Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:28:08 PM EDT
First off, thanks to everyone here in SF for the plethora of information and the quality of said information. I love SF and have been greatly influenced in my purchases and preps by everyone here. Now to the point.

My SO has a script for Nabumetone, on auto fill. I took notice this evening there's a good bit building up and it got me thinking. WWSFD? So, like a dedicated follower, I need to present this to the group. Would this medicine have a place in the FJr001's prep stores? I read the Web MD info for uses and about side effects, and here are a few questions I have.  If someone with an inflammatory ailment were to be given a small dose, would it be worth the risk of possible side effects? It may be helpful to her, of course, but are the side effects to anyone else really worth the risk?  Poison, sprains, allergic reactions, arthritis (reason SO has script), all seem to have varying degrees of risk vs reward, when it comes to treatment options. Can this even be used for other minor problems safely?

When I think of anyone to ask about this, you all here are the only place I can count on having a reasonable non-GD type discussion. I am not planning to break any laws here. This is just research into a realm I'm not familiar with and would like to take advantage of any possible medical help if a situation would ever sour. Her script is current and this will continue to be, as a long term pain management solution for her unfortunate conditions, as we are both younger (about 30). Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen, I'm looking forward to reading your responses.
                                                                                                                                                                                              SF4EVER
                                                                                                                                                                                              FelixJr001

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
First:  Have you looked into diet changes and supplements to make quality of life better for her?

Second:  As you have already read reactions vary for different people, so I do support you in treading lightly about the use of this med.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The severity of the situation I was thinking would be along the lines of a "Lights Out" type. Only the end all SHTF event. Thank you both for you thoughts and input! Ill be sure to see there's a good emergency supply and act accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Duly noted good sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top