Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2010 7:15:31 PM EDT
Never would have expected it from him - good info though - by the way - what's the story on this Silver Bear Cafe site?

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/08.10/robbins.html

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Thank you for sharing that. I'll pass it along.

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, just started watching it. Any idea on when it was filmed?
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Interesting, just started watching it. Any idea on when it was filmed?

Fairly recent, but Robbins has been talking about an impending crash since at least 2002.

ETA - Mid July 2010 based on the Bernanke quotes.

Link Posted: 8/23/2010 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]
funny that a motivational speaker is talking like this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#5]
hmmm interesting indeed.  Just another reason to keep on the path I'm on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
funny that a motivational speaker is talking like this.

Or scary.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
He has a lot of connections in a business and government.  I am paying attention.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Odd.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
The consumer sentiment drop he referenced as a few weeks ago was in July 2010 –– so I would say this is fresh intel. The site folder indicates 8.10 as well.

Other people feel the same way –– Spirko from Survival Podcast has been talking about the false recovery for a while.

I agree on Robbins. Love him or hate him, he is connected to the "insiders".
ETA: referencing his 30 year mortgage rate that also was in July with lower in beginning of August... and the "last week" Bernanke quotes were on 7/21.

Not that many of us in this forum didn't already think this was the case.  I just take it as a wake up call and reinvigoration of the necessity to prepare.  NOW.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
edited b/c i'm paying attention now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#13]
We've been in a 'depression' for at least ten years but most folks are too 'detached' to have a clue.

See my thread 'Are we in a depression now?' or something like that from ~2 years ago. It was interesting to read the silly comments from the clueless back then. 10 or 20 pages...

Had it not been for .gov financial and disinformation programs to hide our Depression II, we'd be a very bad shape about now.

Fortunately, the days of reckoning have been pushed forward, but the push is unsustainable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy is wired into some really influencial and knowledgable people.

He's not selling anything- that's a hint.

His numbers on unemloyment for people making under $38k is scary.....

robbins knows that people watch what he does financial, much the same way buffet is watched.  so if he is selling, i'd bet he's doing so quietly.  i'd also bet that he's looking for parts of the market to invest in.  there's money to be made, even if it's shorting the market.

LOL, what Tim meant was that Robbins is not pitching or promoting his usual self-help/self-improvement seminars or get-rich-quick real estate schemes. Not that he is holding on to investments.

Me, I'm waiting for the ShamWow guy to weigh in with economic expertise. Too bad Billy Mays is no longer with us. He probably could have offered some profound insight on the future of our economy. And told us how to get those deep stains out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#15]
tag for home
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, what Tim meant was that Robbins is not pitching or promoting his usual self-help/self-improvement seminars or get-rich-quick real estate schemes. Not that he is holding on to investments.

Me, I'm waiting for the ShamWow guy to weigh in with economic expertise. Too bad Billy Mays is no longer with us. He probably could have offered some profound insight on the future of our economy. And told us how to get those deep stains out.

doh, read that wrong.  that's what i get for answering a post while i'm on the phone.  at least i wasn't entirely off in my reply.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#18]
It was posted on Tony Robbins business blog website on 06 August
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Too bad he couldn't predict the cancellation of his show after two episodes.

This youtube video of his is getting far wider reach than promotions for his show ever did.  lol
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I am not buying what robbins soon will be selling.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#22]
"selling" or not - he does a good job of getting his message across - thanks for the link, certainly worth my time to watch the videos
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Saving it for later
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I am not buying what robbins soon will be selling.

That was my first thought exactly. I always assume anyone like Robbins to be a snake oil salesman and I was curious if he was selling "it" already so I looked.

The first instance of Robbins discussing anything to do with a crash was his 2002 interview of author Robert R. Prechter Jr  about the book Conquer the Crash: You Can Survive and Prosper in a Deflationary Depression. At one time Robbins sold an audio of the interview, but it seems to be out of "print" now.

I would think if Robbins was planning on a fear mongering approach to capitalize on the downturn he would have done it by now. I have no doubt Robbins would market some products to capitalize on a crash, that's just being a good capitalist. But I can't find any reason to doubt the sincerity of the information in the youtube videos.

But like you say I won't be buying anything he sells anytime soon.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Whenever I see him, all I can think of is him eating Peter Griffin.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Whenever I see him, all I can think of is him eating Peter Griffin.
Please don't explain, I do *NOT* want to know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top