Hand Tools, Shovels, sludge, picks, saws, etc
Bikes
Dog Food
Large Coolers with Frozen Foods
Totes with More Oil Lanterns, etc

StagPower
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Put some water and food in the cab along with blankets so you don't have to stop as often.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup,

Did not add that, good catch!!

StagPower

Quoted:
Put some water and food in the cab along with blankets so you don't have to stop as often.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure that "Tool Box, Basic-Mechanical " has supplies to keep the truck running for a while.

Maybe a siphon too.

Nice list.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Got a list of things that you want in case things work out better than you expect and society doesn't end?
Money, checkbooks, deeds and titles, degrees and diplomas, passports, bank records, marriage certificate, irreplaceable photo albums, etc.?
Make a list of these things and have a plan/checklist to grab these items on your way out of the door.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Get rid of the sludge?

I'd want BOBs if you had to abandon the vehicle, and some plans/material to cashe some of the contents.

If some idiot takes a shot at you as you are driving away, I'd want my gas cans closer to the cab.

Spare spare truck tire, plus trailer tire and jack.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I would not want my oil lanterns and coolers, but especially the oil lanterns, to be that exposed to gun fire and other stuff.
Fire hazard big time, IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
One other thought: If you're counting on the truck and trailer to be your mule for bugging out, I might suggest hardening whatever you can to keep it running... Some kind of protection for the coolant system, maybe some undercarriage protection (from deflecting bullets) and run-flat tires.

The truck is chock-full of gear that would absolutely suck to have to walk away from if it gets disabled.

(just another thing that occurred to me as I re-read the thread )
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#8]
have everything you need in the truck, keep extras in the trailer, that way you can abandon the trailer if needed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple of large dry chem fire extinguishers mounted where they can be reached in a hurry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
in my humble opinion, you could cut the logistics and boost efficiency if you dumped the multiple calibers and platforms, and concentrated on a rifle and a .22 or a shotgun.  For example, the .40 and the 9mm are for all intents and purposes, the same.  I would just carry one or the other, and double the ammo for it.

Good list overall though.  I would make sure extra belts, hoses, fluids, bulbs etc were in the tool box.  

Food prep stuff?  Sanitation?  Water purification?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Really no joke a plan to destroy truck and said items that you can't carry or come back for! It would suck to be shot with your own rifle or ammo. The guns and ammo weigh the most and carrying a 1000 round off any type of ammo sucks hard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
.....fuck it. I'm buggin' in.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Seriously, consider geo-caching some stuff on your land in the very real chance you might be coming back home.... pre-dig the holes or bury 5 gallon buckets, so all you need do is pop the lit, drop in ammo, heirlooms, etc. and then re-bury under gravel and rocks.

If you have bikes, do you have one of those bike trailers? Suppose you did run into trouble and had to ditch the pickup and trailer...suddenly you're down to BOBs and what can be hauled on bike paniers... not good. A simple kiddie trailer will haul 100lbs. easy. which could easily mean 1 month of food more....

Also, go buy some snares and traps... if you are hiding from the destruction of the US.... gun shots will be heard miles away and attract attention. So if you're shooting for food....get some snares, traps, make some dead falls, and bring some fishing tackle. Save the firepower for two legged varmints.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
First aid kit in the cab.

Also, you're pretty heavy on firepower. Like someone else said it'd suck if you had to abandon the vehicle and try to come back later only to have your weapons used against you. I'd be looking at ways to cache some of them at the BOL.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MOP Suites

I'm guessing by "MOP Suites", you mean some type of chemical/radiological protective clothing.  I wouldn't trust it because the protection level degrades once it's removed from it's packaging.  Current gear (JLIST) gives 8 hours of protection, but needs to be used within 30 days of opening the package.  Besides that, unless you have chemical or radiological detection gear, how are you going to know that you need it?  I see you listed "gas masks", but I didn't see any spare filter cannisters listed.  Again, once you put the mask on, how are you going to know it's safe to take the mask off without any of the above mentioned detection gear?

Personally, it's useless extra weight.  To properly utilize CBR gear, you'd need a lot more gear than you are currently carrying and if you need it, you're moving your family into an area of high risk.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
You left out Dog in the Cab !!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Tire repair kit/air compressor?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top