Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:03:33 PM EDT
I am having one built and delivered to my land. It is 12x30. Comes with one 9ft garage door and one regular side entry door and 3 windows. It's going on 7 acres of land along with a cabin. My question is should I opt for another roll up garage door at the other end? It would allow more air flow in this Texas heat which has been brutal. The garage will be used to store normal garage stuff and maybe my boat. The cool thing about storing my boat is I would not have to back it in. It would be more like one of those oil change places where you just drive thru. 30ft long is deep and it seems more practical to have an open at both ends type of garage. I will also have a reloading/gun room in it. Along with a fridge. I do plan on putting in a small window A/C unit too. Do you think 2 roll up doors on each end would be a better option?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
12x30 seems small for a room and a drive through bay.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
12x30 seems small for a room and a drive through bay.

yes. I don't think parking the boat will be an option as I give it more thought. I'm thinking it would be nice to have two roll up doors to let a breeze in if doing some wood working or other garage stuff.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am having one built and delivered to my land. It is 12x30. Comes with one 9ft garage door and one regular side entry door and 3 windows. It's going on 7 acres of land along with a cabin. My question is should I opt for another roll up garage door at the other end? It would allow more air flow in this Texas heat which has been brutal. The garage will be used to store normal garage stuff and maybe my boat. The cool thing about storing my boat is I would not have to back it in. It would be more like one of those oil change places where you just drive thru. 30ft long is deep and it seems more practical to have an open at both ends type of garage. I will also have a reloading/gun room in it. Along with a fridge. I do plan on putting in a small window A/C unit too. Do you think 2 roll up doors on each end would be a better option?

7 acres and you are getting a 1 car garage?

I would wait and save still I could get a garage/shop I would be proud of.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top