User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2011 7:31:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Love it!

I don't see any slugs in the pic. Buck only?
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Wheight?

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
So if that were mounted in a "pass key" configuration under an AR could we call it a drilling?

That is nice TJ
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I call shotgun!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Very nice, Tj.  I think I might need one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
How very zombieland of you! all kidding aside. I WANT ONE
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Makes me think of a character in a John Wayne movie "Rio Bravo" IIRC
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
all kinds of diplomacy there....Echo like...
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to go against the grain on this one, that would be at the back of the safe for a go-to gun. I'm sure it's a nice gun but it seems to have too many disadvantages to be a weapon I would choose if I had to.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

How very zombieland of you! all kidding aside. I WANT ONE

I hadn't thought of "Zombieland".  Another reason to like it.

Rule #2 of Zombieland – Double Tap.

You think it’s dead (technically it was before you shot it), one more makes 100% sure.

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have never been a big shotgun fan.  

Having said that, the only shotty I own is a side by side coach gun like TJ's.  

They are great for initial repeling of "boarders" or in today's world, "home invaders."  

Ours stands nightly guard duty right beside our bedside.  2 in the tubes, 6 on the saddle.  

Looks great TJ.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone actually seen the Maverick HS12?

Anyone know if the Maverick comes with auto eject?
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't like the single trigger on this gun.  Do both barrels go off simultaneously, or is two-stage or something?

Also, I never liked that you have to click the Stoeger safety off every time you cock it.

Other than that it's a decent gun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought my son a Stoeger Condor recently and I think it is a fine gun for the money.  I also own several other shotguns, my home defense is a 870 Tactical, But my favorite shotgun is my my old POS side by side.  I consistently hit 25 for 25 with this gun and I can reload quickly.  

My opinion is Stoeger for a lightly used shotgun can't be beat for they money.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice double.  I picked up a Norinco last year.  Exposed hammers and sling swivels.  It sits next to my mom's bed, loaded with #4 buck

I tried to give myself eight or ten reasons, but they all failed compared to the secret knowledge that I've wanted one since Burt Lancaster told the bad guy "Tell them Valdez is coming."
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Nice double.  I picked up a Norinco last year.  Exposed hammers and sling swivels.  It sits next to my mom's bed, loaded with #4 buck

I tried to give myself eight or ten reasons, but they all failed compared to the secret knowledge that I've wanted one since Burt Lancaster told the bad guy "Tell them Valdez is coming."

Exposed hammers are teh sex

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't like the single trigger on this gun. Do both barrels go off simultaneously, or is two-stage or something?

if it fired more than once per pull of the trigger it would be a "machine gun". (per ATF's definition)

IIRC, it's got a mechanism that resets the trigger from the recoil and a second press of the trigger fires the second barrel.

it's faster than having two triggers, but if you have different loads in each bore, or if the two barrels had different chokes you couldn't pick the order in which you fired them, they just fire in the order they're designed to, and apparently have the same choke on both sides.

the gun looks nice. i almost bought a nicke, clean old exposed hammer SXS 12 from a friend recently but the timing was bad and i wasn't sure what i'd do with it.

anyway... the gun looks nice, it's just the sling and light that i'm not so sure about. never been a fan of bandoleer slings... they tend to swing around like crazy when they're loaded up and you're shooting it. i'd rather have a seperate bandoleer or belt. pr just a pouch on a belt. and i'd have to feel the light setup to make a call on that.

i've never been a big shotgunner. not anti SG, but i only have one. almost doubled the number and tried to pick up a Snake Charmer recently. one of those guns i've wanted since i was 10 and never got. saw one listed for sale for a good price locally but didn't get there in time. still don't know what i'd use that for... i've just wanted one forever.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

if it fired more than once per pull of the trigger it would be a "machine gun". (per ATF's definition)

IIRC, it's got a mechanism that resets the trigger from the recoil and a second press of the trigger fires the second barrel.

it's faster than having two triggers, but if you have different loads in each bore, or if the two barrels had different chokes you couldn't pick the order in which you fired them, they just fire in the order they're designed to, and apparently have the same choke on both sides.

Good points for double triggers, though I don't think this is necessarily faster.  I used to have a Stoeger and could loose both barrels simultaneously using a different finger on each trigger.

I never did figure out how to keep the safety from re-engaging every time I broke open the action, though.  It would have been perfect without that feature.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:36:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Naaasty little buggers!

Got a plain-jane russian coach gun.  I think my county require's one per home, by law.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 3:20:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Old school cool , i like it
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL, you need to retake the pic- your toes aren't in it!

Have a fondness/weakness for doubles.
Into double digits., but many were inherited.
So maybe I have a genetic predisposition towrds them.
Sterlingworths in 12,16,and 20 too.

My brother picked up a NIB Stoeger Coach gun 20+ years ago for cheap.
Being younger and foolisher(?), we tried both barrels at once, starting with low brass # 8s,working up to slugs.
It held.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I do think it is cool looking but trying to justify the additional cost would be my biggest issue.  TJ if the money was easy for you, then good on you.  For my money I would have stuck with an old, reliable 870 or Mossy 500.  More ammo capacity and with only an 18.5" barrel, not much longer.(and can still be slung over your back in the same manner)  Threads like this one do remind me how different our individual tastes can be while still all striving for the same end results.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I call shotgun!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Very nice, Tj. I think I might need one.

They don't make them in 16ga so i can't see that happening  

TJ the shotgun whore in me loves it.

But i must refrain the double brl is right in that same group as the kukri and tomahawk when i hold them i want to do crazy shit
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#26]
that thing is farkin sweet! That gives me an idea for an old dbl barrel i have.

Zombie Splatter: My survival blog
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Anyone actually seen the Maverick HS12?

Anyone know if the Maverick comes with auto eject?

It has extractors not ejectors.

At least that is what the review I just read said about it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I hate this thread between this and the last big shotgun thread in here it makes me want to order the parts for my "project 1100" i picked up a while back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Video tape yourself replacing from that sling, especially on the move. I need a good giggle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Very nice TJ!  Have wanted one since I saw it in a magazine and LGS.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#33]
TJ, I looked at one real close a few days ago. I didnt like the fac that the shells don't eject. You have to pull them out. Does this present a problem for you? What your take on it?

Jim
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice.

Can the pad in the back be removed for storage inside the stock?
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/uploads/1309968497/gallery_7_13_70226.jpg

Stoeger Double Defense
Shurefire 6p
Blackhawk Shotgun Sling

Despite having a bunch of pumps, over and unders, and yes a Mossberg 590 complete with give a liberal a heart attack bayonet lug, I like this gun.  Its small in size, two very fast shots, handles magnum shells, ported so to keep the barrel down, and slings over  your back so the shells cross your chest like a Poncho Villa movie.  The light is side mounted so both an easy simple left hand index finger to activate and a comfortable riding position when back slung.  

I have a whopping a little over $500 in the gun, $439 tax and background on the actual shotty and picked up the Shurefire LED for $54 on Amazon.  The rounds pictured are the Italain Buckshot Law Enforcement which is 1290 fps, 12 pellet, 00.  

This will stop a bad guy and will stop a bird.

Tj

Fuckin' works for me!

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like the SG I've been looking for.

Thanks, TJ!
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#37]
That would be even better if you can find some 357 chamber inserts.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Cool. I like it. Congrats TJ.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#39]
TJ, the SF consigliere  

Sorry, that reminds me of Michael Corleone's Scilian bodyguards.

Cool coach gun
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I like it, point and shoot .
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad you like it.

Saw one in the local shop, but it didn't do anything for me.

I prefer an 870 for HD.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I like it.
It would look good riding on my tractor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Just when I thought I didn't need anymore shotgun stuff this pops up.
Thanks, TJ
I am just gonna go ahead and throw you under the bus when the wife wants to know why I "need" another shotgun,
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points for double triggers, though I don't think this is necessarily faster.  I used to have a Stoeger and could loose both barrels simultaneously using a different finger on each trigger.

I never did figure out how to keep the safety from re-engaging every time I broke open the action, though.  It would have been perfect without that feature.

take stock off crack it open and look at what hits saftey, dremel some off that rod. you can chop the spring for the lever to make it easier to open also.  
Thats how to disable auto saftey, not saftey period

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Makes me think of a character in a John Wayne movie "Rio Bravo" IIRC

I was thinking of the movie "Evil Dead" and the main characters "Boomstick".

Link Posted: 7/25/2011 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#47]
^^^^^
the main character was named "Ash", played by Bruce Campbell.

According to IMBD the actual line from "Army of Darkness" the 1992 sequal to "Evil Dead" was:
"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

K.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll soon be stuck with something like that for defense for a while, but with a 24" barrel. At least until something better is available.

FerFAL
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I call shotgun!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Very nice, Tj. I think I might need one.

They don't make them in 16ga so i can't see that happening  

TJ the shotgun whore in me loves it.

But i must refrain the double brl is right in that same group as the kukri and tomahawk when i hold them i want to do crazy shit

Hey, I have a couple of 12 gauge shotties!  Now if they did make it in 16 ga. then I'd have to buy one!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top