Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:27:59 PM EDT
I came into a supply of 1/4 lb dessicant packs. Color indicator, rechargeable, but not in a usuable "pack". They are loose blue crystals in a package. Any idea of there value? I've got more than I need and a friend wants to make a deal. Your help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
not much , I got a whole box of small packs for free off another board.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
make a deal ??? wtf ? just give them to him.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
New from a retailer you can expect to pay up to $10/lb for indicating silica gel, depending on what exactly you get. Honestly, I would give them to your friend for what you have in them. Unless he isn't really your friend.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
New from a retailer you can expect to pay up to $10/lb for indicating silica gel, depending on what exactly you get. Honestly, I would give them to your friend for what you have in them. Unless he isn't really your friend.

This.
Seriously, I really think people throw around the friend word when they just mean someone they know.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This....It builds good will with a friend. I have friends I just plain give stuff to. One just gave me a Coleman Generator with a bad Briggs motor on it another gave me a 32S&W revolver with a broken mainspring. We don't keep track we just give stuff we find free and don't need away to each other.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the useful contributios to this thread.

I don't know where some of this is coming from,I had forgotten there was a full moon.

Quoted:

WTF????  It is called capitalism, for those that might have forgotten, that is the freedom to exchange goods and services for profit or other considerations. It is a consensual relationship and involves the active participation of both parties to reach a mutually agreeable resolution with as little intervention from goverments and other parties as possible. That is why I said It was a "deal", I have something he wants, he has something I want, the dessicants are only a small part of the total package. Anyone I have done business with on this board has walked away happy.

If its any consolation, I was already planning on giving away the excess, after the dealing is done.

The only thing that could possibly make this thread better would be if a swarm of freaking grammar nazi descended on this thread and corrected all my sins against the english language.

Why do I bother?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
thanks for the useful contributios to this thread.

I don't know where some of this is coming from,I had forgotten there was a full moon.

WTF????  It is called capitalism, for those that might have forgotten, that is the freedom to exchange goods and services for profit or other considerations. It is a consensual relationship and involves the active participation of both parties to reach a mutually agreeable resolution with as little intervention from goverments and other parties as possible. That is why I said It was a "deal", I have something he wants, he has something I want, the dessicants are only a small part of the total package. Anyone I have done business with on this board has walked away happy.

If its any consolation, I was already planning on giving away the excess, after the dealing is done.

The only thing that could possibly make this thread better would be if a swarm of freaking grammar nazi descended on this thread and corrected all my sins against the english language.

Why do I bother?

lighten up, francis.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not trying to be ugly but, you don't know me, I am actually very laid back, Actually, dang near comotose. I try to stay out of threads that don't involve me or I don't have some partial knowledge to contribute. I am not a post whoring, attention craving, egomaniacal, leg humping, masturbating monkey. Feel free to read everything I've ever written on this forum and then you might be better able to comment on my nature

The previous wtf was in response to same from BSOG1, and should have included his quote for clarity. I will edit it to reflect that.

It all started simply enough, with a basic question about the value of something and it transmogrifies to becomes an ad-hoc criticism and commentary on the nature of friendship in a capitalist society. Its part of a deal that potentially includes hundreds of dollars worth of goods and the nature of which no one else here is privy to, yet all feel to analyze and comment on.

It must be my time of the month or something, I quit! I’m going to give away all my worldly goods and go sit down naked on a mountain top somewhere and live by harnessing the power of sunshine, ponies, and rainbows.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]
hillbilly..

you asked US for a value. so i value them in the give it away group. sorry if i said WTF ?

but to me, being a capitalist or whatever, i would either give it to someone....or throw the stuff in the garbage.
that's just me buddy.

but if you need a value.....ill give you 5.00 for it all.
you asked us....we didn't ask you.

B1
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Cat fight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top