Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 2:22:08 PM EDT
OK guys....so you have your chest rigs, vests, all the ammo stored up in pouches, any other preps you need for a SHTF scenerio........all except one thing, a cleaning kit for the rifles and handguns.  Do you guys carry this gear on your vests or chest rigs??  in a tin? store bought kit(otis), couple of bore snakes and thats all??  describe your set up, where its stored, and pics would be good.......thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
A full cleaning kit is something for your pack.
I have a USGI kit with better jags, solvent and patches.
The Otis kit is nice, but no rigid cleaning rod.

However, the one thing that you should always have with our rifle is a disassembled USGI rod.

Failures to extract are disaster.

You can feed my rifle one-by-one, but one FTE will wreck your whole day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
good idea.....so does everyone carry a disassembled rod with them on vest or chest rig?  I wantto know what everyone has on them at all times......the cleaning kit goes in the pack.....but what will you have on you?  thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
good idea.....so does everyone carry a disassembled rod with them on vest or chest rig?  I wantto know what everyone has on them at all times......the cleaning kit goes in the pack.....but what will you have on you?  thanks guys

I keep a complete GI cleaning kit in the buttstock of my rifles, never use them for cleaning....  they are just there 'in case of emergency'.

Of course, I don't have an M4gery. (yet)
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Otis universal.  It'll clean any handgun or rifle, is about the size of a McDonald's hamburger, and is tough as hell.  I wouldn't trade mine for any other cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Otis universal.  It'll clean any handgun or rifle, is about the size of a McDonald's hamburger, and is tough as hell.  I wouldn't trade mine for any other cleaning kit.

Agreed.

I also carry a USGI cleaning kit on my gear.  

Two is one..

Ops
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

I also carry a USGI cleaning kit on my gear.  

Two is one..

Ops

+1

As well as a bore snake, extra jags and brush's and a small bottle of CLP. They are in one of my utility pouch's on my TT MAV with other gear I hope I never have to use.

If two is one, and one is none, three must be for fun.

BT

Edit: cause I'm an idiot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top