Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2011 4:11:26 AM EDT
The recent devastation in Japan has been instrumental in getting  my wife fully on board with prepping.  After watching the news and seeing all the people on foot and in shelters she's beginning to realize how fragile all of this is.  With that being said, she's seriously been thinking about what goes into her GHB / BOB.  Since we have two children she's also been thinking about her ability to get home with both of them in the event she's on foot.  Her new approach has been to keep a stroller in the mini-van at all times, even though she doesn't use it with the kids.  

Any suggestions from the group on better options for getting home with the kids.  Keep in mind we're talking about two kids less than 5 years old.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm happy that she is thinking about this.  How would you take care of the kids while spending all day at a large and crowded theme park?  Think disneyland on "kids get in free and dad gets 12 free beers" day.  

You can consider going "native."  My wife lies a baby sling; also called a mayan sling, or a tactical mumu.  

More information and instructions.

http://www.slingrings.com/index.php

This is a great system because it weighs less than a loaded AR mag, and can fit in a large pocket.  Yet this sling can enable a reasonably healthy person to carry quite a bit of weight while still keeping their hands free, and staying balanced.

Here is a clown I know and two of his kids 5yo and 2yo.

Here is just the 2yo

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top