Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 3:58:02 PM EDT
Don't forget to stock up at your local after Halloween close-outs. My local Walgreens has plenty for 75% off, I'm sure there are lots of other places with even better deals too. Probably old news for most of you guys, but it never hurts to share.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Problem I have found with most of them from big box stores is they are made in China. I have found the China made ones don't have a good shelf life. This is just my experience some may have had better luck.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to post this also, Walmart has them at a big discount and the shelves are full!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Will putting them in the freezer improve their shelf life? Or was that something else I'm thinking of.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:19:45 AM EDT
[#4]
A note on shelf life

I bought several case of a very good brand, calalume? in 1997- today, they will brighten just enough to read a map if you hold it close, but work!

So, I just use 4 at a time and put a very large ranger band around that stack and that will light up a whole room

They may loose power over time, but cumulative power works just fine

Sinjin
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Problem I have found with most of them from big box stores is they are made in China. I have found the China made ones don't have a good shelf life. This is just my experience some may have had better luck.  

Cyalumes are the only way to go!  The others are just party favors or buy them for a weekend camping trip.  Dont bother trying to store them.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
..the current offerings at our local WalMart are OmniGlow...mexico...I have had good luck with them....

ETA...at $.25 each
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
my 2 cents:
the omni glow ones that I have from 4 years ago still work fine.  I broke one out to check and let the boy play with it last night.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats a good idea! While we have a genny for the house, I dont fire it up right away, I tend to wait an hour or 2 before I fire it up. Gonna have to stop on the way home
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Gee, if I didn't just buy 2,000 of them for work in September I would go buy some at Walmart.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gee, if I didn't just buy 2,000 of them for work in September I would go buy some at Walmart.

Do you trick or treat professionally? Are you hiring?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the reminder.
I just picked up about 8 dozen in various colors, for myself and to share with another member here.
MIKE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top