Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 4:32:13 PM EDT
Anyone read this? I was thinking about downloading it from iTunes for a road trip.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Read it recently.  It brings out alot of thoughts that Light's Out didn't.  Scenes from the old folks home and cannibalism immediately come to mind.  I bought it and passed it on.  I have a couple potential preppers on the hook with this book.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Get it, money well spent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Get it. I enjoyed reading it, read the book in 2 days.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
yep, really worth the money and it really makes you think about stuff you never though about... for example I have a ton of neosporin now and really want a WW2 jeep
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
It is a good book. I read it, and have passed it on, and that person is passing it on as well.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is a good book. I read it, and have passed it on, and that person is passing it on as well.

I think the great value of the book is that it is NOT a survivalist book.  It is well written, and engrossing.  It's a great primer to get the sheep to realize how bad things can be when you aren't prepared.  It gets the wheels turning without being threatening.  Mine has been passed on multiple times, and actually got my wife reading survivalist fiction.  She finished the book in a day and was on to Patriots!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Good book. It will make you think about medical preps for sure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was halfway through this book I did something I had never done before.  I ordered two additional copies to pass onto friends, with the request that they pass it onto others when they are done with it.

I thought this was a very well written book about a threat most Americans know nothing about.  Mr Forstchen has done a great service to our country by writing this book.  Hopefully it wake up some of those we refer to as "sheeple".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
i finished it a couple of weeks ago, loved it and passed it on too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Duplicate topic  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=624780
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top