Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 10:40:56 AM EDT
we all argue about weather we are going to bug in, or bug out. well i am in the process of bugging out. its a slow motion bug out. i cannot actually get to moving until i have my income tax in hand. this $$ will fund my temporary bug out location, ( rental house)until i can buy a more suitable,bug out location, in a suitable area. ( buy/ built a house). the event that has me bugging out, is a divorce. ( original thread in gd). i have tried to perposition a few key pieces of gear along my route, i am relocating approx 15 miles to the next county, where my daughter lives. my oldest daughter lives with her mother( ex wife), and im relocating my younger daughter, with me. ( youngest 13, said she didnt mind changing schools, older 14, refuses to change schools. oldest daughter bugged out a few months ago, and refuses to return to this hostile location.

once i relocate at the bug out location, ( to be determined), my oldest daughter will move back in with me. ironically, this bug out, is identical to a lot of story bug outs. this location has become untenable, and hostile towards both myself, and both daughters. relocation is a must. i have been trying to decide when the right time to bug out was, this has been a hard decision. leave too early is a danger, as is leaving too late. a few days ago, i decided i needed to put a plan into action, after a few dramatic developments, made me decide this location is going to fail soon. .

the wife represents the confiscory government, who might decend and confiscate all supplies at any time, to be divided equally among the locals. im very nervous about this possibility, as i have experienced this in the past. i had almost every single posession confiscated, and stolen. i have managed to preposition some supplies at a secure location, between me and the bug out location. unfortunately this location, is under observation by hostile elements, and any attempt to move a large quantity of material, will be immediately obvious, and will most likely aggrivate the locals,( wifes relatives), and government, possibly resulting in a rapid attempt at seizure of supplies.

i have decided to abandon everything at this location, and only take the neccesities required for survival. all household supplies, furniture, and all contents are being abandoned. the only household items deemed critical, are the two tv sets ( 32" hd) located in the kids rooms, and two x box tactical training simulators, old edition, and newer 360 model. the only other things being taken are the neccessities.

1. all clothing for myself and kids.
2. kids personal property.
3. guns
4. ammo fort
5 atv
6 all camping gear
7. generator
8. all military and hunting gear
9. a single tub of food, to hold out until additional supplies can be obtained
10. all stored fuel and propane.
11. army cots will go, as they will be the only furniture for the near future.
12. personal laptop for critical internet communications, with arfcom, and to order supply drops from online suppliers. ( there is a second laptop being left at this location, for the locals)

this is a very high stress situation, and i will try to update as possible
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
First thing, do you have a reasonable working relationship with your ex?

Is your financial situation so dismal that you can't consider renting a ministorage for a couple months?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
"...the only household items deemed critical, are the two tv sets ( 32" hd) located in the kids rooms, and two x box tactical training simulators, old edition, and newer 360 model. the only other things being taken are the neccessities. "

Sounds like your priorities are entirely misplaced.

Could that be why you find yourself in these condtions -repeatedly?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yes. we have equal custody, and the kids can live at which ever home they want. its in writing. they get to choose.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]

doesn't sound like it. best of luck to you.

edited for clarity
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"...the only household items deemed critical, are the two tv sets ( 32" hd) located in the kids rooms, and two x box tactical training simulators, old edition, and newer 360 model. the only other things being taken are the neccessities. "

Sounds like your priorities are entirely misplaced.

Could that be why you find yourself in these condtions -repeatedly?

i do not believe so. much money has been spent my myself, from a va disability lump sum. this money was used to buy a  lot of new furniture, lot of remodeling, and the wife will be left with  a complete household. sure, id love to move a lot more, but from past experience, i believe if i leave the household as intact as possible, i will be able to leave with the mentioned property. trying to take a lot more, will result in costly legal problems, and stress which in my opinion is not worth the effort. i will be able to replace the furniture in a reasonable amount of time..

the kids have been begging for this for quite a while, and said they would happily sleep on a cot, if we moved.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes. we have equal custody, and the kids can live at which ever home they want. its in writing. they get to choose.

Then consult with your ex and determine what resources/support -of any kind- she might be willing to provide -in good faith- for a couple months.

Would she provide a safe place to store your high value items?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Do the hostile forces know about the communication forum known in some circles as arfcom?  If they do your encryption scheme is not sufficient to prevent intel from bleeding out to the occupation forces.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then consult with your ex and determine what resources/support -of any kind- she might be willing to provide -in good faith- for a couple months.

that would be zero..... she is al for my moving. she gets tired of hearing the kids constantly complain about my wife, / their stepmother. she wont be supplying anything. i have plenty of income to pay for a place, im just needing the income tax, to make the original move, and pay the usual expenses, WITHOUT  leaving my wife in a bind with being shortchanged .......... the wife was the one who suggested i use this money.  she does not want me to leave, and im doing my best to not antagonize her.

honestly i feel horrible about leaving, as i have been on the receiving end of it, i just do not see any other way.  i really cant deal with another nasty divorce. there is really nothing to fight about. the house is in her dads name, and on his property. although i have spend a lot on it, im willing to give her everything, just to take our personal stuff and go.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do the hostile forces know about the communication forum known in some circles as arfcom?  If they do your encryption scheme is not sufficient to prevent intel from bleeding out to the occupation forces.

this is a concern. although low. all this equipment has been staged for movement before at a storage facility, and then again at a friends house. she knows what i want to take already. plus im not really saying anything she does not know already. i believe as long as i do not mention certain things, blowback is minimal. ... for instance, gd, asked for " pics of wife", which i refused. i did have a few pics of kids though.... im not trash talking her, i have no new woman waiting for me....
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I may well find myself divorced soon too.  I wish you luck and I have posted a couple times about my story.  Right now I am prepping for the event trying to see if there is a way to save this shipwreck of a mariage but I am also trying to crimp our spending, pay down debt, and evaluate how I will live divorced.  

Short term, my plan is a small appartment where I can hopefully save up money and buy land to get away on weekends.  I will likely start with a camper on the property and then later build something on that land to start over.  Divorce is not something I want, but then again, I have been trying to give it time for four if not five years and I am tired of sleeping on the couch and while I don't want my kids to be raised in a broken family I am also not really interested in having them think this is normal either.

Oh well, expect this one is headed to GD.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would be zero..... she is al for my moving. she gets tired of hearing the kids constantly complain about my wife, / their stepmother. she wont be supplying anything. i have plenty of income to pay for a place, im just needing the income tax, to make the original move, and pay the usual expenses....... the wife was the one who suggested i use this money.  she does not want me to leave, and im doing my best to not antagonize her. i really cant deal with another nasty divorce. there is really nothing to fight about. the house is in her dads name, and on his property. although i have spend a lot on it, im willing to give her everything, just to take our personal stuff and go.

I guess I wasn't clear enough asking my question.

Will your ex cooperate in any way to help facilitate your move by providing a safe place to store your things,.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would be zero..... she is al for my moving. she gets tired of hearing the kids constantly complain about my wife, / their stepmother. she wont be supplying anything. i have plenty of income to pay for a place, im just needing the income tax, to make the original move, and pay the usual expenses....... the wife was the one who suggested i use this money.  she does not want me to leave, and im doing my best to not antagonize her. i really cant deal with another nasty divorce. there is really nothing to fight about. the house is in her dads name, and on his property. although i have spend a lot on it, im willing to give her everything, just to take our personal stuff and go.

Will your ex cooperate in any way to help facilitate your move by providing a safe place to store your things,.

she suggested i move some things to her fathers home, ( ex father in law), and i talked to him already.... i dont know if i will or not though. men who have been on the bad end of a divorce... like me.... are very paranoid about this stuff.. my EX wife, after we decided to get divorced, and stay together for a few more months to pay down bills. got really mad one night, told me i was " fucking leaving right now", and called the cops, and told them she wanted me gone.

i was told to leave, refused to be allowed to take even clothes, and the next time i went back, everything i used to have was gone, atv, gear etc. .. all she would say was... " i dont know what your talking about, we didnt have a 4 wheeler"... so yeah im paranoid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, before this gets kicked back to GD, a strategy I'd use is to cherry pick my most important personal items like the best guns, ammo fort, etc, PARTIALLY!, leaving stuff behind for plausible deniability.

And for your wife to gnaw on while you are making your escape.

Since you claim to have plenty of income, why the anguish over losing a used genny and some camping gear?

You say you're stressed, then remeber the Gambler's Song and figure out how to Fold Up asap and simply leave personal possessions that aren't high dollar items behind to make your escape otta Dodge a little smoother.

Hell, I'd been outta there long ago...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

she suggested i move some things to her fathers home, ( ex father in law), and i talked to him already.... i dont know if i will or not though. men who have been on the bad end of a divorce... like me.... are very paranoid about this stuff.. my EX wife, after we decided to get divorced, and stay together for a few more months to pay down bills. got really mad one night, told me i was " fucking leaving right now", and called the cops, and told them she wanted me gone.

i was told to leave, refused to be allowed to take even clothes, and the next time i went back, everything i used to have was gone, atv, gear etc. .. all she would say was... " i dont know what your talking about, we didnt have a 4 wheeler"... so yeah im paranoid.

Understandable.

Find a ministorage in another county and put some stuff there.

Above all don't put all your eggs in the same barrel.

Good luck and maybe it's time to start planning ahead a little better -in all aspects of your life.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, before this gets kicked back to GD, a strategy I'd use is to cherry pick my most important personal items like the best guns, ammo fort, etc, PARTIALLY!, leaving stuff behind for plausible deniability.

And for your wife to gnaw on will you are making your escape.

Since you claim to have plenty of income, why the anguish over losing a used genny and some camping gear.

You say you're stressed, then remeber the Gambler's Song and figure out how to Fold Up asap and simply leave personal possessions that aren't high dollar items behind to make your escape otta Dodge a little smoother.

im on 100% va disability. i have enough to live on, but would be difficult to replace everything in a reasonable time. the genny cost me $1500 bucks, and has a hour run time on it. wife has no use. camping gear, is all my prep type stuff, stoves, lanterns, etc. it is not cheap to replace, and she has no interest in any of it... except for possibly $$ value.   i actually need the atv to go hunting, as i cant move a deer without it....its also difficult to even get into my hunting area without it. 3000 acres is a lot for me to walk around on.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for your wife to gnaw on will you are making your escape.

Since you claim to have plenty of income, why the anguish over losing a used genny and some camping gear.

im on 100% va disability. i have enough to live on, but would be difficult to replace everything in a reasonable time. the genny cost me $1500 bucks, and has a hour run time on it. wife has no use. camping gear, is all my prep type stuff, stoves, lanterns, etc. it is not cheap to replace, and she has no interest in any of it... except for possibly $$ value.   i actually need the atv to go hunting, as i cant move a deer without it....its also difficult to even get into my hunting area without it. 3000 acres is a lot for me to walk around on.

Not a perfect world...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understandable.

Find a ministorage in another county and put some stuff there.

Above all don't put all your eggs in the same barrel.

Good luck and maybe it's time to start planning ahead a little better -in all aspects of your life.

i should have income tax in hand in 1/ 1/2 weeks approx... once i get it, ill hopefully have a place in a day or two after that.  its not really enough time to justify a rental unit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#18]
send soon to be X on mini vacation load all stuff in pod and have said pod relocated to safe bail out area
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#19]
thinking about doing another load out right now......didnt say i DIDNT have places to put things, said i was not 100% comfortable putting expensive stuff even at a friends house.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

send soon to be X on mini vacation load all stuff in pod and have said pod relocated to safe bail out area

Hmmm, I wonder if POD would fit in a self storage unit

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh I can just hear the Judge asking for a complete inventory of the contents, under threat of perjury...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
thinking about doing another load out right now......didnt say i DIDNT have places to put things, said i was not 100% comfortable putting expensive stuff even at a friends house.

What kinds of friends do you have anyway???

Wrap it up and tape it in boxes so it would intmidate a 'friend' from tampering with it.

Make it look like it's going to be mailed...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#23]
well..... as long as we are married... i can remove anything i want..... legally....... however, if it comes to a court, they could demand a list of everything. fortunately my wife really hates doctors, and anything legal, so i doubt she would even file for divorce, i would have to do it...... you never know when it comes to $$ though.... honestly, all i want are my kids, and my personal property. not like im trying to take her car, house, or 50% of house contents, or her retirement.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
well..... as long as we are married... i can remove anything i want..... legally....... however, if it comes to a court, they could demand a list of everything. fortunately my wife really hates doctors, and anything legal, so i doubt she would even file for divorce, i would have to do it...... you never know when it comes to $$ though.... honestly, all i want are my kids, and my personal property. not like im trying to take her car, house, or 50% of house contents, or her retirement.

Then just take it and I'd stop posting about it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrap it up and tape it in boxes so it would intmidate a 'friend' from tampering with it.

Make it look like it's going to be mailed...

normally i might not trust my buddy with... expensive toys.     however, his family, and him own a huge farm, and chicken houses, and he could write a check for everything i own  if he wanted. makes me less worried about him taking anything..... i know he will shoot a few toys, as he owns only a few guns, but i have hand receipts etc, to help cover my ass.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#26]
I may have missed it, are any of the kids with this second wife?

As for assuming she hates legal stuff, waite until she talks with friends and they hook her up with an attorney! Then the attorney makes sure she gets her fair 25%, you get your 25%, and the attorney gets their 50%!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Lots of drama.

This thread ought to moved to GD.

Re read OP and found this nugget of 'critical items'

two x box tactical training simulators

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorryto hear it dude. Best of luck.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Having gone through this one time before in the past - let me tell you/suggest:  get a storage unit (no not tell anyone else) and at the first opportunity (without her knowing) take everything you can at one time and store it - at least the stuff you want.  You will only get one chance and only one.  Once out, do not look back and rebuild your life.  
If you decide to try again (relationship) with someone else, just remember the pain of this point in time - do not get yourself into the same situation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lots of drama.

Would those be similar to 'vibrators'?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Having gone through this one time before in the past - let me tell you/suggest:  get a storage unit (no not tell anyone else) and at the first opportunity (without her knowing) take everything you can at one time and store it - at least the stuff you want.  You will only get one chance and only one.  Once out, do not look back and rebuild your life.  
If you decide to try again (relationship) with someone else, just remember the pain of this point in time - do not get yourself into the same situation.

Great advice but somehow I think it's wasted...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I may have missed it, are any of the kids with this second wife?

As for assuming she hates legal stuff, waite until she talks with friends and they hook her up with an attorney! Then the attorney makes sure she gets her fair 25%, you get your 25%, and the attorney gets their 50%!

no kids with the second wife.........lately she has been telling me she hates the sight of them, and cant stand the sight of them, and they should go back to their mothers even if we have to pay child support..... those are not family friendly feelings and statements.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lots of drama.

lmao...... those are important... kids love them.  wife will never use them...= something she really wont give a crap about if i take.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great advice but somehow I think it's wasted...

its not wasted...... about 6 months ago, she was acting kinda weird, and telling me we might need a divorce.. i had just gotten a paycheck that same day.... EVERYTHING was hauled out that same day, gunsafe, and all.. ... it is good advice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lots of drama.

This thread ought to moved to GD

apparently you have never been on the receiving end of a super ass raping divorce. this is probably a more likely disaster scenerio than anything else we discuss here.  this is a important survival discussion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#36]
If she decides she has had enough of you, and talks her way into a restraining order against you, then you just lost all your stuff.  

My friend was married, and the wife decided she did not want him there any longer.  He stayed around anyway, and she finally had enough.  She batted her eyes, and told her little tale, and my friend got a restraining order, and by the time the divorce papers were signed, he had lost most of his stuff.  Fast forward one year.  She remarried on a September, then by December, she pulled the same stunt with hubby number two.  You guessed it, restraining order, and he lost all his stuff.   In both cases, the guys lost family heirlooms belonging to deceased grandmothers.  In both cases the woman could give a shit less.  In both cases the men had ample opportunity to get their stuff out before the hammer got dropped.  In both cases they were stubborn or not thinking, and lost their stuff.

Get you a storage unit, and get as much of your stuff out of there when she is at work.  Do it little by little, take only what it really important, and you might get away with it.  Start with the stuff she won't miss, then you won't have much left when you are ready to FO.  Good luck.

EDIT....you might consider one of those small digital pocket recorders.  They have a long run time, and what you record might save your bacon.

EDIT 2....This shit is why I don't trust a woman as far as I can throw her.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Divorce has the same rules as war.

Make your plans in secret.

Strike hard and fast without warning.

GTFO of the way of a counter attack.

This has worked for my two divorced friends.  We hauled off everything they wanted out of the blue, I'm talking two trucks with trailers and GTFO before she got home.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry to hear it man......it a cruel world......be there for your kids.

book
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Good luck OP!  Hope you get all your stuff out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good luck OP!  Hope you get all your stuff out.

i have all day tomorrow, before she gets home. im going to take the advice, and get a storage unit.  ill be moving as much stuff as possible.  i really do feel terrible about this whole thing, but i know everyone will be a lot happier once its done. i dont even feel guilty taking my personal stuff, it is after all.. my personal stuff. wish me luck !
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I wish you and your kids the best of luck. Divorce is hell and its even tougher on the kids.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wish you and your kids the best of luck. Divorce is hell and its even tougher on the kids.

actually my kids have been begging me to get a divorce for a while. they threatened to leave me, and live with their screwed up mother, ( my ex), if i changed my mind and decided to not get a divorce. out of the 4 of us, my wife is the only one wanting to keep the band together.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually my kids have been begging me to get a divorce for a while. they threatened to leave me, and live with their screwed up mother, ( my ex), if i changed my mind and decided to not get a divorce. out of the 4 of us, my wife is the only one wanting to keep the band together.

Your exwife sounds like a good lady.

Why not reconcile with her but don't live with her?

You 2 work as a team to make the family 3 times stronger?

Why not propose something like that and see her reaction?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top