Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2010 3:50:32 PM EDT
We've had many discussions on logistics and resource management......weighed all the pros and cons on paper.....ran all the proposed routes to find most low profile vs quickest.

The group is meeting this Sunday to take vote on to make the move or stay put at current location.

I find that I'm a feeling a mix between anxiety, excitement, and nausea....all at the same time.

Haven't been this nervous for quite some time.....I just want to know one way or the other....wish me luck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What size are these groups you guys talk about?
I don't know any groups and don't have a plan for BO.
What do I want to look for as far as neighbors in these areas?

I drive around 15-18 counties in a month, and see every type of area. Most of the time I see rural places though (thankfully). I see places that are trailer-hell that I wouldn't consider as safe, even though they look like they could sustain people with water and tillable land. I'm not averse to trailers. But if that's all that's there and the property looks like crap....I expect someone that might not have a problem picking a person off for his stuff if it all comes down.
I see other rural areas that would sustain me  just the same but all the homes are nicer within 5-10 miles surrounding. I have almost no acquaintances in any of these areas. But these look like a better prospect. I wouldn't consider a nice "target" of nice places in the middle of a hell-hole.

Link Posted: 7/13/2010 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
12 adults...3 young ones
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
What factors are driving you to move locations?

Be thankful you have close friends that are financially able to pull a group effort.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
this is the first post....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=636812

security is SOOOOOO much better....along with with many other factors.

I am quite thankful that we can pull resources as a group....and even more....trust the folks we are pulling with.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We've had many discussions on logistics and resource management......weighed all the pros and cons on paper.....ran all the proposed routes to find most low profile vs quickest.

The group is meeting this Sunday to take vote on to make the move or stay put at current location.

I find that I'm a feeling a mix between anxiety, excitement, and nausea....all at the same time.

Haven't been this nervous for quite some time.....I just want to know one way or the other....wish me luck.

Did you already have to bug out somewhere?
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you already have to bug out somewhere?

No.....just relocating the primary BOL....if vote goes "yea".....going to find out tomarrow....I'll post when I get home.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Did I miss in the other thread how you know this other guy?

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
We're chainging BOL......wow.....I guess it's a good time to update the inventory list....we'll be laying hands on all of it.........holy crap.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did I miss in the other thread how you know this other guy?

We have been friends for years now....we have been drawing off each others ideas and resources for a couple years.

He made the offer after seeing our primary BOL....and loosing some of his group due to a move for work.

We did a feild trip and had some heart to hearts....lot of debates and discussion......after a lot of thought.....the move is on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#11]
K, thanks.

And I hope things work out better this way for you guys....in a non-SHTF kind of way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top