Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2009 3:23:35 PM EDT
With the success of my prior tip, thought i'd share tip #2: creating a bugout folder.

I keep a 1-inch  D-ring with pockets.  It is organized as follows:

Inside pocket - bugout cards as described in tip#1, also personal cards for each member of family with key identifying data, blood type, key contacts, family plan
Back pocket - map overlays on clear mylar, bugout routes overlay, places to avoid, military bases, prisons,  etc...  also, map tools

Section 1: Bugout Todo List
1a) Condition/Threat Analysis - assessing severity of the event. Includes definition of threat levels and appropriate activities to be performed.
1b) Quick flowchart on whether or not to bugout or start countermeasures.
1c) To Do List - a check-off menu of items in the approximate right order to do - from shutting off the gas to packing the truck to barring the windows.
1d) Family Plan - when and where to meet in a layered approach, especially if not all together

Section 2: Cache Locations (GPS coord's or similar,  but encoded), contents, condition, required tools, etc...

Section 3: Detailed analysis of bugout routes, down to turn-by-turn directions....possible chokepoints or problem areas, alternate routes, which route is best under which circumstances

Section 4: Inventories - so items can be located either in the bugout load or around the house.

Section 5: OPSEC plan and planning tool - this might have to be updated during SHTF, so I keep it close

Section 6: Key contact information - family, friends, key freqs, radio stations by area, etc...

Section 7: Key reference documents (Navigation, SERE, range books, maps, etc...)

Section 8: CD with all key documents scanned on it - driver's licenses, insurance numbers, etc...
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
organization?

whaaaat?

jk

thanks for the tips

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top