Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 4:09:00 PM EDT
I built a new man cave out in the garage which emptied a room down in the basement.  We were already using a fairly decent sized storage area but we just needed more room.  The toilet paper, diapers etc were taking up to much room.  So now I am in the process of getting shelves put in and getting everything moved in.  We will be able to open up room in closets, cabinets etc by moving into one central location.  It will also allow us to view what we have and have a better idea of what is needed.  I'll get a pic later.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Title= FAIL

MOAR Room

ETA Aslo show pics of man cave!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Title= FAIL

MOAR Room

ETA Aslo show pics of man cave!

Response = LOL

"Aslo" show pics of man cave...LOL

Prepper

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually posted pics a while back under a buddies name by accident.  I will have to dig them up and post again.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I accidentally posted these in the radio forum under a friends account.  But here they are again.

Sorry for the delay.  Here are the man cave pics.  It's not real big but it suits me well.  I will get pics of storage later.

The desk.  I pulled everything out of the case on the right for another project.  Waiting on replacement parts.

4 Racks total

I may have a thing for Lian Li pc cases.    This is all my computer equipment.  It's a pretty big mess right now because I've been messing around with IPSEC tunnels and such.

Radio and power racks.

Patch panel that I built.  Below that is the 2M amp.

My Radios

Close up of the two 20A power supplies and battery

12v ventilation panel built using 4 120mm fans.  In the center of the panel is a LED indicator light.  You can also see the lights.  For the lights I ran two tensioned steel cables across the room.  These are charged with 12v which powers the 4 cold cathode lights.  Lights and fans together draw about 3 amps.

Another picture of the lights.  You can see here that I have some repair to do after installing the power box.  On the power box I used Anderson Power Pole connectors mounted to a stainless blank to dress it up a bit.

The door into the room.  The door came from our old server room at work.  Above the door is another set of 12v cold cathodes that act as a porch light so I don't need to turn all the lights in the garage on to get around.  You can also see that I have a lot of work left to do on the outside :)

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If I knew the kids would be so excited to carry cases of water to the basement I would have done this a lot earlier!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
While I definately appreciate all the cool gadgets and radios (especially those nifty lights) I'm going to go out on a limb and say your man cave needs a wee bit more testosterone...  like some belt-fed weapons, knives, rambo poster, couple of cases of MRE's, poster of Anna Nicole (before she turned into a fat-ass doper).
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While I definately appreciate all the cool gadgets and radios (especially those nifty lights) I'm going to go out on a limb and say your man cave needs a wee bit more testosterone...  like some belt-fed weapons, knives, rambo poster, couple of cases of MRE's, poster of Anna Nicole (before she turned into a fat-ass doper).

LOL, I do have a Don't Tread On Me and a pirate flag  :)  Do to the size of the room I really don't have room for much.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like your a computer junkie.

Water, Food, Heat, Shelter, Defense, and First Aid seem notably absent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Women have nests, men have caves. Every man should have his own cave. Isn't it interesting, though, that the man tends to get the basement or the garage and THE REST OF THE HOUSE IS HERS ?

GL
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
"Do you want to play a game?"

movie quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Think about an opaque coating for the door. Don't know about you, but I prefer to keep my preps out of casual view.

The door itself is another thing, it's not something that you would normally see in a residence.. Raises red flags for bad guys stating "here be goodies"..

As usual, just my $.02

c0
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]
They'd have to already be inside the garage to see the glass door and the room behind it. Right?

GL
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:42:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like your a computer junkie.
Water, Food, Heat, Shelter, Defense, and First Aid seem notably absent.

+1

I don't understand why this particular man cave is being highlighted in the survival forum?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top