Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 4:59:32 PM EDT
Anyone have one? Looking at one for a bug out bag. Same mags as my Glock. Folds up tight and small.

Want info from owners. I dont care about looks! Just function!
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have one?  Looking at one for a bug out bag. Same mags as my Glock. Folds up tight and small.

Want info from owners. I dont care about looks! Just function!
Thanks

Yes, I have one.  It takes the .40 caliber Glock mags, just like my pistol.  I bought mine used for $200 back before the Obama scare.  I have since upgraded the front sight to the Blue Force Gear aftermarket front sight.  Most of the rounds I've put through it have been 165 grain Winchester white box fmj.  My subby has been 100% fully functional, and it makes fist sized groups at 25 yards as fast as I can get a sight picture and squeeze.  It's fun, lightweight, and fits conveniently in many non-guncase looking carriers.  Good travel gun for when you can't bring a pistol across state lines.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Have the .40 S&W using Glock 22 mags. Bought it during ObamaScare and have only shot it a few times. Seems reliable and it's fun to shoot. That reminds me, I need to take it back out.

IMO it's a keeper.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got one, have run 9mm Gold Dot HP and WWB through it with no issues.

Trigger is heavy, that's the only real downside. And the owners manual states not to use Blazer aluminum rounds. I'm guessing the aluminum might damage the chamber over time if you do.

The longer barrel makes for a very quiet 9mm round- not much worse than a 10/22.  Can easily shoot it outside w/o hearing protection.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine.....

9mm....Glock mags....in car carbine......carry into hotel and no one even looks twice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I have a matched pair in 9mm which will utilize our mags from our G17's.  We both really really like them.  It's no AR, but I can honestly say that those two guns go to the range every time we go.  I certainly wouldn't feel undergunned with my Sub2k and my Glock 17.

-Parke1
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool! I like that it can be folded up and put in a back pack! Wonders what other mags work in it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Laptop case?

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Laptop case?

yes.......I can keep it on my lap.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cool! I like that it can be folded up and put in a back pack! Wonders what other mags work in it?

You can buy them for Beretta 92, SIG 226, and I believe S&W 59 series as well, though the only ones I ever see are for G17, G19, or Beretta 92.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As I remember, there's also a version that uses Beretta xx mags. As I remember.

edit: oops, got beat.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Which set up is this? Glock what? Mag wise. How many rounds?

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Which set up is this? Glock what? Mag wise. How many rounds?

Glock 17....9mm (33 x 7) + (17x 3) = 265rds?.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]

the glock mag versions are the way to go. 9mm gets 33 rounds and with the latest release of 22 round glock 40 mags it's a tough gun to beat. i've shot both glock mag versions and never had issues. the 9mm glock version is on my short list at the moment.

these things are perfect for a BOB. the 223 versions are worth a look too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
mines 9mm with glock mags. I really like it. Get one you will love it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been thinking about one but have not gone for it...if they made one in .45 ACP I would probably jump at it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#17]
a buddy has the Glock 17 version. fun to shoot with, but IMHO the stock front sight sucks.

unfortunately, Blue Force Gear is no longer making their aftermarket sight.

i've got a new front sight drawn up, need to make a prototype and make sure it works like it should. then i may be producing them for sale.

need to test some of the Korean happy sticks in it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
a buddy has the Glock 17 version. fun to shoot with, but IMHO the stock front sight sucks.

i've got a new front sight drawn up, need to make a prototype and make sure it works like it should. then i may be producing them for sale.

I haven't noticed a difference in the Kahn mags.....they mic GTG......look close....3 Glock and 4 Kahn.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trigger is heavy, that's the only real downside. And the owners manual states not to use Blazer aluminum rounds. I'm guessing the aluminum might damage the chamber over time if you do.

The longer barrel makes for a very quiet 9mm round- not much worse than a 10/22.  Can easily shoot it outside w/o hearing protection.

I don't think that aluminum can damage the chamber. My experience with blazer aluminum is that they have been underpowered and not always cycling the action properly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Where can I find the Sub-2000 that takes 15-round Glock 19 magazines?

I've looked everywhere and have never come across one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine rides in my GHB. It has been there for the last five years, with three 33rd sticks and one 19rd. It works great, I've never had a problem with if, and it only cost me $200. I have shot out to 200m with it, but it works best at 100m or under, I figure that's all I'll need for a GHB. The small size is a plus.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Most people just get one for the G17 and cut the grip down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I had one for a couple years and just couldn't justify the pistol caliber. It was fun and reliable for the few hundred rounds I put through it. I HATED the cheek weld / sight picture. I damn near gave it away to a former co worker who was really happy with it, so, that was a plus.
My Socom 16 is (now) even shorter than the 2000, but it's still a heavy beast.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO, I don't recommend this.  The grip is short enough, and removing material to fit a shorter mag will make it akward to handle.  Even though my Glock is a 23, I stock more -22 mags than -23 mags.  Better for the long mags to hang out of my pistol than to cut the grip of my carbine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO, I don't recommend this.  The grip is short enough, and removing material to fit a shorter mag will make it akward to handle.  Even though my Glock is a 23, I stock more -22 mags than -23 mags.  Better for the long mags to hang out of my pistol than to cut the grip of my carbine.

I agree. I don't want to cut down the grip of a G17-mag Sub2000, but I want total mag interchangeability.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I don't want to cut down the grip of a G17-mag Sub2000, but I want total mag interchangeability.

I have not done this to mine, no need. I here you can order one for the G19. Take a look hereKEl-TEC board
Some over there have cut them down and are happy with the way it turned out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Throw away all Glock 19 mags....save one you keep in the gun.....other than that...Glock 17 mags
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that aluminum can damage the chamber. My experience with blazer aluminum is that they have been underpowered and not always cycling the action properly.

I've contacted both Blazer and KelTec about that.

The problem is the SUB-2000 is a direct blowback. The difference in expansion/friction of an aluminum case vs brass case can cause the aluminum cases to try extracting prematurely, causing case reptures.

Between not being able to use aluminum ammo and the fact that the barrel isn't either chrome lined or stainless, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you are successful please let us know.  I would like 2.

I have 2 Sub-2000's and like them quite a bit.  I use them for BOB's and keep the Sub-2000 and a Beretta 92 (I don't care for Glocks) together with a host of 20 round MecGar mags.  So far all 4 guns have functioned 100% with the hi-cap mags.

The front site is the biggest issue.  They are fragile and you use threaded plastic so it has a tendency to strip.  I stripped out one of mine and KelTec sent a free replacement, but a metal version would be much better.  The trigger is heavy and the cheek weld isn't good but I'm not using this weapon system as a rifle, it is a long range pistol.  It works well for that application, just know the limitations.  Don't expect rifle like accuracy or rifle like wounding capability but expect it to deliver more accurate, faster fire than a handgun in a very compact light package.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is the SUB-2000 is a direct blowback. The difference in expansion/friction of an aluminum case vs brass case can cause the aluminum cases to try extracting prematurely, causing case reptures.

Between not being able to use aluminum ammo and the fact that the barrel isn't either chrome lined or stainless, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

This.  I know some manufacturers recommendations are overly cautious, but I wouldn't use any aluminum cased ammo in a direct blowback pcc.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even consider the barrel metal to be top quality- the first time I shined a bright flashlight down mine, I saw a couple small divots.   But the gun really is a unique item, using pistol mags and folding so small, that I think it's worth owning for its concealability in a pack or vehicle.   I doubt the sub "Mil spec" barrel will be an issue for me at least.  I will probably never put more than 3000 rounds through the gun in its life time, but I've invested putting enough Gold Dot ammo down it to know it will work if I use one in a defensive manner.    It defintely fills a unique niche in the preparedness world, due to its size and pistol compatibility.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even consider the barrel metal to be top quality- the first time I shined a bright flashlight down mine, I saw a couple small divots.   But the gun really is a unique item, using pistol mags and folding so small, that I think it's worth owning for its concealability in a pack or vehicle.   I doubt the sub "Mil spec" barrel will be an issue for me at least.  I will probably never put more than 3000 rounds through the gun in its life time, but I've invested putting enough Gold Dot ammo down it to know it will work if I use one in a defensive manner.    It defintely fills a unique niche in the preparedness world, due to its size and pistol compatibility.

Yeah, it's sure unique.

I was thinking about one for competition (IDPA "Stock Pistol Caliber Carbine" division), and for something cheap to shoot (my local range doesn't allow 22LR in the action pits). Since I use S&W 59 magazines in the pistol I compete with, the mag compatibility looked really attractive, but as a whole package it just had too many flaws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top