Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:56:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to check the Lowes here.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll check that out, I got to go return some stuff anyway
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Handheld wrecking tool.

Thou shalt be called Demolition Man

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that the smaller one? If so I already have one and I love it. It's evil.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Makes me sad I got mine for $30, oh well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Go buy another one, then your average price will only be $20 and you have less to be mad about.  Hell, if you buy 9 more, it'll drop the cost down to $12 each!  

If two is one and one is none, what is 10 again?
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go buy another one, then your average price will only be $20 and you have less to be mad about.  Hell, if you buy 9 more, it'll drop the cost down to $12 each!  

If two is one and one is none, what is 10 again?

(30+20)/2= 25

You're one of those gubment guys who figures the rate of inflation, right?

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably more useful in AL as a Zombie Melee weapon, but I have one in my car kit to use as a hatchet for iced over roads and parking spots to get traction to get moving.  Replaced a tomahawk with a evil tool.

Also works on Zombies up here in the Zombie Heartland too
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to a Lowes in Seattle after seeing this thread, but all they had was the Fatmax for $40.  I passed, but still wanted one, so we went to HD just down the road and found the little ones for 19.95 and the Fatmax for 29.95.  I bought the big one.  I've been fondling it all day.  It will go in my car kit when I'm done playing with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
No price marked my my Lowes so they gave it to me for $15 a few weeks ago :)
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
yea the small one. they didn't carry the larger ones here.

i figure i'll stick in the BO bag since it's more portable than my 4' wrecking bar.

You carry one of those in your BO bag?
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]
i've got some framing projects coming up, i'll have to see if my lowes has 'em for a good price.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea the small one. they didn't carry the larger ones here.

i figure i'll stick in the BO bag since it's more portable than my 4' wrecking bar.

For the tough to open beer cans.... he slays them

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
stopped by lowes today and they had them 10.00 off on clearence. put is about 20.00 here.

i really don't need one but dammit it's evil and i wanted it!!!

http://images.businessweek.com/di/idea_winners/2007/fubar.jpg

i think i'll paint it and add to the evilness

Dont mean to rain on your parade but save your money.......I did some disater recovery work after a flood and I took a couple Stanley FAT MAX (I think thats what they were called). Basically big yellow crowbars. They way outperformed those who brought the fubars. mean lookin little thing just not very useful
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Will that thing fit on my foregrip rail???
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will that thing fit on my foregrip rail???

With a Larue adapter, Hell Yes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I like it. Must buy one soon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#19]

I figure it's useful to have one in a car. It's a crowbar, and potentially you might need to pry on stuff like locks, fence gates, and doors. Plus you can hit a zombie on the head with it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#20]
I keep one of these in my trunk. It makes very quick work out of laminated auto glass when needed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Evil is good yes?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I've also opened fire hydrants with one just to see if it would do it...

Not as quickly or easily as a hydrant wrench but it will work....
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#25]
bought one... it's fucking brilliant.   It goes through 2x6s like the fist of an angry god.

I only thought I could tear stuff up before....
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've also opened fire hydrants with one just to see if it would do it...

Not as quickly or easily as a hydrant wrench but it will work....

funny you say that i just found a HELL of a deal on the professional fubar entry tool!

Are you going to share?  

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
i will if the deal pans out to be for real.

this is the bigger on with the gas and hydrant wrench incorporated into the jaws.

Now that sound like fun!
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i will if the deal pans out to be for real.

this is the bigger on with the gas and hydrant wrench incorporated into the jaws.

Saw one of those in use tonight.  It worked over the trunk they were trying to open up for us.  (Side note:  18 y.o. in possession of alcohol and traveling probably around 100, went airborne, sideways, left road, and overturned.  Some ejections, two criticals, and one minor injury.  Decent wreck and nearly 800' total distance from start to finish.)
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Arfcom is the ONLY place where you'll find two pages of drooling over a friggin tweaked-out neanderthal club.

Everyone's gotta have it. Posters running out to save ten bucks just to take it home and "fondle" it. You know, it's great for smashing windsheilds or in case you need to open a fire hydrant - useful stuff like that. One guy even puts it in his bug out bag. The apocalypse has arrived, he can only take a few items, one of them is this thing.

I must admit, it really is strangely alluring and I kinda want one. I certainly wouldn't want to be the object (animate or inanimate) of its disaffection.

I need to stop visiting here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Arfcom is the ONLY place where you'll find two pages of drooling over a friggin tweaked-out neanderthal club.

Everyone's gotta have it. Posters running out to save ten bucks just to take it home and "fondle" it. You know, it's great for smashing windsheilds or in case you need to open a fire hydrant - useful stuff like that. One guy even puts it in his bug out bag. The apocalypse has arrived, he can only take a few items, one of them is this thing.

I must admit, it really is strangely alluring and I kinda want one. I certainly wouldn't want to be the object (animate or inanimate) of its disaffection.

Admit it... you already bought two.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:54:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Admit it... you already bought two.

At the time of your post I didn't have any. In fact my wife and I were laughing at this thread.

A little while later I went up to the bedroom where she saw me getting ready to go out and asked where I was going. I told her Lowes. She said "this early?" I said "yup." She knew right away and said "You're gonna get that wrench thing." I was at Lowes at 6:00 sharp, the minute they opened.

Here's a pic I took about ten minutes after I got home. Note the time of the last edit on my previous post (5:20) and the time the pic was taken (6:39):

It's actually called the "Flat Max" functional utility bar. It will do everything the others on the thread mentioned (except go in my BOB) in addition to acting as a hammer, nail puller and crowbar. It can even  inspire my wife to say "you're such an idiot," which she did.

It is rather beastly. The head alone is 22 oz., heavier than my framing hammer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#34]
No Lowes around here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm getting one today.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#38]

I have serious case of FUBAR envy... that one is bigger than mine.

You shouldn't have posted that. Now, If the SHTF, we''ll be seeing a bunch of Arfcommers with the claw of the one you posted sticking out of their BOBs.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#40]
I got one too yesterday right after work I ended up getting the slightly beefier model that was marked down from $40 to $30.  Took off the tag and left it in the truck.  I wish it was made in the USA though.  

Also, they're located on the rack with the hammers and not next to the pry bars at lowes (even though they're all in the same aisle).
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

if this pans out it might be 1/3rd that price.

keep your finger crossed.

My fingers are crossed!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol, no you don't!  You need to re-allocate income to cool-tacticool toys, ammo and mounts for your toys!

ARFCOM will change your life.  It did mine!  Just yesterday I got all excited because I found Vienna sausages at the grocery store next to the spam, because they add a bit of variety to my canned meat preps.  No way I would have had that reaction a year ago.

Just let it roll over you like a sweet summer rain!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I think we will make 3 pages.    And I want my club!  

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Still $26 in Augusta GA
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Any chance you could get a similar deal on the 18" version of the Fubar Forcible Entry Tool?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I bought mine before this post (obviously the same sale though) because I had (gasp) some actual demo to do .  Strangely enough, it's great at that job.  It might be great for that other stuff too, but that's probably not on my agenda.  No plans to krylon it a tacticool color though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Still $26 in Augusta GA

That's what I paid for mine in FL.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#50]
$19.99 in FL last night.

Also picked up 8 cheapo 2 AA flashlights, including the batteries for $8.00. Not great, but @ a $1 a piece, why not?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top