Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 3:49:39 PM EDT
I had my first time tonight, not sure I did right .

The o2 absorbers are a plastic material, how does it absorb O2 thru the plastic?

I had read the geat warm out in the air, but the didn't even seem a little warm after a couple laying on the table for 30 minutes.

*** I checked some of my Mylar bags and they look like vacuum packed coffee bags.  I sealed them about 80% pressed out all the air I could and dropped the o2 absorbers in and finished the seal. So it looks like they are working.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you had them in the open air and they were not even a little warm after 30 minutes they are probably not any good.  I have received bad ones in the past.  Another way to check is to squeeze them in your hand.  If the inside is lose granules then should be ok. If the inside feels like one solid mass fused together then probably no good.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
See OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top