Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 2:59:12 PM EDT
If you have seen it yet, I was pretty amuzed however this maybe a dose of reality in the future. A big virus basicly hits the globe in which 10's of millions of people die. Gangs taking over the streets, no police/ 911 services. Money is worthless, and you have to fight, and maybe even kill to keep your family alive. Its how TSHTF may look like. No power, no gas, no food or water. What would you do with no cell phone, no ar15.com exc...? At what point to you leave your house?  Talk about survival. For those of you that have Com Cast on demand look under the History Channel you can find it there. For those of you that don't it is on youtube. I recommend everyone to watch and take things into propsective. In the end we as a society basicly live again like it is the 1800's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r97xoSOEjM

Edit: I'm trying to get this to pop up in a youtube like form

After Armagddon ––- Click here!

Note that there are nine parts to this. You can see all 9 on youtube.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of us who could stomach the whole thing have watched it, many of the rest have browsed it.  At least, if it's the one I'm thinking it is based on your description.  

The general consensus, I believe, is that it's a textbook manual on what not to do in such situations, and that the husband was an ass.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The old lady wouldn't of lasted w/ me
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Most of us who could stomach the whole thing have watched it, many of the rest have browsed it.  At least, if it's the one I'm thinking it is based on your description.  

The general consensus, I believe, is that it's a textbook manual on what not to do in such situations, and that the husband was an ass.

That about covers it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The old lady wouldn't of lasted w/ me

+1 on that! I would have booted her out when the looters were coming by. But then again they may have tossed her back at me .

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you have seen it yet, I was pretty amuzed however this maybe a dose of reality in the future. A big virus basicly hits the globe in which 10's of millions of people die. Gangs taking over the streets, no police/ 911 services. Money is worthless, and you have to fight, and maybe even kill to keep your family alive. Its how TSHTF may look like. No power, no gas, no food or water. What would you do with no cell phone, no ar15.com exc...? At what point to you leave your house?  Talk about survival. For those of you that have Com Cast on demand look under the History Channel you can find it there. For those of you that don't it is on youtube. I recommend everyone to watch and take things into propsective. In the end we as a society basicly live again like it is the 1800's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r97xoSOEjM

Edit: I'm trying to get this to pop up in a youtube like f

After Armagddon ––- Click here!

Note that there are nine parts to this. You can see all 9 on youtube.

THE point to that story was have guns & ammo , could have been a whole different show
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I just watch it not to bad.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i saw it on cable before.

not great, but not bad either as far as a movie/story goes... but definitely a textbook example of what NOT to do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Definitely "What Not to Do"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I liked it. Its a good show for the sheep.

Agree.
It shows sheep what could happen if you just sit and wait and are not prepared (mentally and prep-wise).

Another thing i think it did show,  unlike The Colony of failure,  is that GUNS MATTER!

The bad guys had guns,  the people holed up in their house did NOT.
If i remember correctly, even the sheeple-father finally grabbed the revolver off the dead guy in the car.
The secure town, where they landed,  was secure, in large part  due to the fact they had firearms.

I recalled thinking to myself that I was surprised a mainstream produced TV show actually dealt with the Gun issue,
 to some extent.

If sheeple didn't take away from this show that Water, Fuel and Firearms are important,  they weren't paying attention.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#11]
This crap is why I won't watch the History Channel.  It has been years since they broadcast any HISTORY.

All they put out are panic pimp series, featuring conjecture, bad science, fear for the future and video graphics.

The channel is anti West, Anti American, anti Human  being.

Phuck 'em.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#12]
there are a few shows like this that could have been so good....if only liberal sheep were not producing them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:16:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked it. Its a good show for the sheep.

Agree.
It shows sheep what could happen if you just sit and wait and are not prepared (mentally and prep-wise).

Another thing i think it did show,  unlike The Colony of failure,  is that GUNS MATTER!

The bad guys had guns,  the people holed up in their house did NOT.
If i remember correctly, even the sheeple-father finally grabbed the revolver off the dead guy in the car. And then they dropped it and did not pick it up while running from the warehouse.
The secure town, where they landed,  was secure, in large part  due to the fact they had firearms. And the family left for what looked like the fact that they did not like that guns were used to deal with people stealing from them.
I recalled thinking to myself that I was surprised a mainstream produced TV show actually dealt with the Gun issue,
 to some extent.

If sheeple didn't take away from this show that Water, Fuel and Firearms are important,  they weren't paying attention.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:23:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I like that part at the end you will need things to trade for survival. IE: things for barter.

Another thing that I found a little off was the dead guy had a 6 shot revolver and refered to him as a Cowboy. If he found me like that he would have called me a nuclear scientist!  With all the toys I own. Also it did bring light that what friends have what suvival skills. People are sheep, it brings some things to light.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, there were many things wrong with the show but take it for what it could also be.  Show it to your non-prepper friends or those just getting INTO prepping and point out the things they did wrong or could do better with a little instruction/planning.  I have shown that show to a several couples and one couple refuse to talk to me anymore because I showed by example what that family did wrong - because they thought the family did everything right from day one.

The other two couples - now have matching firearms, at least six months of food supplies, bugout bags and growing gardens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top