Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 5:49:25 PM EDT
Is anybody watching this on the History Channel?  Looks like some typical reality show crap in it, but I am interested in the knives/blades the team is carrying.  Tried to find details on the web, but haven't seen any.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched it the first night and noted these observations:

1.  No unity of command - I really can't distinguish who is responsible for this expedition's success or failure.
2.  No viable security - the two local warriors they hired with the porters may be good for identifying things in the bush and doing the talking with the locals as they pass through, but they are not sufficiently armed for the two legged threats.
3.  Water and Food - I am uncertain as to whether these folks know how to procure food for such an expedition.  Their foot print is large and that foot print will demand a lot of water and food.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Also,

1.)  Wind can kill you.
1.) you cant make hot dinner in the wind, go to bed cold and hungry.
2.) Make the porters carry all the cast iron cookware, blankets, tarps, sleeping bags.  dont want to tire the actors.
2.1)  Dont slow down for said porters, push till they drop from exaustion/dehydration
3.) Eat the villages only apparent goat you are visiting.
4. ) Even the local porters  must drink the carried water purified withpolar pure.
5.) If you can find a route around it, climb it anyway....

more to come

As to the OP's question, I thought I saw a few of the Mora knives that weve seen around here in the last few years.   Also noted a few GPS hanging on belts when they were all gathered around the "map"... couldnt tell for sure, looked like CSX's.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The hilarity of the show is hilarious. They are making so many stupid, gear-related mistakes it kills me. What the hell 4 people are carrying with them that requires 70 porters to begin with is beyond me...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That show is an enigma...  On one hand they all seem like tough explorers and outdoorsmen/woman, which is far better than the Alaska crap on now... but then, like mentioned, they do crazy things and have all those porters... WTF? And who is indeed in charge? And if I hear "Dude" one more time from Pasquale I'm going to scream...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Episode 3... they had to trek almost 6.5 miles on terrain flatter than Florida.

My heart bled for them. Seriously.

... where's the puke smiley...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, but was there any sugar sand?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There you go.

Was that a crack about FL?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you go.

Was that a crack about FL?

I would never make cracks about Florida
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top