Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 2:25:33 AM EDT
well not really

our AO water service went down.....
NOW the big let down..... no riots,  and no choas... i sat here  and drank cold one watchin' the .mil channel with no problems...
BUT
our work service was flooded with calls for 2 hours, we had to least go check on the lines, and then wait once it was found it was a city issue.

i had to give myself a bitch bath outta the wifes large tupperware bowl she loved that.
but..since  gravity was in my favor. i was able to  turn on my hot h20, in the tub and fill up 3 empty 5 gallon buckets. Now while i did not need this h20 per say, why break out the shtf stash that weighs twice as much i was lazy sorry.
the h20 heater is gas so it was hard boiling away as the water level dropped... so for safty i turned it down.
plus side is i had 15 gallons of "extra" to use to flush the toilet,boil for h20, etc etc etc

which by the way i had to institute the
" if its yellow let it mellow" rule on the wife as soon as she got home
i didnt get any pity from her on having to "bath" outta the bowl... she flat out said " you've had to do worse on your backpacking trips..."

so guys.... dont let  em' know  if ya rough it while in the woods,, ya  cant get any upper hand on em' with a guilt trip on how hard ya had it

i am kinda shocked though about the lack of "sheep" issues. I think it is mainly to the fact that ,, the power was still on.
We have had a few several hour power outages in bad storms here, and it gets a lil crazy once theres no cable tv,hbo, or BET. folks  outside yellin why the power is out, chaseing down the power trucks, flagging us down asking why the TV and A/C aint working!
I guess water is low on teh prioty list fer some.
just a  observation,,,

and well since there hasnt been a OMG the sky is falling shtf thread fer a few days figured i'd post up one of those mundane, boreing lil shtf events life throws  at ya!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
So that's why my water pressure was so low.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
A "bitch bath?" LOL!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A "bitch bath?" LOL!

Got my morning laugh in
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Any idea when you will have water again?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Any idea when you will have water again?

it was restored last night,, but we are under a boil notice..
no big deal for me really as i have over 60 gallons stocked plus the 15 i drained out last night for "in case"

a water main was broke  on the main drag here in  dirtona so im sure the notice is city wide as that drag goes straight to oneo fthe water facilties
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So that's why my water pressure was so low.

shoulda came over if yer in the same town,, i'd had a cold one waitin' on ya
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess we created a pseudo-shtf situation yesterday for a lot of folks on the south end of the county. A neighboring dept had a big fire at a salvage yard out in the county. We were performing a relay pumping operation. We tied into the hydrant and pumped water to another engine who pumped water to another engine who then pumped water to another engine at the fire scene. I kid you not the county water authority showed up and told us to turn off the hydrant, that we were using too much water and that we were preventing the flow of water to residences on the same line.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#9]
This is one reason why I'm glad we have a well, forever running natural springs, a pond, and a trout stream on our property.... Living in the sticks has it's benefits... Free-flowing natually high quality no cost water is one of them, the other is plently of self-replicating foods sources...
KDX
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
well not really

our AO water service went down.....
NOW the big let down..... no riots,  and no choas... i sat here  and drank cold one watchin' the .mil channel with no problems...
BUT
our work service was flooded with calls for 2 hours, we had to least go check on the lines, and then wait once it was found it was a city issue.

i had to give myself a bitch bath outta the wifes large tupperware bowl she loved that.
but..since  gravity was in my favor. i was able to  turn on my hot h20, in the tub and fill up 3 empty 5 gallon buckets. Now while i did not need this h20 per say, why break out the shtf stash that weighs twice as much i was lazy sorry.
the h20 heater is gas so it was hard boiling away as the water level dropped... so for safty i turned it down.
plus side is i had 15 gallons of "extra" to use to flush the toilet,boil for h20, etc etc etc

which by the way i had to institute the
" if its yellow let it mellow" rule on the wife as soon as she got home
i didnt get any pity from her on having to "bath" outta the bowl... she flat out said " you've had to do worse on your backpacking trips..."

so guys.... dont let  em' know  if ya rough it while in the woods,, ya  cant get any upper hand on em' with a guilt trip on how hard ya had it

i am kinda shocked though about the lack of "sheep" issues. I think it is mainly to the fact that ,, the power was still on.
We have had a few several hour power outages in bad storms here, and it gets a lil crazy once theres no cable tv,hbo, or BET. folks  outside yellin why the power is out, chaseing down the power trucks, flagging us down asking why the TV and A/C aint working!
I guess water is low on teh prioty list fer some.
just a  observation,,,

and well since there hasnt been a OMG the sky is falling shtf thread fer a few days figured i'd post up one of those mundane, boreing lil shtf events life throws  at ya!

I am sure you did this, but I will say it for those who may not know.

Shut off your water heater BEFORE draining any water out of it. Otherwise, the bitch baths will continue even when you have water again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top