[#1]
Have it DVR'd.................now I'm going to go watch it....thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Glenn Beck 10.28

You should be after watching this.

Thanks for this post -

Iceland crashed, and the USA will do a very similar scenario .... Someday soon, America will wake up, and realize how bad it's going to be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks for the heads up. Sending it out to several folks now.

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in a major rush trying to get what I need while I can. If i'm wrong and nothing happens...great. But if it does, I still have some things i'm lacking that are fairly important.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Warning: Clicking the above link will resize your browser (at least it did with me).
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
When Beck tones his sarcasm down and focuses, he really has an amazing ability to make sense of all of the chaos.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in a major rush trying to get what I need while I can. If i'm wrong and nothing happens...great. But if it does, I still have some things i'm lacking that are fairly important.

Bingo !! Im doin the same.......but as I can afford them....no credit
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When Beck tones his sarcasm down and focuses, he really has an amazing ability to make sense of all of the chaos.

I totally agree with you, I really like Beck and the way he sees things, but for the sake of our country I wish that he would tone down the sarcasm to get the attention of the people who think hes a nut job...... which if you cant see that Beck's got it right then you yourself may be a nut job

I almost hate to listen/watch him because his findings disgust me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is going to be a L O N G, L O N G -  T E R M   -   SHTF.... by the time this is full tilt, I guessing that everything is going to be 5 times the current price, and we'll be lucky to see the end of it.
As you prepare to prep, think investment for yourself such as FOOD.
Garden, chickens, rabbits, quail... etc.

THIS is gonna be sad...
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait..... This is new?

Im in my twenties and have thought this since I was a kid!
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Isnt math wonderful, no escaping it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
For fuck's sake, people.  The Financial Times ran the story about the Icelandic economy going tits up back on Christmas Eve 2008!!!  So Beck just figured it out; can you all R-E-A-D for yourselves occasionally?!?!?!

Iceland is way hurting, no doubt.  We're hurting now and it could get worse, no doubt.  But Glenn Beck and his magic underwear are 11 months late to this news item.  Babies take less time to gestate!  So pardon me if I don't make a midnight run to Wal-Mart to clean them out of canned goods.

OF COURSE, everyone should be prepared for SHTF.  Some are better prepped than others.  We could all do more to prep.  But panic is NOT prep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#13]
(ok - I just finished this post and while its wordy, I highly recommend you read it all. Not twice, but three or four times for it to sink in)

On problem that Beck missed - all that cash the banks have will never get into the system. Sure, some of it will, but the Fed doesn't want it ALL into the system 'cause its just too much to accomplish their goal (as Beck explains it). So, how to keep all that cash from going into the system - easy. The government is calling the shots with the banks. They forced the banks to take the money, and in turn, now control/dictate what the banks do, down to the compensation of their executives and even lower. Beck missed the obvious - that the Gov essentially OWNS the banks, thus they control how the cash is distributed into the system. The bankers aren't stupid - they see what's coming, and they're none to happy about it. You should see the amount of money moving off shore - its legal since its POST tax - these guys don't care. Getting post tax money away from the dollar is good enough. They're not worried about paying taxes, they just want to have wealth that's not in dollars.

They want enough cash to get into the system to blast the dollar to smithereeens, but not too much that will create too much chaos for them to effectively control the desired outcome of.

Also - they know the bulk of the military won't go along with it, thus they are building their civilian police force, that in Obama's own words, "needs to be as big, as well funded and as well trained as our current military forces." Combine that with the Chinese who, while getting paid with devalued dollars, still will have a BIG interest in our economy and getting their return on investment.

If we don't import oil and keep those dollars here in the US - the plan can't work. That's also why we've not built a refinery in the past 30'some years and we can't (legally) drill for oil here either.

The next phase is to strap down the economy with fake environmental taxes, which not only take more money from our system, but also control any sort of manufacturing growth by controlling energy consumption.

All of these separate issues are related in one underling "lowest common denominator" - to suppress our economy, and move us into a position for sweeping "reform" and place 99% of the population under the control of the expanding executive branch of the government.

A few economists (and Beck points it out) that the actions by the gov / fed are almost lock step (no pun intended) with the financial collapse of Germany, Zimbabwe and Argentina. But wait - aren't the guys in charge experts in economics, etc. ??? How the heck could they be repeating history? Its simple - they are experts, and they KNOW exactly what their doing. After all, history has proven how effective it will work. I don't come to this conclusion lightly - I'm one of those guys that enjoys logically blasting conspiracy theorists out of the water with logic, facts and mathematics. However, while analyzing the actions of the Fed and others over the past few decades, the only logical conclusion is that this is being done not only willingly, but in a coordinated effort for a calculated end game.

All of this has been happening right under our noses while the masses worry about who's on Dancing With the Stars, etc.

One of their biggest problems this summer was the amazing contraction in the consumer credit market. What do I mean by this? Simple - we stopped spending money. Once they realized what was going on, they started talking about "green shoots" and how the economy was turning around. But we weren't buying it. They held back economic and unemployment data in August to see if they could get Healthcare passed, but in the end, the data came out, healthcare stalled and people tightened their spending even more. Now the only game they could play was the stock market. The rally of the late summer wasn't based on any real P/E numbers, it was a few bank computers trading stocks back and forth, giving the illusion of a rally. "Hey!", the news media proclaimed, "Look at the stock market! The economy is recovering!!" All while jobs were still being lost, manufacturing was contracting and the economy continued to slide. But they lies about the "recovery" kept coming. "Jobless recovery"??? Who the hell are they kidding?!?

The lying to the masses has gotten so silly and out of control that they don't really even bother trying to keep it somewhat realistic anymore. They know we're in the final end game - look how they're openly admitting they'll ram Healthcare down our throats with only a 51 vote count. We're talking about usurping 20% of the US economy - the single largest expansion of our government, EVER. They KNOW they don't have the REAL votes to do it, but they NEED that 20%. Its not about healthcare, its about control; power. Plain and simple.

Riddle me this - current health care providers cannot sell over state lines. This is a huge problem. With over 1400 providers in the US, citizens of states like California have access to SEVEN providers. And we wonder what happened to competition?? Its been REGULATED out of the system years ago by congress.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you let those providers sell over state lines that competition would enter back into the system and prices would come down, etc. So, that said, what is the one thing that the proposed federal health care system does that all other health insurance providers cannot do?

It sells over state lines.

Wait a minute here. Thats not all. Not only can it sell across state lines, but it is also federally funded. It has no desire for profitability, so it can undercut all other competitors all while loosing money and all while forcing the market to choose the cheapest option out there - the national insurance option. And for those of you hold-outs that REFUSE to make the jump to the national system, we're going to TAX you on the dollars of service provided that exceed the national health care system as income!! Oh, what's that? You'll just drop your program and not take the national system? Well, then they'll fine you. If we need healthcare to "save" the economy NOW, then why doesn't it go into effect for 3 years following its being signed into law? (but the TAXES and funding begin immediately)

The government and folks like Sorros have worked real hard to keep all these issues very separate. They don't want you to connect the dots. But they know as they near their end goal, its going to be almost impossible to see the connections and how its all tying together.

Make yourself a list via google :

Who has limited oil / gas / coal drilling in the country?

Who has limited refinery activities in the country? (and this also includes all those silly "grades" of gasoline MANDATED in the states - wouldn't it be easier and more effective if we just had a common formula for 87 grade gasoline? Think about the work needed to switch an refinery over from the winter formula to the summer formula. I'm in the midwest and this jacks our gas prices every spring and fall)

Who is driving health care reform?

Who is driving environmental controls and the rise of the Carbon Credit as a monetary unit?

Who has regulated banks into their current situation and forced them to take money even when they didn't need it?

Who has regulated the housing industry to sell real estate to people who can't afford it?

Who has subjegated millions of people with child credits, food stamps and other "social" welfare programs?

And one final question - our ruling class (which is the answer to all the questions above) - why are they special? Why are they "above" you and I? Why do the laws that govern our lives, not apply to them? (for example - they and the unions are exempt from the national health care rules. They also don't have social security withheld from their payroll - they get to invest their own money themselves. The rest of us pay into the largest ponzi scheme ever invented - Social Security).

Why is it that they lash out at CEO's who fly on corporate jets, paid for by a PROFITABLE company when they fly on private jets funded by taxpayers and a government that is TRILLIONS of dollars in debt and can NEVER stay within its budget?

My friends, my fellow countrymen. I don't think that many of us can truly comprehend the REAL game that is being played with our country. Beck aside - there are some tremendously big issues afoot. He's not even fully put it together, though he's REALLY close. He's been too mired in national issues to look at the bigger picture that exists on a global scale. The adversaries of our country are working on a much larger playing field than we've ever comprehended. Their goals are well above our concerns with health care, taxes and the stock market. The audacity of their aspirations are monumental, thus the ability to recognize the end goal has been easily clouded from view. We're all looking too low, not realizing the true extend of their aim.

Ask around the AR forums, other forums and your friends around you. Many know that something is afoot, but we couldn't put our finger on it.

Now you know.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For fuck's sake, people.  The Financial Times ran the story about the Icelandic economy going tits up back on Christmas Eve 2008!!!  So Beck just figured it out; can you all R-E-A-D for yourselves occasionally?!?!?!

Iceland is way hurting, no doubt.  We're hurting now and it could get worse, no doubt.  But Glenn Beck and his magic underwear are 11 months late to this news item.  Babies take less time to gestate!  So pardon me if I don't make a midnight run to Wal-Mart to clean them out of canned goods.

OF COURSE, everyone should be prepared for SHTF.  Some are better prepped than others.  We could all do more to prep.  But panic is NOT prep.

It won't matter how much shit you have... unless you own, and live at a Wally world warehouse ... you are gonna run out of canned crap.

It's always the people in denial ... then POOF !!... they " saw what was said " ... hahahahha
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Gee, if I apply your logic, then any reference to any historical event is stupid? Beck was using what happened in Iceland as an EXAMPLE, not a news item. In case you missed his other "news", the German (Weimar Republic) economy collapsed back in the 1920's. How crap! Beck just figured that out??

Dude, get real. It wasn't being reported as news.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
(ok - I just finished this post and while its wordy, I highly recommend you read it all. Not twice, but three or four times for it to sink in)

On problem that Beck missed - all that cash the banks have will never get into the system. Sure, some of it will, but the Fed doesn't want it ALL into the system 'cause its just too much to accomplish their goal (as Beck explains it). So, how to keep all that cash from going into the system - easy. The government is calling the shots with the banks. They forced the banks to take the money, and in turn, now control/dictate what the banks do, down to the compensation of their executives and even lower. Beck missed the obvious - that the Gov essentially OWNS the banks, thus they control how the cash is distributed into the system. The bankers aren't stupid - they see what's coming, and they're none to happy about it. You should see the amount of money moving off shore - its legal since its POST tax - these guys don't care. Getting post tax money away from the dollar is good enough. They're not worried about paying taxes, they just want to have wealth that's not in dollars.

They want enough cash to get into the system to blast the dollar to smithereeens, but not too much that will create too much chaos for them to effectively control the desired outcome of.

Also - they know the bulk of the military won't go along with it, thus they are building their civilian police force, that in Obama's own words, "needs to be as big, as well funded and as well trained as our current military forces." Combine that with the Chinese who, while getting paid with devalued dollars, still will have a BIG interest in our economy and getting their return on investment.

If we don't import oil and keep those dollars here in the US - the plan can't work. That's also why we've not built a refinery in the past 30'some years and we can't (legally) drill for oil here either.

The next phase is to strap down the economy with fake environmental taxes, which not only take more money from our system, but also control any sort of manufacturing growth by controlling energy consumption.

All of these separate issues are related in one underling "lowest common denominator" - to suppress our economy, and move us into a position for sweeping "reform" and place 99% of the population under the control of the expanding executive branch of the government.

A few economists (and Beck points it out) that the actions by the gov / fed are almost lock step (no pun intended) with the financial collapse of Germany, Zimbabwe and Argentina. But wait - aren't the guys in charge experts in economics, etc. ??? How the heck could they be repeating history? Its simple - they are experts, and they KNOW exactly what their doing. After all, history has proven how effective it will work. I don't come to this conclusion lightly - I'm one of those guys that enjoys logically blasting conspiracy theorists out of the water with logic, facts and mathematics. However, while analyzing the actions of the Fed and others over the past few decades, the only logical conclusion is that this is being done not only willingly, but in a coordinated effort for a calculated end game.

All of this has been happening right under our noses while the masses worry about who's on Dancing With the Stars, etc.

One of their biggest problems this summer was the amazing contraction in the consumer credit market. What do I mean by this? Simple - we stopped spending money. Once they realized what was going on, they started talking about "green shoots" and how the economy was turning around. But we weren't buying it. They held back economic and unemployment data in August to see if they could get Healthcare passed, but in the end, the data came out, healthcare stalled and people tightened their spending even more. Now the only game they could play was the stock market. The rally of the late summer wasn't based on any real P/E numbers, it was a few bank computers trading stocks back and forth, giving the illusion of a rally. "Hey!", the news media proclaimed, "Look at the stock market! The economy is recovering!!" All while jobs were still being lost, manufacturing was contracting and the economy continued to slide. But they lies about the "recovery" kept coming. "Jobless recovery"??? Who the hell are they kidding?!?

The lying to the masses has gotten so silly and out of control that they don't really even bother trying to keep it somewhat realistic anymore. They know we're in the final end game - look how they're openly admitting they'll ram Healthcare down our throats with only a 51 vote count. We're talking about usurping 20% of the US economy - the single largest expansion of our government, EVER. They KNOW they don't have the REAL votes to do it, but they NEED that 20%. Its not about healthcare, its about control; power. Plain and simple.

Riddle me this - current health care providers cannot sell over state lines. This is a huge problem. With over 1400 providers in the US, citizens of states like California have access to SEVEN providers. And we wonder what happened to competition?? Its been REGULATED out of the system years ago by congress.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you let those providers sell over state lines that competition would enter back into the system and prices would come down, etc. So, that said, what is the one thing that the proposed federal health care system does that all other health insurance providers cannot do?

It sells over state lines.

Wait a minute here. Thats not all. Not only can it sell across state lines, but it is also federally funded. It has no desire for profitability, so it can undercut all other competitors all while loosing money and all while forcing the market to choose the cheapest option out there - the national insurance option. And for those of you hold-outs that REFUSE to make the jump to the national system, we're going to TAX you on the dollars of service provided that exceed the national health care system as income!! Oh, what's that? You'll just drop your program and not take the national system? Well, then they'll fine you. If we need healthcare to "save" the economy NOW, then why doesn't it go into effect for 3 years following its being signed into law? (but the TAXES and funding begin immediately)

The government and folks like Sorros have worked real hard to keep all these issues very separate. They don't want you to connect the dots. But they know as they near their end goal, its going to be almost impossible to see the connections and how its all tying together.

Make yourself a list via google :

Who has limited oil / gas / coal drilling in the country?

Who has limited refinery activities in the country? (and this also includes all those silly "grades" of gasoline MANDATED in the states - wouldn't it be easier and more effective if we just had a common formula for 87 grade gasoline? Think about the work needed to switch an refinery over from the winter formula to the summer formula. I'm in the midwest and this jacks our gas prices every spring and fall)

Who is driving health care reform?

Who is driving environmental controls and the rise of the Carbon Credit as a monetary unit?

Who has regulated banks into their current situation and forced them to take money even when they didn't need it?

Who has regulated the housing industry to sell real estate to people who can't afford it?

Who has subjegated millions of people with child credits, food stamps and other "social" welfare programs?

And one final question - our ruling class (which is the answer to all the questions above) - why are they special? Why are they "above" you and I? Why do the laws that govern our lives, not apply to them? (for example - they and the unions are exempt from the national health care rules. They also don't have social security withheld from their payroll - they get to invest their own money themselves. The rest of us pay into the largest ponzi scheme ever invented - Social Security).

Why is it that they lash out at CEO's who fly on corporate jets, paid for by a PROFITABLE company when they fly on private jets funded by taxpayers and a government that is TRILLIONS of dollars in debt and can NEVER stay within its budget?

My friends, my fellow countrymen. I don't think that many of us can truly comprehend the REAL game that is being played with our country. Beck aside - there are some tremendously big issues afoot. He's not even fully put it together, though he's REALLY close. He's been too mired in national issues to look at the bigger picture that exists on a global scale. The adversaries of our country are working on a much larger playing field than we've ever comprehended. Their goals are well above our concerns with health care, taxes and the stock market. The audacity of their aspirations are monumental, thus the ability to recognize the end goal has been easily clouded from view. We're all looking too low, not realizing the true extend of their aim.

Ask around the AR forums, other forums and your friends around you. Many know that something is afoot, but we couldn't put our finger on it.

Now you know.

I've got to commend you for this well written, informative post...
I agree with everything except this:

" The lying to the masses has gotten so silly and out of control that they don't really even bother trying to keep it somewhat realistic anymore. They know we're in the final end game - look how they're openly admitting they'll ram Healthcare down our throats with only a 51 vote count. We're talking about usurping 20% of the US economy - the single largest expansion of our government, EVER. They KNOW they don't have the REAL votes to do it, but they NEED that 20%. Its not about healthcare, its about control; power. Plain and simple. "

I believe they " want the money " ... once the control is in place - NO ONE - will get what they pay for.
The money will be gone, the health care system will be shot to hell, and the doctors / nurses, and hospitals will be all but devastated .

Thanks again for the post...
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

guess is why he stresses knowing history?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#18]
aeropilot4fun

You are new here..

Glad to have you.................... welcome !  
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[

" The lying to the masses has gotten so silly and out of control that they don't really even bother trying to keep it somewhat realistic anymore. They know we're in the final end game - look how they're openly admitting they'll ram Healthcare down our throats with only a 51 vote count. We're talking about usurping 20% of the US economy - the single largest expansion of our government, EVER. They KNOW they don't have the REAL votes to do it, but they NEED that 20%. Its not about healthcare, its about control; power. Plain and simple. "

I believe they " want the money " ... once the control is in place - NO ONE - will get what they pay for.
The money will be gone, the health care system will be shot to hell, and the doctors / nurses, and hospitals will be all but devastated .

Glad you liked the post - it was a bit of a rant. There's more to write, but I had to pee so I just posted it "as is". LOL

I see your point on the "want the money", but its not entirely about the money. This bill expands the reach of the IRS and what will be required to identify you as a national health care participant versus a private health care participant? (look in your wallet - got a health care card in there?) Yup - a national ID card "acting" as a health insurance card. If your passport has an RFID chip in it with all your data on it with NO SECURITY, what kind of data will be on the health care card??? (and I sure as heck hope that all passport holders have taken proper OPSEC and nuked their passport "accidentally" in the microwave to blow the chip. One can read RFID's from 40 feet away with minimal gear. Imagine if that person was parked outside the international terminal at a major airport as you walked by with your passport in your bag...)

No, they have all the money they need - they need deeper control and audit capabilities that are afforded in the health care bill.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

Glad you liked the post - it was a bit of a rant. There's more to write, but I had to pee so I just posted it "as is". LOL

I see your point on the "want the money", but its not entirely about the money. This bill expands the reach of the IRS and what will be required to identify you as a national health care participant versus a private health care participant? (look in your wallet - got a health care card in there?) Yup - a national ID card "acting" as a health insurance card. If your passport has an RFID chip in it with all your data on it with NO SECURITY, what kind of data will be on the health care card??? (and I sure as heck hope that all passport holders have taken proper OPSEC and nuked their passport "accidentally" in the microwave to blow the chip. One can read RFID's from 40 feet away with minimal gear. Imagine if that person was parked outside the international terminal at a major airport as you walked by with your passport in your bag...)

No, they have all the money they need - they need deeper control and audit capabilities that are afforded in the health care bill.

Welcome Aero!

Like the p act on steroids
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

WTF are you spouting off about?  Do you think Beck just found out about Iceland yesterday?  He was using it as an example.  Do you ever occasionally  L-I-S-T-E-N ?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You lost me here, please elaborate.  Thx.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 3:16:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama has talked about plans of a Homeland/government military, Sounds like the SS to me.  Isnt this fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama has talked about plans of a Homeland/government military, Sounds like the SS to me.  Isnt this fun.

The chosen one needs a private army loyal to him.  Every tyrant in history has had his own secret police force.  

As the military is one of the last institutions in America that holds conservative values, Im sure the current administration will do anything to destabalize it.  Its just a matter of time before the officer corp is comprised of those loyal to the party.  I believe it has been in the works for decades.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Beck is left handed, all his thinking is defective
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, if I apply your logic, then any reference to any historical event is stupid? Beck was using what happened in Iceland as an EXAMPLE, not a news item. In case you missed his other "news", the German (Weimar Republic) economy collapsed back in the 1920's. How crap! Beck just figured that out??

Dude, get real. It wasn't being reported as news.

+1 Thank you
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#28]
just remember when things get tough and shtf, money is worthless all the rich politicians will have to ride it out too, there money will be worthless too.  Im sure they will do there best not to make such a big mess from this....
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Beck is left handed, all his thinking is defective

Got a problem with lefties?

Although I do have problems with Obama being left handed.....................................
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
just remember when things get tough and shtf, money is worthless all the rich politicians will have to ride it out too, there money will be worthless too.  Im sure they will do there best not to make such a big mess from this....

QUICK LOGIC : Since they're the ones driving us in said direction and know the destination, one can only assume that they have already made plans for that.

Simple version - they bail to the nuke shelters, Camp David, etc. with their families. They already lead a sheltered life, and when the ruling class can do just about anything they want, what do you think they'll do? They already drive in chauffeured cars, fly on private (albeit Air Force) jets, etc. Do you think they go to the grocery store like you and me?

The folks on this (and other) forums are preparing for the UNKNOWN. These people are preparing for the KNOWN. Kinda gives them the advantage, don't ya think? If I do things like buy gold and silver and move cash into foreign currencies to continue trade/purchasing options when SHTF, what the heck do you think THEY are doing? Do you think they have all they cash in banks? They don't have to worry about paying their mortgages, buying crap, etc. when SHTF because they're the ruling class. We all know they got sweetheart deals on their home loans, etc. (I guess being gay isn't so bad after all for representative Barney Frank since his boyfriend for 10 years was a top executive at Fannie Mae and was a crucial component of the housing run up and subsequent crash)

Anyway, I digress....

Trust me, they're ready for the coming chaos. After all, they're orchestrating it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Glenn Beck 10.28

I think it's worse than what beck says.

66% of US printed cash is actually held OUTSIDE the US and isn't in the US economy in circulation. It's in circulation or held by foreign banks and governmnets because it is used to purchase oil and held as the global reserve currency. If that global reserve currency status changes, like it looks like it will, Foreign banks and governments will no longer need the US cash reserves they have been holding and using and all that cash will make it's way back into the US economy. So you can take GB's number of 120% increase in US cash  and add another 200 to 300 percent the amount of cash that will be circulating in the US. So somewhere between 320% and 420% will be added, depending on how much US cash comes back to the US from foreign holdings when the US dollar is no longer the global reserve currency.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I believe WE all understand that.  

It's just interesting to finally see it in the MSM as a major news item.

Beck is finally giving it the attention it needed in the first place, rather than the warmed over reporting of a financial rag.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

For fuck's sake, people. The Financial Times ran the story about the Icelandic economy going tits up back on Christmas Eve 2008!!! So Beck just figured it out; can you all R-E-A-D for yourselves occasionally?!?!?!

Iceland is way hurting, no doubt. We're hurting now and it could get worse, no doubt. But Glenn Beck and his magic underwear are 11 months late to this news item. Babies take less time to gestate! So pardon me if I don't make a midnight run to Wal-Mart to clean them out of canned goods.

OF COURSE, everyone should be prepared for SHTF. Some are better prepped than others. We could all do more to prep. But panic is NOT prep.

Oh here we go.........

I CAN'T EVEN GET AWAY FROM YOU GLENN-BASHERS IN THE F'ING SF!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?

And news falsh dude - Glenn covered Iceland back when it was real news, he was just using it as a comparison. Is that okay with you? Good.

I really, really, really don't fucking understand WHY PEOPLE CAN'T JUST STAY ON F'ING TOPIC AND NOT ATTACK THE MESSENGER(S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

QUICK LOGIC : Since they're the ones driving us in said direction and know the destination, one can only assume that they have already made plans for that.

Simple version - they bail to the nuke shelters, Camp David, etc. with their families. They already lead a sheltered life, and when the ruling class can do just about anything they want, what do you think they'll do? They already drive in chauffeured cars, fly on private (albeit Air Force) jets, etc. Do you think they go to the grocery store like you and me?

The folks on this (and other) forums are preparing for the UNKNOWN. These people are preparing for the KNOWN. Kinda gives them the advantage, don't ya think? If I do things like buy gold and silver and move cash into foreign currencies to continue trade/purchasing options when SHTF, what the heck do you think THEY are doing? Do you think they have all they cash in banks? They don't have to worry about paying their mortgages, buying crap, etc. when SHTF because they're the ruling class. We all know they got sweetheart deals on their home loans, etc. (I guess being gay isn't so bad after all for representative Barney Frank since his boyfriend for 10 years was a top executive at Fannie Mae and was a crucial component of the housing run up and subsequent crash)

Anyway, I digress....

Trust me, they're ready for the coming chaos. After all, they're orchestrating it.

You really think gold or silver will be worth anything to the guy running a grocery store, or the guy on the street. It will be worthless. I dont know about you but I have no way to tell if gold or silver is real, and do you actually have it in hand or do you have a paper note saying you own it. Even cash will be worthless except for those few that will hope it will go back up in value.

Remember the people who shop for these wealthy people, drive them around, take care of there mansions, manage there money are probably regular people who will bail on them at a drop of the hat. Then there left trying to do things themselves, sure maybe they will last a while with all there money but if it costs $100 for a gallon of fuel how long can they last. Plus if you see a guy rolling around in a mercedes or bentley trying to get gas or go shopping you think someone is not going to take advantage of them, or possibly rob them. Hopefully they keep a older car for more undercover work.
Also if it gets really bad the first place thugs are going to drive to is the rich part of town to get some flatscreen tv's, alot easier then the store where by now will be empty.
Its going to be the regular people that can probably handle this better. I hope all those welfare leaches are ready, they have had an advantage alot of us dont get so I will assume they are already prepared.

Ive been doing a little here and there over the years, generator-portable and whole house, fuel, food, water, useful vehicles if needed.

Hopefully the super rich will be able to get out of there gated communities when the shtf, when the security guy at the gate bails and goes home to his family.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You really think gold or silver will be worth anything to the guy running a grocery store, or the guy on the street. It will be worthless. I dont know about you but I have no way to tell if gold or silver is real, and do you actually have it in hand or do you have a paper note saying you own it. Even cash will be worthless except for those few that will hope it will go back up in value.

Remember the people who shop for these wealthy people, drive them around, take care of there mansions, manage there money are probably regular people who will bail on them at a drop of the hat. Then there left trying to do things themselves, sure maybe they will last a while with all there money but if it costs $100 for a gallon of fuel how long can they last. Plus if you see a guy rolling around in a mercedes or bentley trying to get gas or go shopping you think someone is not going to take advantage of them, or possibly rob them. Hopefully they keep a older car for more undercover work.
Also if it gets really bad the first place thugs are going to drive to is the rich part of town to get some flatscreen tv's, alot easier then the store where by now will be empty.
Its going to be the regular people that can probably handle this better. I hope all those welfare leaches are ready, they have had an advantage alot of us dont get so I will assume they are already prepared.

Ive been doing a little here and there over the years, generator-portable and whole house, fuel, food, water, useful vehicles if needed.

Hopefully the super rich will be able to get out of there gated communities when the shtf, when the security guy at the gate bails and goes home to his family.

First problem with your theory. The "super rich" are NOT same as the political elite. A complete different set of SHTF rules apply to each.

Second problem - you are assuming that the political elite aren't stocking up on food, supplies, etc. and will go shopping with the masses after SHTF. Prepping isn't an isolated activity.

Third problem - the "super rich" don't live in gated communities. The "somewhat rich" and retired live in those communities. The "super rich" houses are isolated estates, but that's not where they're going to run when SHTF. Most have many other houses not only around the country, but around the world. They'll bug out to their remote locations in a heartbeat.

Fourth problem - the political elite don't need to go buy things after SHTF. They're the POLITICAL elite. The entire governmental survival preparedness plan will kick into action and they'll be whisked away to "undisclosed locations". Remember - the government survival plan makes the best of OUR plans look like no plan at all. All of the issues that we'll be stuck with will NOT apply to them.

Fifth problem - don't assume gold and silver are to buy things after SHTF. Lets say a new currency is created since the dollar is worthless. Sure, they'll let you trade in your dollars in a 20:1 ratio for the new currency, but gold, silver, platinum or foreign currencies will enjoy a better exchange rate for the new currency.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

For fuck sakes people don't you realize that GB has been talking about Iceland since before FT started talking about it?  Can you all L-I-S-T-E-N for yourselves occasionally?!?!?!

Morne, It is quite apparent to me that 99% of the people on this board are far more informed than you by a factor of about 1000.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#37]
For us "normal folks" currency will be things we need to get by, i.e. ammo, seeds, staples that keep (flour, sugar, rice, etc.).  Generators are nice but really short term once the distribution system dries up, the ability to make candles, burn wood are more practical.  Think 200 years ago.  Of course I am talking about a situation when it will take years to get back on track.

We are the consumer power house of the world.  If we stop buying what do you think will happen to all those factories in China.  If we stop being the world's bread basket, who is going to feed those countries that are not self sufficient in food products they will starve and that includes most of the developed world.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway, I digress....

first, welcome to the forum.  second, i agree that what you state is one possibility.  another possibility is that those in charge figure they'll weather the storm fine since they have .gov pensions.  also, since they have insider info, i wouldn't put it past any of them to move their holdings into foreign investments long before the collapse begins or at least before it becomes too wide spread.

beck is obviously just offering up one possibility, but mathematically it's beginning to look like the only possibility or at least the most likely to occur.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
For us "normal folks" currency will be things we need to get by, i.e. ammo, seeds, staples that keep (flour, sugar, rice, etc.).  Generators are nice but really short term once the distribution system dries up, the ability to make candles, burn wood are more practical.  Think 200 years ago.  Of course I am talking about a situation when it will take years to get back on track.

We are the consumer power house of the world.  If we stop buying what do you think will happen to all those factories in China.  If we stop being the world's bread basket, who is going to feed those countries that are not self sufficient in food products they will starve and that includes most of the developed world.

We've already backed WAY down on our consumer buying. Imports are WAY down, inter-rail shipments are way down, trucking/local transport is also down. Our ties with China as a consumer of their exports combined with their holdings in the dollar are making for an interesting situation. On one hand, if we stay with the dollar, we cannot repay our debts because we're already at unsustainable levels and yet we're still adding to it. (thats a major reason the Fed can't/won't raise interests rates - we'll get slaughtered against our international debtors.) but on the other hand, if we move to a new currency, effectively defaulting on our dollar debts, then we effectively break free but the political elite have more power than ever with the trade in from dollars to the new currency. Sure gold, silver, etc. will garner a better exchange rate than your worthless dollars, but the exchange rate will give them an instant return on the gold/silver you're trading in for the new currency. They get to double dip on this.

They'll also have to make arrangements with the Chinese and their debt - part of that is already underway. (perhaps another rant/post is required for this alone!)
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
...snip...
...snip...

Great post! Thanks,

Don't forget the insane amount of cash that foreign workers send to their families back home.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Great post! Thanks,

Don't forget the insane amount of cash that foreign workers send to their families back home.

Stats show that of the roughly $60 billion earned by illegal workers in the US, that about half ($30 billion) of those dollars are "sent home" annually.

But lets think of all the foreign aid that we spend around the world. In 2006, we spent $39,039,000,000 (that's $39 billion) in total foreign assistance. Of that, $12 million was classified as military aid.

All this spending when we can't balance our budgets back home and our economy is tanking.

Where did that $39 billion come from?? It came from you and me. After all, government cannot generate revenue, they can only TAKE from its population.

So, we EXTRACTED $39 billion from the economy to send elsewhere in the world.

Of note - I've referenced numbers, actions, laws, etc. in this and other posts without citing references. My bad. From now on I'll be including links, etc. so that you can VERIFY my claims.

Here's the link to the foreign aid numbers  :   http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/foreign_commerce_aid/foreign_aid.html
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#42]
..with all the flames coming out I had to double check and and see if i stumbled into GD.......

ETA....for fucks sake and all.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Indeed.

I'm glad he's around to say these things in a loud voice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Aeropilot, welcome to the forum, and man, what a debut...

VERY well thought out post, and very good and clear reasoning. Man, I sure hope that you make it to a campout somewhere, you'd make for one hell of a campfire conversation!

We have one in NE PA in November..

Ops
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glenn Beck 10.28

Thanks for this post -

Iceland crashed, and the USA will do a very similar scenario .... Someday soon, America will wake up, and realize how bad it's going to be.

But.......what the hell?!!!!  Today the guv't told us the recession is officially over....it's all good.  We're in a recovery....what we're recovering to I don't know, but it's all good now.....

Yeah, right.  It's a recovery for those that never felt even a pin prick in this whole deal from the beginning, even though they caused it from the start.  Glad I gave 40% of my earnings so they can get multi million$ bonuses for fucking up the system for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[
But.......what the hell?!!!!  Today the guv't told us the recession is officially over....it's all good.  We're in a recovery....what we're recovering to I don't know, but it's all good now.....

Yeah, right.  It's a recovery for those that never felt even a pin prick in this whole deal from the beginning, even though they caused it from the start.  Glad I gave 40% of my earnings so they can get multi million$ bonuses for fucking up the system for the rest of us.

The GDP numbers are weird. The initial look behind the curtain shows some interesting items...

First - The cash for clunkers program did boost the GDP a bit - perhaps a full percentage point. But we all know this was a one shot deal. No trend here.

Second - Disposable income dropped.

Third - Personal taxes are on the rise. (combine this with the item above - does that sound good?)

Fourth - import and export numbers show big swings, but the data with freight loadings and # of containers doesn't jive. Need to look into this more.

Fifth - Unemployment continues to climb.

Someone tell me how we can proclaim recovery when we're bringing home less money, our taxes are going up and more and more people are unemployed?

The stock market rallied with this news (no surprise here) but did you see gold? It also took a nice bump and the dollar fell.

Reports are that people are returning to "big brands", but these are dangerous times to begin spending money above the absolute necessities.

Oh, and lets not forget that Pelosi and company rolled out their health care plan. Written behind closed doors to republicans and they've set it up to not allow ANY amendments to the plan in its current form. They're choosing to "go it alone" and the 51 vote option is their preferred method to ram this through.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#47]
my first meaningful post in here so if it makes no sense, sorry.  i usually keep to my self, but this kind of thing just pisses me off to no end.

yeah, so the GDP went up,...wow.  and even though every news outlet in the country is trumpeting that miracle and the experts declare that we have "turned the corner", anyone who is buying that is in for a big surprise.  oh we are turning a corner all right.  it will not last long, there are simply to many consequences to deal with as a result of all the government's intervention and crushing amounts of consumer/national debt.  personally i do not think any amount gov control of the markets and currency is going to do much more than possibly accelerate or slow the rate at which our little red "wagon of unsustainability" we are sitting in goes sailing of the cliff.  

i guess my point is this;  while everyone laments the fact that the federal government is instituting unprecedented levels of regulation/control everywhere it possibly can,  what pisses me off is that none of it will change the outcome.  its insanity and it makes my brain hurt just thinking about it.  all this endgame talk is serious buisness, but its all for naught.  all i know is when the whole thing blows up i want the best seat in the house.

all this economic fun and' games reminds me of a cute saying i heard once.––––->"whats the first thing you do when you find your self in deep deep hole?  you put down the shovel and stop fucking digging."

edit for spelling
also, why is there not a spell checker on this site?  my spelling sucks almost to the point of embarassment
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I need more ammo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

The GDP numbers are weird. The initial look behind the curtain shows some interesting items...

First - The cash for clunkers program did boost the GDP a bit - perhaps a full percentage point. But we all know this was a one shot deal. No trend here.

Second - Disposable income dropped.

Third - Personal taxes are on the rise. (combine this with the item above - does that sound good?)

Fourth - import and export numbers show big swings, but the data with freight loadings and # of containers doesn't jive. Need to look into this more.

Fifth - Unemployment continues to climb.

Someone tell me how we can proclaim recovery when we're bringing home less money, our taxes are going up and more and more people are unemployed?

The stock market rallied with this news (no surprise here) but did you see gold? It also took a nice bump and the dollar fell.

Reports are that people are returning to "big brands", but these are dangerous times to begin spending money above the absolute necessities.

Oh, and lets not forget that Pelosi and company rolled out their health care plan. Written behind closed doors to republicans and they've set it up to not allow ANY amendments to the plan in its current form. They're choosing to "go it alone" and the 51 vote option is their preferred method to ram this through.

DC, wall street, and the news want us to believe in a " jobless recovery "... what do they think we are ?... idiots ?
It's a TOTAL FAKE ECONOMY, the numbers we get are cooked, and the news we get is filtered.

It's hard as hell to prep for the longevity of our coming depression / food shortages / possible war / fuel dilemma.

There may not be a " bank holiday " in our future... maybe a currency exchange... your 20 dollar bill for 4 bucks worth of brand new funny money.

eta:
Peter Schiff " Phony GDP Growth " 28 Oct 2009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKv1qg-K78o&feature=player_embedded
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I am like some on here that read a lot and post seldom.  Thanks for this thread.  I may not have all of the facts and information that a lot of you have, but I know that we are being lied to by the powers that be.  I fully understand that we are in a "heap of trouble" and it has not happened by chance.  Of all that I read and hear, I also fully understand that we are headed for a crash.  How can anyone who just looks at the numbers really think that all is well or that all will be well?  I am still amazed at those who either refuse to see what is happening or have been brainwashed to the point that the filters are tac-welded in place and to remove those filters would cause permanent damage to their brain.  Even if I didn't watch Beck or read this site or talk to others who are more informed than I, my gut tells me that things are not as they appear.  

Are we sitting in the buggy as it is going up the big hill just before the ride starts or have we crest that hill?     Thanks again to all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top