Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 5:34:21 PM EDT
Its not always the world is ending or a major event , 99% of the time its about day to day trails...... yet again

Well this weekend me and my wife got invited to go camping with a friend at a local campground 15 minutes from the house . We get there and after getting the camper setup I preform my normal  routine , cap off the 42 gal fresh water tank , fill my 5 5gal lci water jugs that stay in the camper ( I had used them to water some stuff in the yard when we left to rotate the water) , function check appliances , setup the porch area , cap off the lanterns and tiki torches . After that spent the evening doing normal camping stuff , next morning my friend came by and asked did we have any trouble with our water , told him I didnt know , checked 0 pressure on the campsite side .  He said they no water at all at there campsite , I told him no problem , just use my water in the 5 gal jugs . He did and thanked me and returned them full from the front bathhouse . Little later we found out the main for our loop had busted so I loaned my 5 gal cans out so all the campers around be could fill their tanks . A few of them could not get the cans up to there fill so I them pulled out my spare 12 volt pump and rigged up my ham radio go box to power it to pump the cans out into there tanks .  

By saturday evening every one had there fresh water tanks full and were very thankful , we got a free meal out of the deal and lots of offers for payment which we declined. We had a great time and the ones around us did too saturday minus about a 1hour of time for me and 30 minutes for each of my neighbors at the site , about 9pm they informed us there was going to be no water till monday . Sunday morning was a bit of a downer on the trip when my friend found his radios stolen off his pontoon boat , he thought he had heard something about 110 am ,apparently it was the sound of the radio box being pried off and cut loose . The rangers and local sheriff deputy came by and did a report and some basic questioning .After that every one started to pack up and head out .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top