Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 1:34:19 PM EDT

I've got the stove cranking,a pot full of brats and sauerkraut simmering, and some bread in the oven. Being able to just relax and enjoy the fire with some Christmas music on while I wrap is what I prep for. Let the sheeple run around out in the snow and fight over the last loaves of bread on the shelves.

And they call us crazy...
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice. I am waiting on snow in the opposite way. In chicago nonetheless!

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/spyder3634/DSCF0432.jpg
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've got the stove cranking,a pot full of brats and sauerkraut simmering, and some bread in the oven. Being able to just relax and enjoy the fire with some Christmas music on while I wrap is what I prep for. Let the sheeple run around out in the snow and fight over the last loaves of bread on the shelves.

And they call us crazy...

Ooh man I envy you
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Massive blizzard rocks the coastal areas of the mid atlantic states. Set to start at 10am here in lower CT!

Plow on the truck fueled and ready to rock
Snow blower fueled and ready
shovels set at each door
enough fuel to run the gen set 24/7 if the 30+ mph gusts cause an outage
pot of chicken and dumplings on the stove
extra beer , smokes and such on the counter........... seen 4 snow flakes in the last 8 hours
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They were calling for us to get hit pretty good for these parts. The upper end of the county got some, and several are without power, but we didnt see anything but cold rain here.
I really want to see about a foot on the ground this winter, and for it to stick around a little bit anyway.

Funny two big storms about a week apart, they must have "harp" turned way up and cooking.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
We got a little here in Joisey.
Not enough to cause too much trouble for anybody with common sense but enough to play in.  
I took the BOV out to my personal proving grounds for a snow test run with the new tires.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Massive blizzard rocks the coastal areas of the mid atlantic states. Set to start at 10am here in lower CT!

Plow on the truck fueled and ready to rock
Snow blower fueled and ready
shovels set at each door
enough fuel to run the gen set 24/7 if the 30+ mph gusts cause an outage
pot of chicken and dumplings on the stove
extra beer , smokes and such on the counter........... seen 4 snow flakes in the last 8 hours

I'm on Long Island and it only started getting bad here within the past hour so don't worry you're next :)
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1F4cQeydnY  Link left cold for the 56k guys.

earlier this afternoon.  Looks like we'll get about 12 inches or so.  8 inches or so, so far..

We chained up the plow truck, found and repaired an oil leak, fueled up, and have been playing in the snow since 9 this morning.  Three trips so far, takes about an hour to fully clear the lane.  We have a little over a mile of lane..

Ops

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Here is a shot of my Jeep playing in the snow 2 weeks ago when I was Upstate hunting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in central Virginia and just measured 18'' (was 19'' in the same spot earlier, so the snow must be settling) and it is still coming down.  

That's enough snow for me for one year...
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Here in Northern VA we got 2 feet of the white stuff, it's still coming down.

I went out to knock the first round off of the steps and my truck.

Shoveling tomorrow's gonna suck.

And I heard the long range forecast was for more on Christmas Eve.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
right on the beach here in queens we are getting quite a bit...
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here in Northern VA we got 2 feet of the white stuff, it's still coming down.

I went out to knock the first round off of the steps and my truck.

Shoveling tomorrow's gonna suck.

And I heard the long range forecast was for more on Christmas Eve.

Yup, we got buried up here.  I did the same and tried to make a dent in the snow around 10 am today.  The stuff kept on coming.  Ureal.  Tomorrow shall suck, bad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Round 2 may roll in the right around Christmas. Early reports is it will come across the northern part of the country and get refueled by the great lakes and a big moisture flow out of the gulf of mexico. Keep the winter warfare tools handy
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Just starting now, South coast of Mass.  With Ocean effect, we expect 16 inches.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like some people are going to get "white Christmas" this year.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got back home a few minutes ago.

I had gone back to work to give 2 coworkers a ride home because there is no way his Honda or her VW golf would have even made it out of the parking lot.

We got what I am guessing was 12 inches between 4 and 9. (after my pic above)

I helped push 5 cars out of the mall parking lot and 4 stuck cars on the way home (including one of those pontiac suv's and a navigator).  I even picked up a kid who's taxi just dropped him off on the side of the road 2 miles from home because the driver didnt think he'd make it down the road.  I saw 2 dump truck sized plow vehicles stuck good and the police are using public works trucks.

The jeep blasted through all of it, even a few 3' deep sections where plow trucks had pushed up piles at intersections.

I was amazed how poorly prepared the town and county govt's were for this.

My lift and tires were worth every penny.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I have about 22 inches - but it is no big deal.  I was thinking of making it a winter camping experience - but it is dry powder and I wanted to make a snow shelter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Gosh Wolfcri, I wish there were more people like you. Our world would be such a better place. The best that I can do for you, is just give you an "atta boy." Our world is a very precarious balance of things, is one falls out of balance things can get a bit "campy."
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gosh Wolfcri, I wish there were more people like you. Our world would be such a better place. The best that I can do for you, is just give you an "atta boy." Our world is a very precarious balance of things, is one falls out of balance things can get a bit "campy."

I am sure any of you guys would have done the same.  Whats campy mean?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure any of you guys would have done the same.  Whats campy mean?
sorry should be "interesting."
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
We only got about 6 inches of snow along the NH seacoast, so this storm was a non-event for us. Nevertheless, it was a great excuse to stay indoors. My wife and I wrapped Christmas presents in front of the fire, and drank way too much hot chocolate fortified with Bailey's Irish Creme. After my daughter went to bed my wife and I curled up under a blanket in front of the fire and watched a movie.

Aside from cleaning off the cars and BBQing some marinated steak tips I didn't venture out today. I didn't have to. We had plenty of food and plenty of fuel in case the lights went out.

All in all it was a great day to be alive

Good food, good drink, and good company next to a warm fire. What more could a man ask for on a snowy Sunday afternoon?

It was perfect.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I drove down to the NH seacoast Sunday morning....  looked like they just caught the northern fringe of the storm...  another day as usual around here.  Didnt see any accidents or anyone slid off the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top