Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2010 9:35:06 AM EDT
The wife and I planted a 50x30' fall garden a few weeks ago.  The tall plants in the foreground are my okra that are still producing from this past summer. They're over six feet tall.  I only planted one okra seed pod in the spring and got over three gallons in return.  Next spring, I'll plant five pods.  I love okra.  

The tomatoes in the back and left are spring tomatoes that I've kept alive all summer long.  I had to water them every day to keep them alive.  And it was a long, hot summer.  But they're starting to make and they should be stout.

The wife planted onions, garlic, peas, turnips, shard, celery, carrots and a few other things I can't remember.

Here's the okra harvest from the last three days.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm toying with the idea of giving it a try. Being in Nebraska I'm going to fare far worse than you however.

I would already have done it but I tore a tire on my tractor and need to get it changed. No tractor, no rototiller. No effin way I'm hoeing out a plot. I might if the world ended but fact is the wheels are still turnin so I aint gonna make it any harder than I have to.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Have Celebrity toms and sweet 100 cherry toms. Some Romas started from seed about ready to transplant.

Last week transplanted 9 cabbage and 17 broccoli into a couple raised beds. Started nine more of each from seed Sunday.

Have 5 bell peppers in a bed. 4 cucumbers in a bed. Beets just sprouted last week. Planted carrots yesterday. Bush beans in a bed about 10 inches tall.

We usually don't have winters in sw fla, just a little cool down to get us ready for the next summer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
almost to late for matters here but I have broccoli, collards, cabbage, cukes and onions. Will plant the garlic this Sat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am still picking some butter beans and Okra from this summer. I did a late summer planting if the butter beans, peas, and summer squash. Squash gave up the ghost this weekend.  Peas have been gone a while.

Cauliflower, broccoli, savoy and reg cabbage and brussel sprouts are all in the ground since late aug/sept., broccoli is just starting to head up.

I planted a lot of chineese cabbage , it has suffered terribly under the abuse of the local feral peacocks. MIL won't let me kill them since they stopped shitting on her porch I haven't gooten a meal out of all most 20 "choys" in the ground. They killed or severly stunted about 20% of my cole crops as well. Luckily, I over planted heavily.

Today I chased 3 peacocks around the yard in my car, honking the horn like a mad man. I could have finished 2 of them today............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top