Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2011 6:07:38 AM EDT
I thought you guys would get a laugh out of this.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats funny.

Lots of truth about OPSEC too.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure dogbert has defensive weaponry covered.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You KNOW he does!  

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Sad but true.  There are a lot of people, even some who've posted in the survival forum in the past, who have the mindset that through force of arms they already  intend to take what they need in a survival setting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sad but true.  There are a lot of people, even some who've posted in the survival forum in the past, who have the mindset that through force of arms they already  intend to take what they need in a survival setting.

That, and the ever popular "if something bad happens I'm coming to your place..."
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That, and the ever popular "if something bad happens I'm coming to your place..."

Yeah, except for Colt_Sporter's place. No one in his right mind would try to take anything from that feller

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Being one of those just let me remind you that when it comes to survival you will do what ever is necessary for your own survival and your families survival. If that means protecting what you have from others so be it. If it means taking form others to survive then you will do it. It's easy to stake out a moral position now but if the wife and kids are hungry and I have the only food I know you will come for me to kill me and take what you want.
When it gets right down to it you or anyone else is not going to let family members die because it's wrong to take supplies from someone else.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being one of those just let me remind you that when it comes to survival you will do what ever is necessary for your own survival and your families survival. If that means protecting what you have from others so be it. If it means taking form others to survive then you will do it. It's easy to stake out a moral position now but if the wife and kids are hungry and I have the only food I know you will come for me to kill me and take what you want.
When it gets right down to it you or anyone else is not going to let family members die because it's wrong to take supplies from someone else.

You're projecting your own character attributes on me, and very wrong.

You might as well try convincing me that I would have a sex change.  Just because something is part of your character doesn't make it part of mine.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#9]
"Being one of those just let me remind you that when it comes to survival you will do what ever is necessary for your own survival and your families survival. If that means protecting what you have from others so be it. If it means taking form others to survive then you will do it."

Funny, but you left off one of the biggies here. If that means preparing in advance so you have what you need, so be it. Anybody who PLANS to try to survive by killing others and taking their stuff will not live long, I'd bet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd bet a dollar to a donut hole that is the plan for the majority of the folks out there.

Probably any cabin or remote BOL of any kind has already been considered/targeted by more than a few leeches for the place they are going to go if they need to.

And many will probably be happy to use force as necessary to remove anyone there.

Example:

There's a guy who has a cabin in a sightly remote area who once said to me he had enough beans and rice in his basement at home to feed a lot of people.

A couple years later my SO happened to be around him and he was talking to someone else about preps and he said "he had a gun and would take whatever he needed".

This is an ex military guy, prominent business owner, and he has some resources.

So I think the plan for most unprepped folks is to take what they need and most of us are in denial about how pervasive this attitude is.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks complete and total bullshit. Prepare NOW so you don't have to steal from others later. If you didn't prepare, that's your fault. There's no moral position bullshit here, it's just the realities of life.

And if you try to take from me what I'm storing to feed my family, you'll get a hail of buckshot.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks complete and total bullshit. Prepare NOW so you don't have to steal from others later. If you didn't prepare, that's your fault. There's no moral position bullshit here, it's just the realities of life.  

And if you try to take from me what I'm storing to feed my family, you'll get a hail of buckshot.

It's ok Doc.  That boat ain't gettin to Turkey.  Hell. That boat ain't gettin past chicken
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's ok Doc.  That boat ain't gettin to Turkey.  Hell. That boat ain't gettin past chicken

It still makes me mad to see such ignorance. We're living the best years of our civilization here, arguably, since the 17th century. But I still prep and advise people closest to me, to do so as well.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]
i had a guy tell me last week that the reason everyone is buying guns is so that when they need to they can take food from whomever they want.  I was WTF??

then i want on to explain to him that law abiding citizens are buying guns to protect themselves from looters and bad guys who steal food. and he kept insiting that i didnt know what i was talkin about.  I cant blow my OPSEC so i dropped it.

Honestly, I think people are really stupid. At my workplace there is this guy who is always talkin about gun laws and outdoors stuff and when i call him out, he says thats what he heard on TV.  he doesnt even own guns or do anything outdoors. he's just a super huge libtard, spreading BS.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#15]
"i had a guy tell me last week that the reason everyone is buying guns is so that when they need to they can take food from whomever they want."

Maybe he can't do the math, but half those people might be buying guns so the other half CAN'T take food from them. Funny how people always seem to forget about that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Best Dilbert I've seen.  It's sad but true.  I'd like to believe people would be more compassionate & live with their decision that they choose not to prepare but I know the truth.... . Stack that ammo deep boys.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're projecting your own character attributes on me, and very wrong.

You might as well try convincing me that I would have a sex change.  Just because something is part of your character doesn't make it part of mine.

Normally I wouldn't encourage one to feed the Trolls.
In this case you're not feeding a Troll.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I have planned to help some a neighbor family. Almost all of the other (45 families) are better set up than I am.
M
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]
taking supplies by force sounds a lot easier on paper, than in real life.  once the first home invasions happen, people will load up all the guns, get really paranoid, batten down the hatches, put in road blocks, guards, barbed wire, etc.

a remote location, with a single couple might be easy,/ less risky,  but a location where family members live close together, with good neighbors who help each other wont be so easy. hitting a single house you might get in, but getting out again will be a nightmare unless your rolling with a company sized element.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
taking supplies by force sounds a lot easier on paper, than in real life.  once the first home invasions happen, people will load up all the guns, get really paranoid, batten down the hatches, put in road blocks, guards, barbed wire, etc.

a remote location, with a single couple might be easy,/ less risky,  but a location where family members live close together, with good neighbors who help each other wont be so easy. hitting a single house you might get in, but getting out again will be a nightmare unless your rolling with a company sized element.

I slightly have to respectfully disagree with you on one point... Home invasions are happening now & are on the rise in some areas & most neighbors aren't putting up road blocks & such... Shoot most neighbors don't even know their neighbors name anymore.  I do hope however that if it was needed people would rise to the occasion & work together.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I slightly have to respectfully disagree with you on one point... Home invasions are happening now & are on the rise in some areas & most neighbors aren't putting up road blocks & such... Shoot most neighbors don't even know their neighbors name anymore.  I do hope however that if it was needed people would rise to the occasion & work together.

You both have good points.  Then again, most neighbors aren't putting up road blocks today over home invasions because the vast majority know that if they mind their own business then the probability of being targeted is very small.  On the other hand, in a serious crisis where there are shortages in the food supply, everyone will be much more concerned about protecting what they have because the probability of being targeted goes way up.  If neighbors don't know each other yet, they'll have a big incentive to start knowing their neighbors very fast.  Old fashioned barter will start up among neighbors, most likely between the wives.

We experienced a mild form of this a few years ago.  We went to church one Sunday and the bishop told us that we were going to have a practice crisis and pretend that the grocery stores weren't available for a week.  We'd been counseled for years to have food storage on hand so this was an opportunity to evaluate our preps and how we use them.  About 4 or 5 days into the mock disaster a form of informal barter was starting to spring up between the women in the neighborhood, I remember my wife trading an extra loaf of bread with a neighbor for half a block of cheese.  In a real crisis the transactions could be more urgent or "weighty", but the dynamics of bartering will probably start much the same.  First with the wives and later between the men as necessity and urgency increases.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I like to shoot skeet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Panel 7:
<Thinks>: Lady, I am a single, well paid engineer without a wife or girlfriend, what else do I have to spend $$ on?  I have enough guns and ammo to start a coup in a 3rd world country!  You should see my AMMO fort, my tactical wheelbarrow, and my internet radio show...
<Says>: I don't believe in violence.

Fixed it...
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#24]
obvious truth is obvious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Honestly, I think people are really stupid. At my workplace there is this guy who is always talkin about gun laws and outdoors stuff and when i call him out, he says thats what he heard on TV.  he doesnt even own guns or do anything outdoors. he's just a super huge libtard, spreading BS.

This.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is true that home invasions are increasing in this country, as are other historically rare crimes.  However, In a time when people are on their own, do you believe that their neighbors will not band together, perhaps not to actually rescue the victims (but it would be a nice option if practical), but to ensure that the criminals do not have the opportunity to place them next on the list.  Most criminals today have a lot of protection compared to what they had in years past.  In the future, perhaps some of that protection may be lacking.  If there are no police to respond or central government to rely on, I would assume that judgement and punishment would return to a local or individual level, just as it has been for most of the history of the world.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You KNOW he does!  

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0021/27/E5/27E5B2AE8D451AD48E24BF.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6474/dogbert.gif

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#28]

It is the truth. I find it amazing that we have a national cartoonist willing to put this on to paper! Great job!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, except for Colt_Sporter's place. No one in his right mind would try to take anything from that feller  

Shhhhh..
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#31]
A guy I know from the army has stated many times that his plans are to rob and steal from the Mormons (a lot of Mormons in Mesa and Gilbert Arizona).  He knows about their stlckpiling food and stuff and he believes theh are too nice to do anything.  

I am not Mormon but a lot of my friends are.  He doesnt believe me when I tell him that a lot of Mormons own firearms and wont be as easy as he thinks they are.  He seems to think his ak clone makes him immune from buckshot fired from a hunting shotgun or a 30.06 round from a scoped Remington.....

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shhhhh..

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 1:36:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

A guy I know from the army has stated many times that his plans are to rob and steal from the Mormons (a lot of Mormons in Mesa and Gilbert Arizona). He knows about their stlckpiling food and stuff and he believes theh are too nice to do anything.

I am not Mormon but a lot of my friends are. He doesnt believe me when I tell him that a lot of Mormons own firearms and wont be as easy as he thinks they are. He seems to think his ak clone makes him immune from buckshot fired from a hunting rifle or a 30.06 round from a scoped Remkngton.....

If he has states that many times then I am sure he does have a plan to do it, BUT I would venture to guess that he would only be able to attempt that just once.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
i had a guy tell me last week that the reason everyone is buying guns is so that when they need to they can take food from whomever they want.  I was WTF??

then i want on to explain to him that law abiding citizens are buying guns to protect themselves from looters and bad guys who steal food. and he kept insiting that i didnt know what i was talkin about.  I cant blow my OPSEC so i dropped it.

Put him on the "watch list".
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You both have good points.  Then again, most neighbors aren't putting up road blocks today over home invasions because the vast majority know that if they mind their own business then the probability of being targeted is very small.  On the other hand, in a serious crisis where there are shortages in the food supply, everyone will be much more concerned about protecting what they have because the probability of being targeted goes way up.  If neighbors don't know each other yet, they'll have a big incentive to start knowing their neighbors very fast.  Old fashioned barter will start up among neighbors, most likely between the wives.

We experienced a mild form of this a few years ago.  We went to church one Sunday and the bishop told us that we were going to have a practice crisis and pretend that the grocery stores weren't available for a week.  We'd been counseled for years to have food storage on hand so this was an opportunity to evaluate our preps and how we use them.  About 4 or 5 days into the mock disaster a form of informal barter was starting to spring up between the women in the neighborhood, I remember my wife trading an extra loaf of bread with a neighbor for half a block of cheese.  In a real crisis the transactions could be more urgent or "weighty", but the dynamics of bartering will probably start much the same.  First with the wives and later between the men as necessity and urgency increases.

you got it... i was obviously refering to home invasions, and such, after the shtf, and the gov was basically useless to protect and serve, and people are left to fend for themselves. protect and feed and secure their property with no help from any legal authority.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A guy I know from the army has stated many times that his plans are to rob and steal from the Mormons (a lot of Mormons in Mesa and Gilbert Arizona).  He knows about their stlckpiling food and stuff and he believes theh are too nice to do anything.  

I am not Mormon but a lot of my friends are.  He doesnt believe me when I tell him that a lot of Mormons own firearms and wont be as easy as he thinks they are.  He seems to think his ak clone makes him immune from buckshot fired from a hunting rifle or a 30.06 round from a scoped Remkngton.....

Buckshot fired from a hunting rifle???

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not Mormon but a lot of my friends are.  He doesnt believe me when I tell him that a lot of Mormons own firearms and wont be as easy as he thinks they are.  He seems to think his ak clone makes him immune from buckshot fired from a hunting rifle or a 30.06 round from a scoped Remkngton.....

those are new...... you dont have one?!??!?!   your missing out........ 3'  foot buck spread @ 300 yards... badassed !
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#38]
the average joe buying a pistol doesn't worry me nearly as much as a group of arfcom'rs, particularly some of those who hang out in GD.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have family in that area.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oops, guess that's what happens when you post late at night from a phone....

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

those are new...... you dont have one?!??!?!   your missing out........ 3'  foot buck spread @ 300 yards... badassed !
You guys didn't point out that I spelled Remington with a k, I'm disappointed.

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't a rifle, but I did fire a bolt action shotgun a little over two years ago.  Handling it felt a lot like handling an old hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen with my very own eyes what C_S can do with an OBR at standoff distance. You'd have to be nuts to try to storm his castle There is a reason why I stockpile ammo and mags that are specifically earmarked for him

Same goes for Surf-I wouldn't want to hike up his driveway without an invite either...

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The best defense againts brigands and outlaws is a good offense.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't a rifle, but I did fire a bolt action shotgun a little over two years ago.  Handling it felt a lot like handling an old hunting rifle.

They can still be bought used at pawnshops. I have a bolt action 12-gauge. Now THAT is a bolt. ;)
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am not Mormon but a lot of my friends are.  He doesnt believe me when I tell him that a lot of Mormons own firearms and wont be as easy as he thinks they are.  He seems to think his ak clone makes him immune from buckshot fired from a hunting shotgun or a 30.06 round from a scoped Remington.....

Sounds like you know Gunkid.
Reading Gunkid's posts online reminds me of that line McNamara said years ago when speaking to one of our military planners:
"General, you don't have a war plan! All you have is a kind of horrible spasm!"

Anybody who thinks the life of a raider will keep them alive after TSHTF is "planning" to die quickly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#47]
When people say they are coming to my place, I tell them to bring their friends. I need more bodies to use as sandbags. Usually shuts them up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When people say they are coming to my place, I tell them to bring their friends. I need more bodies to use as sandbags soylent green. Usually shuts them up.

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think any people with working brains will figure out pretty quickly after TSHTF that law & order are their jobs now. After a few "formerly criminal" incidents(formerly criminal because after TSHTF there will be no such thing as crimes), any community with somebody who can think in them will realize that their safety is up to them, and just like the bad guys will realize there is no more government to stop them, the "good guys" will also realize it too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen with my very own eyes what C_S can do with an OBR at standoff distance. You'd have to be nuts to try to storm his castle There is a reason why I stockpile ammo and mags that are specifically earmarked for him

Same goes for Surf-I wouldn't want to hike up his driveway without an invite either...

I envy you american guys sometimes, I wish I had such friends

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top