Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 7:17:37 PM EDT
Just thought I'd post a link...as it might be of interest to some here.

60 minutes

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly, as much as 30% of the global Rx business involves counterfeit products, especially in 3rd world countries.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
people still watch 60 minutes?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Pfizer  was the episode sponsor, imagine that

I can see the latest and greatest drugs being a problem, but most here are more worried about storing very common products such as insulin or antibiotics, which are usually crazy cheap on the wholesale market.  Were they mentioned in the report?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't check out the link at the moment, but are the counterfeits real? By that, I mean is (for example) counterfeit insulin actually insulin, but just not manufactured by whoever's on the label? Or is it completely counterfeit, where the the insulin would actually be vegetable oil?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not just the fakes....the majority of ingredients for todays pharmaceuticals come from China....and we know how the quality control there is. Since there has been all kinds of toxic things sent to us by them, i.e. toys, jewelry etc... anyone who is not wary of the drugs or drug ingredients is just plain
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I would say most of the generics you already take come from India.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

fuck no
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck no

thats what i thought......
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would say most of the generics you already take come from India.

You would be wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top