Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 9:59:39 AM EDT
I just recently read an article in my local newspaper which referenced a Consumer Reports study discussing the presence of Bisphenol A in canned goods.  Bisphenol A has been linked to many health disorders including various types of cancer.  Since canned goods commonly make up a significant part of the prepping community's food supply and since those food preps are often rotated in and out and are consumed in greater quantities by our community. Are you concerned about having health effects due to the presence of Bisphenol A for you and your family?

Here is a link to a brief write up by Consumer Reports, I believe they will have an article on this subject in one of their coming issues.
link

Another link to the newspaper article.
link
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nope, not worried. I'm more concerned with getting shitty food from China. <shrug>

Good point.  Grocery stores in my area have recently started carrying a dirt cheap generic brand, that I have been unsuccessful in verifying the origin of and so I won't be buying it.  I suspect it is from china.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Just another example of industry pushing their "technology" through the health department.

Genetically modified foods, hydrofluorosilicic acid, and other chemicals in our water, leeching chemicals in our plastics, an on and on and on.

Odds are we will exterminate ourselves from the inside out after centuries of this garbage and there won't be much left of the original human genes.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
pretty much only an issue for kids; specifically young male kids as they can be affected by the BPA as it acts like estrogen I believe.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nope, not worried. I'm more concerned with getting shitty food from China. <shrug>

Yup, I'm more worried about melamine in my food.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top