Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 12:06:13 PM EDT
Gents,

I have purchased 2 used LCI (?) water cans locally.  They now have 17 more in stock.  I like the ones I have even if they are used and do leak as mentioned previously on this forum.  Is $10 bucks each a decent price?  I am thinking of offering less for all of them.

Regards,

t
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I'd call that a fair price for used.  Not a deal so good that you raid the bank account and buy all of the stock, but an ok deal

Other posters have said that you can get them to seal by dipping the cap and mouth into boiling water, then tightening the cap, and allowing the can to cool with the cap tight.  After that the can should seal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
LCI cans are $18.99 and in new condition. Compare that to the condition in which their cans are in. 50% of new would be about $9 per can.

If you can use all of them then a bundled price can work in your favor. Offer $130 for all 17 and go up from there.

ETA: Be sure and check the inside for any chemical/petroleum odors. This is a must since you don't know or have a guaranty on how they were used.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
LCI price for new is not extreme, given the downsides of used.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Frankly, I think the price on new LCI cans is one of the bargain preps out there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Frankly, I think the price on new LCI cans is one of the bargain preps out there.

Agreed!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!

Get em while they're hot...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!

The MWC's are a bargain compared to the MFC's and are a lot easier to purchase.

I remember getting the MWC's delivered to my door for $15 a piece.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top