Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 5:44:53 PM EDT
i dont no how well they will work but im leaving them up tonight cause its gonna rain i cant wait to see how they turn out in the morning.  My guess is we though.  I tried my best but they didnt look near as good as some other ones posted.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Are we talking tarp and lean-to type?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
if you sleep in one of them you won't have to wait till morning to find out if it leaks ...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am surprized at how little the topic is broached in my "survival" text books or on forums. I mean, they say "build a shelter" but don't go into detail. WHat kind of knots should you use to lash limbs, how should you orient them, ect.

Back when I used to watch survivor I always found the shelter building part interesting. I wish I could find a source that dealt souly on that one topic, in detail.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am surprized at how little the topic is broached in my "survival" text books or on forums. I mean, they say "build a shelter" but don't go into detail. WHat kind of knots should you use to lash limbs, how should you orient them, ect.

Back when I used to watch survivor I always found the shelter building part interesting. I wish I could find a source that dealt souly on that one topic, in detail.

theres a book that has a shelter building section its "THE SAS Escape, Evasion & Survival Manual by Barry Davies BEM show a different shelter for about every enviroment you could come across
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks! I'll have to check that out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top