Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 3:17:45 PM EDT
I just read book one, it's a trilogy SHTF story . It has Martial Law, food riots, even brigands attacking and raiding people at sea who got out in boats .
Worth reading .
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for pointing this out to us, should start a feeding frenzy!

Prepper
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for pointing this out.  I added it to my wish list at Amazon and on my public library list.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a good read.  I finished it a few months ago.  I also liked the Axis of Time Trilogy he wrote.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It has Marshall Law

What is "Marshall Law" and who the hell is Marshall? Could it be a western thing (e.g., Marshal Dillon of Gunsmoke)? LOL!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just read book one, it's a trilogy SHTF story . It has [martial law], food riots, even brigands attacking and raiding people at sea who got out in boats .

Worth reading .

Thanks for the post. (Amazon thanks you too !!)
5sub

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads-up.  I just put it on hold at the library.  Looking forward to the read.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads-up.  I just put it on hold at the library.  Looking forward to the read.

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has Marshall Law

What is "Marshall Law" and who the hell is Marshall? Could it be a western thing (e.g., Marshal Dillon of Gunsmoke)? LOL!!!!!!!

It's the next level of tyranny above martial law.  If you live under "Marshall Law", thank a public school.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It has Marshall Law

It's the next level of tyranny above martial law.  If you live under "Marshall Law", thank a public school.

Better than Marital Law.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has Marshall Law

Oops, my bad. Sorry .

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:40:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just read book one, it's a trilogy SHTF story . It has Martial Law, food riots, even brigands attacking and raiding people at sea who got out in boats .
Worth reading .

Were there Zoombies?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Amazon reader review:
...Most of the story lines spend far too much time in bang-bang shoot-em-out gunfights (with far too much attention paid to the type of ammo people had) that prompted frequent page-scanning until I could get past all the fluff and back into some story meat...

ARFCOM approved!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:20:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It has Marshall Law

Better than Marital Law.

Or Martian Law.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It has Marshall Law

Better than Marital Law.

Or Martian Law.

Or My Favorite Martian Law.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It has Marshall Law

Better than Marital Law.

Or Martian Law.

So it's a game now is it?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:43:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Pretty cool book, I can't wait for the sequel. I would also recommend his Axis of Time series. Right now, Birmingham is my favorite author.

It was funny seeing all the countries enjoying Pax Americana, while loathing us in public, having to finally step up to the plate to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has Marshall Law

Better than Marital Law.

Or Martian Law.

So it's a game now is it?

I once lived under Marsha Law and that was OK!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It was a good read.  I finished it a few months ago.  I also liked the Axis of Time Trilogy he wrote.

I'm out of town and finished reading WEB Griffin's "Black Ops" and don't have any other reading material. I struck out and Barnes and Noble and it looks like the closest Borders is out of this book also. However, if you're interested I just discovered that Barnes and Noble has "Weapons of Choice" (the first in the Axis of Time trilogy) available as a free eBook download. I just finished downloading it. We'll see what it's like reading a novel on the laptop or Blackberry.

ETA: Cool. Just started reading and already found a reference to my old ship, the USS Leyte Gulf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top