Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 2:10:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a point. You'd be surprised what you can get away with. If the time ever comes, it's you or them. Who will you choose?

What carrier is that anyhow? I don't know body armor at all.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What armor is that? It looks decent.

I need armor.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Look like a a victim, and you will get noticed. Act like a predator and you will not get noticed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry a .44 magnum "concealed" sometimes when I am bow or muzzleloading hunting, and I always thought it was a bit tof a joke because I assumed everybody would notice it.  The thing is enormous.  But in the last five years or so, only one person has even looked twice. Even cops I have been talking to didn't see it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You would be surprised how many guardsmen do foot marchs with IBA and rucksacks to keep in shape. Cops around here pay it no mind, they just assume your in the .mil.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
good write up,  but my money says same outfit, same walk WITH the AK gets you noticed REAL FAST.

I'm just sayin....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
good write up,  but my money says same outfit, same walk WITH the AK(M4) gets you noticed REAL FAST.

I'm just sayin....
In a SHTF type situation the .auth may think your some kind of PSD or Guard, keep it close to .mil and it may fly...AK will get a response though...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You would be surprised how many guardsmen do foot marchs with IBA and rucksacks to keep in shape. Cops around here pay it no mind, they just assume your in the .mil.

+100  That's exactly what anyone in my AO would assume of course we got ourselves a big ole army base.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
so how many cops usually pass by when you go out on your walks?  are you sure that they were all differen t and not the same 2 or 3?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is there no steak in that picture?

You weren't breaking any laws, although if you dragged that story out any longer to make your point you may have.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#12]
You are right that most people are oblivious to their surroundings.

However, in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI situation I think people will be paying attention to who people are and what they have.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
IMHO i think the OP is full of shit and just wanted topost pictures of  some fancy gear so he  could brag about... why ya think its all laid out with some weapons and nbc gear,,it was doen to impress other SF'rs here,,
man y ou guys are gulible... i mean  hell how even walks outside these days let alone in fla, right now. Its like 100000f at 11pm,,let alone 9pm,, near pavement etc. THATs the reason i think this post is fake, made up and soley posted for the purpose of bragging rights to some molle gear....................

i get looks for wearing a small OD hydration pack,,,, but maybes thats cuz they are surprised to see a fat ass  walking i dunno
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Doing weird shit in the company of a middle class white-woman, somehow furnishes an automatic, unspoken, yet integral explanation. Try the same walk alone.....preferably in 'black-face'!  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#15]
do that walk again with the mask on and have a friend follow inconspicuously with a video camera
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMHO i think the OP is full of shit and just wanted topost pictures of  some fancy gear so he  could brag about... why ya think its all laid out with some weapons and nbc gear,,it was doen to impress other SF'rs here,,
man y ou guys are gulible... i mean  hell how even walks outside these days let alone in fla, right now. Its like 100000f at 11pm,,let alone 9pm,, near pavement etc. THATs the reason i think this post is fake, made up and soley posted for the purpose of bragging rights to some molle gear....................

i get looks for wearing a small OD hydration pack,,,, but maybes thats cuz they are surprised to see a fat ass  walking i dunno

.. dickhead.

J

just saying what i see ...we all know you took the pictures,,grabbed a cold one,, and walked to the CPU with it on an dthat was it. reason the wife gave  you a look was you were in your skivies.. and socks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:57:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Aim, is that a Sidewinder vest? If so, does it carry both soft armor and plates?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Probably not a fair test... everyone was probably checking out your wife.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:27:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#22]
If you are overt people assume you are military or LE.  Simple as that.

Wear your armor and a ski mask and walk in forn of a bank and hide behind a car every time you see a cop and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
good write up,  but my money says same outfit, same walk WITH the AK(M4) gets you noticed REAL FAST.

I'm just sayin....
In a SHTF type situation the .auth may think your some kind of PSD or Guard, keep it close to .mil and it may fly...AK will get a response though...

After Hurricane Katrina, TRG and I went to New Orleans to help LordTrader move back to dallas.  We both took our ar's and sidearms.  When we walked into the hotel with out weapons (in assault rifle bags) no one even looked twice at us.  One guy asked us how we were doing, and we said "tired".  He replied, I bet.

That was it.

Look like you belong, and your problems will be smaller.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Aim4myhead,

I've noticed the same thing from time to time.  People get used to certain patterns and surroundings, and then subconsciously ignore things that are out of the norm or find a way to rationalize things so they fit into the norm.

For example, a few months back I was at an emergency preparedness store and the girl behind the counter asked for my ID when I paid with my credit card.  I accidently handed her my CCL instead of my drivers license (the two look similar in Utah).  The girl glanced at it, saw that it was issued by the state, and handed it back to me without even realizing what it was. My wife and I burst out laughing (embarrased) when we saw which ID I had handed her.  The girl responded that she assumed that I was a state employee.

The point is that people want normalcy and many, though not all, will find ways to excuse sights or behaviors that seem different in a hope to keep the world "normal" in their own mind.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#26]
10 cops pass by??

Oh I'd say you were noticed unless you live near a police headquarters.   Everyone getting a good look at your face, I bet.  You've been marked  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Probably not a fair test... everyone was probably checking out your wife.

A4MH is wearing all his gear while his wife walks around in lingerie, and he wonders why the police ignore him!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
10 cops pass by??

Oh I'd say you were noticed unless you live near a police headquarters.   Everyone getting a good look at your face, I bet.  You've been marked  

I'm 5 miles from their HQ.

J

see  i told ya all it was faked,,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top