Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2008 12:09:17 PM EDT
I found some "oil cans" that appear identical to regular MFCs (US Mil plastic type, not NATO).  I have never seen an "oil can" like these and think it is a regular MFC, mislabeled by the guy selling them.  Any idea if there is a 5 gallon oil can that looks like an MFC?  If it is an oil can, would it still work for gas storage with a Viton gasket added?  The screw on unleaded nozzle fits them, and they are only $8.  Thanks for shedding any light on these.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]

I dun'no, I've never seen one for "oil"

Care to share your source for the nozzle? IM me
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an "oil can" because itis illegal to sell a non-CARB complaint "gas" can in many states.

It is legal, however, to sell an "oil" can.

Ops

ETA:  Got a link?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged for the link

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I would love to know the source as well if your willing to share...IM would be fine :)
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto for Info

IM me if ya get a chance
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah I would love to know the source as well if your willing to share...IM would be fine :)

+1

I was just about to get some el cheapo fuel cans and would be very interested in something a bit better quality.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
put me down for some of that linkage...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Major's call the Euro can an "oil can" but they don't show any MFCs:  Euro military steel oil can

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I would hook everyone up, but the price is wholesale and requires them to be bought in pallet loads (60 to a pallet).  I thought about a group buy, but once they are remailed, the shipping would prevent them from being any kind of deal.  I'll look into the shipping just in case I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would hook everyone up, but the price is wholesale and requires them to be bought in pallet loads (60 to a pallet).  I thought about a group buy, but once they are remailed, the shipping would prevent them from being any kind of deal.  I'll look into the shipping just in case I'm wrong.

That's fine with me. If they have a bunch, maybe different members from the same general local can order a pallet together and split it among st themselves? I know I'd like to get at least 8 more of them for the right price.

Can I ask how much they want for a pallet of them and does this price include shipping?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fine with me. If they have a bunch, maybe different members from the same general local can order a pallet together and split it among st themselves? I know I'd like to get at least 8 more of them for the right price.

Can I ask how much they want for a pallet of them and does this price include shipping?

Shipping is extra, I'll find out how much.  Might take a few days, going out of town for the holiday.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shipping is extra, I'll find out how much.  Might take a few days, going out of town for the holiday.

No problem. Just let me know. IM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
www.jerrycans.org
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#14]
in for 10 if we can get the shipping handled want
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top