Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:22:32 AM EDT
Its an Argentine facon…
Two artisans and a blacksmith were involved in the making of this knife. One did the silver parts (lost wax for the horse legs) another did the sheath, and Diego Luque did the blade. The handle is attached with tar, the narrow tnag goes through it so if the blade breaks, it can be heated, the button cut and the blade replaced. Just like they did it in the old days.
The piece was done for some rich guy in the province of Salta (owns his own private plane kind of rich) the guy lost it to gambling and it was sold back to the man who did the horse legs for a small fraction of the original price.
I followed the making of this knife in a local knife internet forum, never thought I’d own it. Then one day I saw that this man was offering it on a website and made an offer which he accepted.
Someone in that forum described this knife by saying “If God became steel, sliver and leather, it would look just like that knife” :-)
These are the original pics in the forum, I'll post some of my own later.

The balance is just perfect. The blade was made using an old Collins (made in USA) machete. Everything else is silver (900) and black leather.

Hopefully I'll use it in a Dogo and knife hunting trip.
The price of the silver alone in this thing is worth more than what I paid for it!

So, how do you guys like it?

FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a beautiful knife FerFal. South America has some really exceptional knife makers.

The silverwork is AWESOME.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that looks really good. New HD weapon?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That's not a knife, that's a short sword.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
truly beautiful piece, ,thanks for sharing..
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Some close-up / detailed pics would be great.

Nice find!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn man. Nice as hell. Amazing craftsmanship. Im going to send the pics to a jeweler/ knife fiend friend of mine. He'd love it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some close-up / detailed pics would be great.

Nice find!

You are asking me to keep bragging about the coolest knife on Earth that I happen to own ? SURE!

Collins No. 30 Made in USA

FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]
lots of bling.  Looks like something a Miami pimp would be sporting.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats not a knife... oh wait, yes it is.   In fact that is a damn fine knife sir!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
What a description, only then to turn and make the knife your bitch by stabbing it into a log...

funny stuff...., nice Knife!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice blade!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool knife!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice piece
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of craftsmanship in there.  Something about beautiful, deadly objects just fascinate us.

Ops
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a man thang.

I wanna see it mounted on LBE or sent to the fucking blade forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top