Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2009 5:10:43 AM EDT
An important read regarding everyone's health, especially people like the man in a recent thread that said his wife is diabetic and he just stocked up on diet Coke.........

, May 09, 2008 2:44 PM    IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND THE HEALTH OF OTHERS
                                       YOU WILL READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL AND THEN SEND IT TO EVERYONE
                                       YOU CAN.
                                      IT CAN SAVE LIVES. GET IT OUT THERE TO THEM.
                                      HOPE ALL WILL BE INFORMED.
DOCTORS WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT THIS.   READ AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF.

Think  ABOUT THE GUM  too.

SWEET POISON
  ;
In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick. She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around.  Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much pain.

By March 2002, she had undergone several tissue and muscle biopsies and was on 24 various prescription medications.  The doctors could not determine what was wrong with her. She was in so much pain, and so sick, she just knew she was dying. She put her house, bank accounts, life insurance, etc., in her oldest daughter's name, and made sure that her younger children were to be taken care of.    

She also wanted her last hooray, so she planned a trip to Florida (basically in a  wheelchair) for March  22nd.

On March 19, I called her to ask how her most recent tests went, and she said they didn't find anything on the test, but they believe she had MS.

I recalled an article a friend of mine e-mailed to me and I asked my sister if she drank diet soda? She told me that  she did.  As a matter of fact, she was getting ready to crack one open that moment.

I told her not to open it, and to stop drinking the diet soda!

I e-mailed her the article my friend, a  lawyer, had sent.

My sister called me within 32 hours after our phone conversation and told me she had stopped drinking the diet soda AND she could walk! The muscle spasms went away. She said she didn't feel 100% but she sure felt a lot better. She told me she was going to her doctor with this article and would call me when she got home.

Well, she called me, and said her doctor was amazed! He is going to call all of his MS patients to find out if they consumed artificial sweeteners of any kind.

In a nutshell, she was being poisoned by the Aspartame in the diet soda...and literally dying a slow and miserable death.

When she got to Florida March 22,  all she had to take was one pill, and that was a pill for the Aspartame poisoning! She is well on her way to a complete recovery. And she is  walking! No wheelchair! This article saved her life.

If it says 'SUGAR  FREE' on the label; DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

I have spent several days  lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE on 'ASPARTAME,' marketed as 'NutraSweet,' 'Equal,' and  'Spoonful , ETC.'

In the keynote address by the EPA, it was announced that in theUnited States in 2001 there is an epidemic of  multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. It was difficult to determine exactly what toxin was causing this to be rampant.

I stood up and said that I was there to lecture on exactly that subject.

I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous: When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the  wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic  acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found  in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. Many people were be being diagnosed in error. Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, Methanol toxicity is!

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers. The victim usually does not
Know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritatin g the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition.
We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas.    

In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss returned and hearing loss improved markedly.    

This also applies to cases of  trinities and firma.

Durin g a lecture, I said, 'If you are using  ASPARTAME (NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia  symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, joint pai n, unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!'

People were jumping up during the lecture  saying, 'I have some of these symptoms. Is it reversible?'    

Yes! Yes! Yes! STOP drinking diet sodas and be alert for Aspartame on food labels! Many products are fortified with it! This is a serious problem.
Dr. Espart (one of my speakers) remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice, a nurse stated that six of her friends, who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This  is beyond coincidence!

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product  that actually makes you crave carbohydrates.  It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight!

These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs. Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin and is used primarily to preserve 'tissue specimens.' Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it IN our body!

Dr. H. J. Roberts stated in his lectures that once free of the 'diet products' and with no significant increase in exercise; his patients lost an average of 19 pounds over a trial period.

Aspartame is especially dangerous  for diabetics. We found that some physicians, who believed that they had a patient with retinopathy, in fact, had symptoms caused by Aspartame.
The Aspartame drives the blood sugar out of control. Thus diabetics may suffer acute memory loss due to the fact that aspartic acid and phenylalanine are NEUROTOXIC when taken without the other amino acids necessary for a good balance.

Treating diabetes is all about BALANCE. Especially with diabetics, the Aspartame passes the blood/brain barrier and it then deteriorates the neurons of the brain; causing various  levels of brain damage, seizures, depression, manic depression, panic attacks, uncontrollable anger and rage.

Consumption of Aspartame causes these same symptoms in non-diabetics as well.

Documentation and  observation also reveal that thousands of children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD have had complete turn arounds in their behavior when these chemicals  have been removed from their diet. So called 'behavior modification prescription drugs' (Ritalin and others) are no longer needed. Truth be told, they were never NEEDED in the first place! Most of these children were being 'poisoned' on a daily basis with the very foods that were 'better for them than sugar.'

It is also suspected that the Aspartame in thousands of pallets of diet Coke and diet Pepsi consumed by men and women fighting in the Gulf War, may be partially to blame for the well-known
Gulf War Syndrome.

Dr. Roberts warns that it can cause birth defects, i.e. mental retardation, if taken at the time of conception and during early pregnancy.

Children are especially at risk for neurological disorders and should NEVER be given artificial sweeteners. There are many different case histories to relate of children suffering
grand mal seizures and other neurological disturbances talking about a plague of neurological diseases directly caused by the use of this deadly poison.'    

Herein lies the problem:

There were Congressional Hearings when Aspartame was included 100 different products and strong objection was made concerning its use. Since this initial hearing, there have been two subsequent hearings, and still nothing has been done. The drug and chemical lobbies have very deep pockets.

Sadly, MONSANTO'S patent on Aspartame has EXPIRED!

There are now over 5,000 products on the market that contain this deadly chemical and there will be thousands more introduced.  Everybody wants a 'piece of the Aspartame pie.' I assure you that MONSANTO, the creator of Aspartame, knows how deadly it is.    

And isn't it ironic that MONSANTO funds, among others, the American Diabetes  Association, the American Dietetic Association and the Conference of the American College of Physicians?    

This has been recently exposed in the New York Times.

These [organizations] cannot criticize any additives or convey their link to MONSANTO because they take money from the food industry and are required to endorse their products.

Senator Howard Metzenbaum wrote and presented a bill that would require label warnings on products containing Aspartame, especially regarding pregnant women, children and infants. The bill would also institute independent studies on the known dangers and the problems existing in the general population regarding seizures, changes in brain chemistry, neurological changes and behavioral symptoms.    
The bill was killed.

It is known that the powerful drug  and chemical lobbies are responsible for this, letting loose the hounds of disease and death on an unsuspecting and uninformed public. Well, you're Informed now!

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO  KNOW!
Please print this out and/or e-mail to  your family and friends.

They have a right to know too.

SEND IT TO EVERYONE. AND PRAY
THEY SEND IT TO EVERYONE.
IF WE ALL READ THIS AND SEND IT
OUT THERE IS NO TELLING HOW MANY
LIFES WILL HAVE BEEN SAVED.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART.   THANKS YOU

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
some people are deathly allergic to peanuts. does that mean peanuts should be banned?

if someone is sensitive to aspartame, they should stop ingesting it.

incidentally, I am pretty sure aspartame is no longer patent protected.

I e-mailed her the article my friend, a lawyer, had sent.

I get all my medical information from a lawyer too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]
*looking around* "now where did I put that bullshit flag....."
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, good to know!
I got an email the other day about some money being held for me in Zambia.  I'll try to post that one a little later.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Fine, sometimes I wonder why I bother. Keep drinking the shit.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cool yer jets there turbo..no need to get upset....we all have fallen for bogus claims now and then, no big deal.  I'm still waiting on my Obama coins, after I sent in all my gold for cash, so here I am sitting on a pile of Amway crap I can't sell....but that ShamWow is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#8]
This just in.....

Every breath you take is one step closer toward your death!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't do any artifical sweetners at all.

Honey, cane sugar, and aguave nectar are about it.

I just don't happen to believe that chemically engineered stuff is good for you.

We are working at getting processed foods out of our diet as well. Only time we get HFCS any more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool yer jets there turbo..no need to get upset....we all have fallen for bogus claims now and then, no big deal.  I'm still waiting on my Obama coins, after I sent in all my gold for cash, so here I am sitting on a pile of Amway crap I can't sell....but that ShamWow is awesome!

A little humor is good for the soul.
OK, so this wasn't a research document........I've been concerned about the artificial crap since they came out with it.
I have read repeatedly that the REAL test results were released like 20 years after all this crap was allowed on the market with bogus test results saying it was ok for people. All the mice they gave it to blew up like blimps.......
Cancers and other disorders were prevalent.
There is very strong evidence this shit is poison. I'm not spending my time digging for all the hidden proof.
I'm just not drinking it. Or chewing gum.

Logic tells me anything that comes out of Monsanto is evil.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This just in.....

I'm not sure why anyone would want oxygen in their air!  Nasty, corrosive stuff!
Oxygen is the primary cause of rust in metal!  Anything that could turn a nail into
powder couldn't be good for you!  And look what it does to wood if you add a little
heat!  It caused Apollo 1 to die on the pad!  Every single person who has ever breathed
oxygen is either dead, or will be dead soon.

He says while sipping a diet Mt. Dew mentally chanting "correlation does not imply causation...

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#12]
It ain't the aspartame that'll get ya it's the BPA in the plastic bottle that will cause you to explosively disintegrate from the inside out!

Remember, many of these "warnings" originate from extortion minded "do gooders" who are seeking to cash in on the scare.  Nothing more than self proclaimed scientists or psuedo doctors with a fax machine a phone number to contact the idiots in the gullible news media
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You really need to explain that one.

Monsanto is a well respected company.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monsanto is the real life equivilent of the Umbrella Corporation.

A little tongue in cheek, but seriously, they are literally out of control. Do a Google search on Monsanto

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monsanto is the real life equivilent of the Umbrella Corporation.

A little tongue in cheek, but seriously, they are literally out of control. Do a Google search on Monsanto

no kidding on the monsanto thing - they are out of control
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Having been in the nutrition business for 13 years...I must do this

Aspartame may not be good for some diabetics (clinical trials show it might cause a rise in blood sugar for a small percentage of diabetics).  I have no problem with people who choose to avoid it, but the above article is pure bs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Can't speak for anyone else, but aspartame makes my head feel funny in a bad way...like I'm going to get a migraine.  But that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a hard time believing chemicals like Aspartame are good for people.  I also think that heavy consumption of sugar (table sugar, honey, or HFCS) is just as bad if not worse than artificial sweeteners.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Well between the tainted milk and honey products from the PRC, the salmonella from PCA, and breathing polluted air, etc etc. I should be dead.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#20]
New flash, saliva causes cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts over an extended period of time.

That should be a good age check for here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can't speak for anyone else, but aspartame makes my head feel funny in a bad way...like I'm going to get a migraine.  But that's just me.

Me also.  Actually triggers mine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#22]
All I know is that on the advice of my doctor I gave up diet sodas and after being off the stuff for about three weeks I felt like a new man! I slept better at night, I no longer would wake up with numbness in my legs and arms. I find it easier to stay in shape and after three months my blood chemistry improved. Frankly, if it isn't water, or rum, I am not drinking it anymore!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in my house. The movie "Future of food" covers alot of their shenanigans. Suing farmers that Monsanto's GMO seeds contaminated the farmers' fields and nice behavior like that.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me also.  Actually triggers mine.

Same hear. It also tastes pretty bad too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#25]
More junk science from a totally unverified source.  For all we know, the author is the PR flack for the Florida Sugar Growers Association.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#26]
if you have Phenylketonuria you definitely should avoid aspartame containing products
otherwise, like all things, if taken in moderation it's probably not an issue

from what I've read over the years the studies on mice and other animals used doses way higher than what a person would normally be ingesting when adjusted for body weight
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am no conspiracy bluff, but I was having joint pain, slight headaches. I quit drinking it 1 week ago.
I don't feel cured, but I can tell a difference, I could barely lift my arm to throw my dog a ball.
Now I am able to.. I have heard it takes up to 60 days to get it out of your system. So I will let you
know.  ONe thing is for sure we are drastically over medicated now a days.  Doctors push meds.
Any doc or lazy ass teacher trying to put your kid on ritalin should be fired.  It's gotten way out of hand.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it a bogus claim.  There could be something to it.   Sugar is natural, I trust it over anything man made.
Well if things progress with me, no more.  I am not saying it caused the Gulf War syndrome, but hey who
would have ever thought our own govt would set off nukes and have Army guys sit near buy with sunglasses on.

My Father told me about putting animals on old ships after WWII then they would sail away, they would nuke the area,
they were testing the radiation effects, ship protection.   Cancer is too prevalent now a days not to be linked to
the preservatives in food, or chemicals or something.   I don't know anyone who is allergic to peanuts, but know a dozen
complaining about what turbo was saying.

But one final thought, why are some many fat ass women and men in line at Walmart with cases of diet soda's.
I don't think it's working.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This just in.....

I'm not sure why anyone would want oxygen in their air!  Nasty, corrosive stuff!
Oxygen is the primary cause of rust in metal!  Anything that could turn a nail into
powder couldn't be good for you!  And look what it does to wood if you add a little
heat!  It caused Apollo 1 to die on the pad!  Every single person who has ever breathed

He says while sipping a diet Mt. Dew mentally chanting "correlation does not imply causation...

Is Oxygen Man made.  Too much of anything is bad. Even Ice Cold Beer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It ain't the aspartame that'll get ya it's the BPA in the plastic bottle that will cause you to explosively disintegrate from the inside out!

http://eppsnet.com/images/omg-wtf.jpg

Remember, many of these "warnings" originate from extortion minded "do gooders" who are seeking to cash in on the scare.  Nothing more than self proclaimed scientists or psuedo doctors with a fax machine a phone number to contact the idiots in the gullible news media

perhaps its the combination.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well between the tainted milk and honey products from the PRC, the salmonella from PCA, and breathing polluted air, etc etc. I should be dead.

Well not all things are good for everyone, but I draw the line because somebody in PRC. Added turpentine
in place of some other chemical because it was close and of course to make a buck.  Just like that asswipe
in, shit, the diet soda, was it Alabama, or Georgia with the peanuts.  Hang that asswipe probably a fat ass
ass wipe from a tree.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
*looking around* "now where did I put that bullshit flag....."

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
some people are deathly allergic to peanuts. does that mean peanuts should be banned?

if someone is sensitive to aspartame, they should stop ingesting it.

incidentally, I am pretty sure aspartame is no longer patent protected.

I e-mailed her the article my friend, a lawyer, had sent.

I get all my medical information from a lawyer too.

QFT
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I have never been able to eat drink anything with that in it.  

I get dizzy and a headache.  

It is FAKE, it isn't any better to eat than any other fake food.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I think most of the anecdotes being posted are caused by an allergic reaction.  My wife can't drink anything with aspartame without getting massive heartburn.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I believe it isn't good for you but if I stayed away from everything that wasn't I wouldn't do or eat anything at all.  I read a thing once that said Aspartame was used as ant poison.  I went and put it on a bunch of ant hills out in my backyard and it didn't do a damned thing.  I take all of these claims with a grain of salt (grain of sugar?) but I don't drink a six pack a day of diet cokes either.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Aspartame may not be good for some diabetics (clinical trials show it might cause a rise in blood sugar for a small percentage of diabetics).  I have no problem with people who choose to avoid it, but the above article is pure bs.

My wife, who has a MD and a PhD, says this is true for many people who drink sugared drinks.  The body is conditioned to release insulin upon tasting sweet, and  a diet drink consumed  occasionly will cause the same insulin release.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife, who has a MD and a PhD, says this is true for many people who drink sugared drinks.  The body is conditioned to release insulin upon tasting sweet, and  a diet drink consumed  occasionly will cause the same insulin release.  

The body is a funny thing isn't it.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This just in.....

Is Oxygen Man made.  Too much of anything is bad. Even Ice Cold Beer.

Bite your toung naysayer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have a sincere question in the Nutritional field, did you ever relate the sugar intake to the need to place kids on ritalin.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#41]
"Upon ingestion, aspartame breaks down into natural residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol, and further breakdown products including formaldehyde,[18] formic acid, and a diketopiperazine."

Source

MMM diet pepsi!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Great!  Now I can stop taking those expensive formaldehyde and methanol supplements.  Think of all the money I'll save!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dude, you presented a chain e-mail as evidence, and THEN the email claims that stopping drinking diet soda made the crippled able to walk.

Pardon our skepticism. I was kind of starting to buy into the "aspartame is unhealthy" stuff, and have actually gone several days without it. This has kind of set the cause back a bit with me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#44]
well I wouldn't call aspertain poison, but three weeks after kicking  it
my wings are shiny, my claws sharp, and I don't get disoriented between dimentions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

DHMO Is Common Beverage Additive

New revelations about Dihydrogen Monoxide and its use in the beverage industry indicate that nearly
all beverages contain some amount of the potentially dangerous chemical compound.

A current study reveals that far from being uncommon, Dihydrogen Monoxide is used as an additive by
every major beverage manufacturer in the world. The study found that Dihydrogen Monoxide was never
explicitly named on any beverage label.

DHMO has been found in beer, milk, baby formula, champagne, wine, distilled spirits, carbonated drinks, sports drinks, and even in "pure" bottled water.

DHMO Linked to Winter Traffic Accidents

Dihydrogen monoxide has been detected in "black ice" on roadways, which has been linked with many fatal
and near-fatal traffic accidents.  Caution should be exercised when driving during winter months, or whenever possibly DHMO-contaminated "black ice" is present.

Dangerous sheeting of melted and refrozen "black  ice" is facilitated by the presence of DHMO. During warm-cold weather cycles, additional care should be taken when driving, walking or jogging when sheeted "black ice" is present.

Crystalline DHMO has been found mixed with winter precipitation, although this appears to be a regional phenomenon.  The dangers of crystalline DHMO are similar to that of DHMO found in "black ice", although sensible precautions can eliminate many hazards.

Politicians Foil DHMO Legislation in 2000

During this election year in the United States, and even moreso as the election grows near, politicians
are avoiding dealing with difficult DHMO legislation. Several theories ranging from the influence of big oil to the "special interests" abound, but recently new evidence has come to light.

An as-yet-unpublished report dealing with DHMO use among politicians, and those running for elected
office, provides startling insight into why there has been a lack of effort on the part of government to legislate the routine daily use of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

In Texas, Tennessee and Arkansas, respective home state of Presidential candidates Gov. George W.
Bush, Vice President Al Gore, as well as the current President of the United States, Bill Clinton,
routine use of DHMO by politicians, include these three just mentioned, is commonplace.  Meanwhile, in
Minneapolis, Gov. Jesse Ventura routinely and brazenly ingests DHMO from a plastic tumbler while
conducting nationally televised on-camera interviews. Both Bush and Gore were seen during
televised political debates drinking what later turned out to be beverages containing measurable amounts of DHMO.

And so, with all of the rhetoric about "change" and a "new attitude" in Washington, it appears that with
regards to the issue of DHMO use, it will be "business as usual" for politicians.  It is worth noting that Presidential candidate Ralph Nader has not dodged DHMO-related issues, while candidate Pat Buchanan has failed to address those same issues.  Concerned citizens, as always, are urged to become informed consumers and be aware of DHMO, its uses and dangers.  Additionally, citizens may choose to contact their elected representatives and bring these important issues to their attention.

Although it is not standard policy for DHMO.org and its researchers to politicize these issues, we feel
that in this case it is justified.  We apologize in advance if there are those who disagree.

From:  http://www.dhmo.org   Keeping gullible people informed.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 4:08:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Aspartame is one of many really bad things you shouldn't eat. Doesn't mean I avoid all products with aspartame - but I know most "Diet" products contain it. My mother has read up on nutrition her whole life like arfcom reads up on guns and it's one of those things you should avoid. There are documented cases of aspartame causing brain tumors. Course, if you're smoking Marlboro Reds and doing shots of whiskey every night - aspartame probably isn't a health concern. Excess amounts of red meat, hydrogenated foods, and trans fats/saturated fats are all bad for you. If you don't know what on earth the ingredients - there's a chance it's not good for you. Again - I don't eat a Mediterranean diet and live off of organic vegetables while chugging down Cod Liver oil to increase longevity. I prefer not to be a lab rat though I have no illusions to living till I'm 100. Again - I don't live off of fruits/veggies and Omega 3/6. Just utilize common sense and don't buy into stupid commercialism thinking a lab created chemical is good for your body.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Everyone who ate carrots in 1812 is now dead. Ban the carrots!.

Seriously. I used to get headaches after consuming products containing aspartame. I stopped consuming the products. I didn't launch a campaign to ban a product that millions of other consumers use daily with no ill effects.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Well when there is a problem at the Coke factory we call the HAZMAT boys, very bad stuff there, but if you mix it just right it makes coke and rust remover.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#49]
About 4-years ago, I started having a problem with a heart erythmia, which in simple terms means that my heart began skipping beats. It scared the crap out of me when I noticed it because I had never had any kind of heart problems at all. So, I went to a cardiologist and went through a heart stress test. When I got to the last stage where they measured my heart function under physical stress, the doctor didn't even bother finishing it. He said that my heart got stronger under stress, not weaker, which is what would be expected of a healthy heart. That really wasn't a surprise to me, but it still didn't explain the erythmia. The doctor said that this condition was fairly common and in cases like mine where the heart was otherwise normally healthy, it posed no health risk. The doc gave me some Beta Blockers and scheduled another appointment for six months from then.

I hate taking drugs of any kind, even something common like aspirin or Tylenol. I particularly despise taking drugs that do nothing but mask symptons of a problem without doing anything to remedy the cause. Of course, that philosophy puts me at odds with standard protocols of the whole drug dominant medical industry. So, I began to examine my diet to look for possible causes for the heart problem (or "non-problem" as the medical industry sees it). At the time I was drinking quite a lot of diet sodas containing aspartame. I drank them thinking that as a non-caloric sweetner, aspartame sweetened drinks would be better that those sweetened with sugar (and/or high fructose corn syrup).

Having lived through the introduction and recall of cyclamates, and the scrutiny that caused  saccherine warning labels, I started to check out aspartame. I read through all the data, theories, and warnings about it. And I read through the whole sorid details of the approval process with FDA which contains facts about the process that should make anyone suspicious regardless of the actual validity of the claims against aspartame. At the very least, a substance that the body converts to methyl alcohol, formaldehyde, and formic acid (all toxins) can't have a neutral effect on the body for long. I decided to eliminate aspartame from my diet as an experiment to see if it might be a possible cause of the erythmia I was experiencing. If aspartame was not the culprit, then I shouldn't notice any change in my condition, I hypothisized. I set a realistic goal of six months off aspartame as a sufficient time frame for the experiment.

Within two months I began to notice a lower frequency rate of the erythmias. Where they had occured continually before (as in every hour of the day), they now only occurred occasionally throughout the day (as in once or twice every 2-3 hours. By the end of the fifth month, the erythmias ceased entirely. During this process I noticed something else of significance. I had joint pain, particularly in my knees, for several years. I had always attributed it to the years of basketball that I had played. I had tried all kinds of natural remedies to relieve the pain, but they offered only partial relief. Today, I have no more joint pain and I stopped with the natural remidies I was taking. Oh, I still have the usual joint stiffness that a very active 56 year old man would have (mostly temporary after being motionless for awhile). But...the limp causing pain was gone, and so was the pain and stiffnes in my shoulders and elbows.

I've had a couple of my doctor friends suggest that the evidence from my experiment is only anecdotal since it didn't involve a large double blind study with 100 of more control patients and a 50% placebo group. But as I said to them in answer to this, I don't really give a rat's ass if it is anecdotal evidence. It is a direct cause and effect relationship in my particular case. I know that the evidence in my experiment bears out my hypothesis that aspartame was causing my heart erythmia, and as it turns out, the joint pain I had that wasn't even a part of the experiment. Let someone else do the clinical study, I got my answer.

So, to the naysayers I say, scoff if if you like, it doesn't matter to me. All the scoffing and doubting in the world won't sway my opinion because I've proven a direct cause and effect in the only experiment that matters to me....my own health.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#50]
If it hurts, stop doing it.

A small percentage of the population is quite sensitive to aspartame and should not be ingesting it. The same thing can be said for many food additives and many foods. Some people are sensitive to wheat, corn, milk, peanuts, etc. The answer is they should just not ingest things they are sensitive to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top