Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 10:24:05 AM EDT
Will the .gov ban body armor, helmets, NV devices from public purchase or is it all hype?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Helmets?  I doubt it.

Body Armor and NVG's?  I could see that happening.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Helmets?  I doubt it.

why would they?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Helmets?  I doubt it.

why would they?

same reason they ban everything else. they dont want the public to have the same or better advantage as the po po.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I think a liberal administration and Congress will likely go after things like that- lasers, NV equipment, body armor, etc.  They got hurt electorially after their last gun control round, and might be a little"gun shy" for a big push right off the bat.  But these other items can be portrayed as "fringe" even more so to the masses, and are likely to be a first step.

Alternatively, I would not be surprised to see NV and lasers moved to the ATF's juridiction, where they can be regulated out of existence even without supporting laws...  

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
one simple word

WHY?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I see great big letters on my crystal billboard that says in the near future, "Sales of this item Restricted To Law Enforcement Only" or "We can not ship to the following locations..."

That's right, 'po po' has to keep the upper hand even if it means you die in the process.

Talk about control freak government. That's why it's important to get your gear now before the communists take hold next year.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard that Congress even put phased-plasma rifles in the 40-gigawatt range in the ban, for the children of course.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
-1 banning phased plasma rifles.

yes, they will probably attempt to ban or regulate anything they can, have you all not seen the proposed bill online?  Its bad.  Real    real  bad.  Get what you can now.

-Green
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where has this even been discussed?  First I've heard of it.

Same here.  How long has this been in the works?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
If they don't ban them then items like this will fall into the hands of terrorists and our enemies.  Police already have to arm themselves like the military.  Think of the children!  It will be in the name of national security.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Just because some douchebag liberal might want to ban NV, or body armor, that doesn't mean that police really give a crap.  It's cool to have, but not a necessity in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just because some douchebag liberal might want to ban NV, or body armor, that doesn't mean that police really give a crap.  It's cool to have, but not a necessity in my opinion.

Sounds like you have never been on the receiving end of a bullet before.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like you have never been on the receiving end of a bullet before.

I'll secod that one. it sucks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember seeing a story about some politician wanting to ban laser aiming devises because they made the gun more accurate or made it easier to hit your target without aiming.  Something like that I can't remember the details its been awhile.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm.  Let's see...

Obama in the White House.

Liberals in control of both houses of Congress.

Ah yes, I predict that pretty soon your Second Amendment rights will be limited to those big squirtguns that you can buy at Toys R' Us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:13:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I am surprised to hear folks asking "why?"  Come on- we're talking about restrictions from the same folks who outlawed pistol grips, barrel shrouds, folding stocks, etc etc.  Ask anyone who collects military vehicles- the reduction in what civilians are allowed to have has been irrational but continuous.  Our hobby will be the same.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:39:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am surprised to hear folks asking "why?"  Come on- we're talking about restrictions from the same folks who outlawed pistol grips, barrel shrouds, folding stocks, etc etc.  Ask anyone who collects military vehicles- the reduction in what civilians are allowed to have has been irrational but continuous.  Our hobby will be the same.

The reason I asked "why?" is because I have not heard or read of anything that would make me consider them thinking about it. Now I did a search and they have the "craigslist" story, is that what this is related to?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#19]
They will try.  They have tried before.  They will try again.  

This is why I buy everything from individuals.  This is why I buy all my reloading supplies and ammo for cash.  No checks.  No credit card slips (I don't have a cc anyway.  Long story)

If they want my weapons, they will have to take them the hard way.  

This is easy folks.  Your government will try to screw you, no matter who is in the white house and who controls the senate.  These people are there for their own ends.  It is no longer a government for or by the people.  McCain is all for amnesty for the illegals.  Obama will try to take our guns.  The republican party no longer has a standard bearer.  We have a wuss who is more interested in his career than what the people he claims to represent want from him.  

If you guys are willing to help, I am willing to buy all the tea.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where has this even been discussed?  First I've heard of it.

Same here.  How long has this been in the works?

That's how you know it is going to happen.  Keeping it all secrety first.   Then POW!! no more flashlights for civilians.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ah yes, I predict that pretty soon your Second Amendment rights will be limited to those big squirtguns that you can buy at Toys R' Us.

Incorrect... Those are banned also. Heavy restrictions are being weighed on what some people call, "Love guns."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top