Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 2:23:43 PM EDT
I did a search and could  not find anything on this here. Sorry if a dupe.
how long can the packets last (such as mayo, catchup, mustard, ect) I have lots of them sitting in my fridge though they say they require no refrigeration that range from jelly, peanut butter, to soy sauce)

I would think these would be just like sealed containers and last for a bit.

Plus the price is right if you grab a handful at each visit to any fast food place
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've wondered this myself,Tagged for answers...

I do know about taco bell mild sauce and hot sauce though,when I worked there as a kid the boxes had  a 17 year shelf life.I'd imagine they'd last longer,just wouldn't taste too hot,so what's the point after that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldnt try it after 3 or 4 years. Thats me though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Heinz Corp. Products

Product -- Shelf Life
     (for a single serving)

* Ketchup -- 7 months
   * Chopped onions -- 7 months
   * Mayonnaise -- 8 months
   * Fat-free mayonnaise -- 8 months
   * Relish -- 9 months
   * Mild taco sauce -- 9 months
   * Hot taco sauce -- 4 months
   * Yellow mustard -- 9 months
   * BBQ sauce -- 9 months
   * Steak sauce -- 9 months
   * Tartar sauce -- 8 months
   * Horseradish sauce -- 8 months
   * Cocktail sauce -- 9 months
     Tabasco sauce -- 8 months

Taco Bell

Sauce packets (fire, hot and mild) are best used within 120 days.

However, due to their popularity, the restaurant said they average less than 30 days in the stores.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a bunch put back, dug a couple packs of mustard out the other night it was about a year old) it was really nasty looking so I kneaded the packs some and it still looked nasty, I opened it and it smelled (not like mustard) so I have ditched all the mustard and mayo. Ketchup is next.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had a bunch put back, dug a couple packs of mustard out the other night it was about a year old) it was really nasty looking so I kneaded the packs some and it still looked nasty, I opened it and it smelled (not like mustard) so I have ditched all the mustard and mayo. Ketchup is next.

Ha Ha, sounds like me.  I usually save my extras and use them at home.   I've had some for a long time, and after several months, the ketchup doesn't taste very good, even if it has been in the fridge all the time.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sounds abought right, we used to keep all the left overs at work tell I went digging for some katchup, it was all nasty. So we chucked all of it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have about 2 pounds of taco bell packets. They have been here in the fridge for about 2 years. Let me go and taste a few. I'll let you know if I get the runs.

On a side note. I see people eat out of trash cans and they are still alive. There has got to be a bum rule of law somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got rid of some Hot mustard and sweet sour sauce that I'd had in the fridge a long time...didn't look good or tatse right. not spoiled ,just not the way it should be. Guess I'll go thru the rest of ketchups n stuff,and clear it all out...I just hate having to hit the fast food places fo more, lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
There is nothing saying you cant use these packets for everyday use. Then use the money you would have spent for ketchup etc. for other preps.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have about 2 pounds of taco bell packets. They have been here in the fridge for about 2 years. Let me go and taste a few. I'll let you know if I get the runs.

On a side note. I see people eat out of trash cans and they are still alive. There has got to be a bum rule of law somewhere.

Well FACTS didn't come back so guess the Taco smell sauce wasn't good.
Dibs on his guns and ammo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top