Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 2:08:04 PM EDT
I called the local supply house, 6"X20' pipe cost $57, fine, that can make 4 tubes, but the caps were going to run $32 for glue on cap, $52 for the pipe plug that screws in and $47 for the glue on piece w/ threads.

What's a cheap way to plug the ends and be removeable?

These are NOT for burial! They will just be stored in a shitty building with leaky roof and potential for flooding.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I called the local supply house, 6"X20' pipe cost $57, fine, that can make 4 tubes, but the caps were going to run $32 for glue on cap, $52 for the pipe plug that screws in and $47 for the glue on piece w/ threads.

These are NOT for burial! They will just be stored in a shitty building with leaky roof and potential for flooding.

Home Depot has black rubber caps that secure with an included hose clamp.  Used for testing and to prevent construction debris from entering open pipes.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Home Depot has black rubber caps that secure with an included hose clamp.  Used for testing and to prevent construction debris from entering open pipes.

They're called FERNCO CAPS

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
rocket boxes, 6x12x32 under $10
split an AR, both halves fit nicely
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're called FERNCO CAPS

Fernco caps rule
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The screw on clean out traps can't be counted on to be totally water proof.  If you use caulk on the treads they are almost impossible to get off in the field.

IMHO spend the money on the glue on end caps, is the best way to go.   Wrap the tube with survey string.  When you need to open the tube sawing the PVC with the string will get you inside fast.

Long post on this HERE  My post is at the bottom of the page.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The screw on clean out traps can't be counted on to be totally water proof.  If you use caulk on the treads they are almost impossible to get off in the field.

IMHO spend the money on the glue on end caps, is the best way to go.   Wrap the tube with survey string.  When you need to open the tube sawing the PVC with the string will get you inside fast.

Long post on this HERE  My post is at the bottom of the page.

LOL, I'm not burying these things. I just need a dry place because my storage place is pretty shitty. Just food saver bags wasn't good enough because rats chewed through it and pissed all over my guns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]
this is not a poor mans hobby.

if you want quality, your going to pay for it.

get the screw on caps.

or if your cheap ,duct tape some tupperware bowls on top.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
This was in a link posted above, and although it doesn't help the OP, I found it pretty interesting none the less!  buried for 15 years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top