Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2007 5:33:35 AM EDT
Anybody carry one?

I picked up a little CRKT one the other day cuz it was so cheap and to experience all the internet hype of an ubercool kneck knife (or is it neck nife? ;) ).

Nice little blade.

But I cant really see wearing it everyday.  Maybe in the summer when wearing shorts/t-shirt/flip-flops?

YMMV

Anybody a hard core neck knife guy?

Link Posted: 9/28/2007 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody carry one?

that's usually where I try to aim mine....

Never really saw the need w/all the new fangled pocket clip knives. easy enough to wear one inside the waist band of your shorts and have a much better knife than the typical knecknife ...
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Becker Necker and recently ordered a Buck 860. However, I usually attach neck knives by snap-link to my belt loop or to other gear. I don't like having stuff dangle off my neck.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
i had one, was a bitch to try and reshealth one handed. ,
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used a TOPS CAT kneck knife on and off for the past 5 years or so.  It works well in alot of applications when a folder dosen't.  Like with a suit, or out jogging, on when roaming around in a Tshirt and shorts.  I also attached a faux-ton and whistle to the chain for a micro kit that I can have on all the time, even when I don't have my  pants on.

A tucked in shirt, like a polo and dress pants, is a no go for the neck knife.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Which model did you get?

I got a neck knife and it's pretty handy. I use it when I run, bike, or want to keep the fact that I have a knife under wraps.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry the CRKT one seen on the right side of this photo.

Depending on what I'm working, I might carry, this one instead:
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a couple of CRKT  "Neckpeck"s.  They're great.  Stainless, lightweight, and inexpensive. I usually carry something bigger but. the pecks fit under any shirt and sometimes a larger knife clipped to the pocket is a bit too "tactical" looking. OTOH, the CCW is usually part of the plan, too.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I wear a SOG Outline S090 almost everyday.  Funny thing is that i use the bottle opener on it more than i do the blade.  I work in surgery, so i like having a knife on me under my scrubs that i use for box slaying, or cutting tubing when we are cleaning up the room.  

Here's a link for it.  It's near the bottom of the page.  I can't find it for sale anywhere, except out of country sites... weird, cuz if i could find them, i'd buy a few for friends.  

jim

eta spell check
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Tried several of them, can't stand having things hanging around my neck.  I never found them to really be comfortable or concealable.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Hideaway Knife
I have one of the utility models.  Works pretty good, sharp as hell.  I like it because you can do other things with your hands when holding it.  But it is definitely a secondary or emergency knife option.  
I cut the heck out of my finger when I tried it as a keychain knife.  Note to self, I play pocket hockey too much to have a keychain knife.  They have alot of mounting options other than neck carry.  Note, I've had a custom one on order for about a year, hardly any progress.  But you can check for ones they have in stock, I got my utility model in just a week.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I have worn a Benchmade 160SBT around my neck along with an ARC-AAA religiously for the past several years.  I feel naked without it now.  I don't notice the weight at all.  The only time I notice it there when I don't reach for it is when I try to take a nap with it on and roll around, or when my girlfriend tries to give me a hug and I squeeze here ear against it.

I find it immensely useful. I always have a knife and light on me.  When I change my clothes it is still right there, when I go through stadium or amusement park type security they never pat down or wand my chest.  It is easily accessed left or right handed.  I use it on a daily basis.

It definitely took a couple of weeks to get used to it, but it has become so normal that I've taken my outer shirt off and had people kind of freak out when they see some big black thing hanging around my neck, as I'd forgotten it was there and to conceal it.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Cold Steel Stinger, Benchmade Tether and Snoody designed necker. I carry one of them when dressing for a nice dinner or working out. It doesn't look all "Redneck come to town" like my Emerson CQC 7.

BadKarma
Mike
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anybody carry one?

I picked up a little CRKT one the other day cuz it was so cheap and to experience all the internet hype of an ubercool kneck knife (or is it neck nife? ;) ).

Nice little blade.

But I cant really see wearing it everyday.  Maybe in the summer when wearing shorts/t-shirt/flip-flops?

YMMV

I don't get along well with sharp pointy items.  Sheathing one near my neck is just asking for trouble.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Not knocking them if yo have one, but they seem gimmicky to me.  A good folder with a clip is easy to get to (if I've injured an arm, I don't want to fumble through my clothing to get to it).
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:33:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I carry a Emerson La Griffe everyday and have for a few years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#16]
A second on the Hideaway UHAK.

However, I only carry around the neck when I wear shorts w/o a belt. It just won't be where you though it was when you need it the most.

I normally carry it on my weak side near my spare mag.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]
About two months ago I attended an excellent two day course that covered a LOT of different subjects. ( all survival related of course ) Among them was a handgun retention course.  The gentleman who taught that class stated that if you are going to carry a handgun, then you need to carry at least one knife also.  He carries more than one knife.  One is a neck knife.

Earlier in the year this gentleman was in South Africa hunting.  He noticed a woman admiring his neck knife.  He gave her the neck knife.  A couple of months later he gets an email from the woman.  She had been the victim of a car jacking.  The car jacker drove her out into the country side where he attemted to rape her.  She drew the neck knife and slashed at the dirtbag's groin.  She said that blood went everywhere and the dirtbag ran off into the African bush.  Hopefully she severed his femoral artery and he provided a nice meal for some of the African continents predators.

I just thought I would pass this story on.
Medicguy
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Okay, you guys have me thinking. I'm going to buy one and commit to wearing it to see what I think of it.  I'll get back to you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have used a TOPS CAT kneck knife on and off for the past 5 years or so.  It works well in alot of applications when a folder dosen't.  Like with a suit, or out jogging, on when roaming around in a Tshirt and shorts.  I also attached a faux-ton and whistle to the chain for a micro kit that I can have on all the time, even when I don't have my  pants on.
A tucked in shirt, like a polo and dress pants, is a no go for the neck knife.

I cant believe nobody has jumped on this one yet!!!
You run around with no pants on alot?

Na, I dont think I like the idea of having point objects, not even the kydex sheath, pointing upwards towards my throat. Falling down, or hitting the deck could get ugly real quick. I'll pass on the tracheotomy
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you sleep and shower with your utilities on?  Do you only go out for boots and utes runs, or do you wear PT shorts and go fasters?  

I like the neck knife for thoes times when I am not wearing my usual garb.  If I am walking around the house in only shorts and a T shirt I find it hard to have a folder with me.  

As for the sharp pointy end facing up, My TOPS C.A.T. sheath is kydex and squared off at the top.  I have a bigger issue with the sheath and chain pulling out chest hair.
YMMV
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Some pics i posted in another thread awhile back. Emerson LaGriff.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Do you sleep and shower with your utilities on?  Do you only go out for boots and utes runs, or do you wear PT shorts and go fasters?  

I like the neck knife for thoes times when I am not wearing my usual garb.  If I am walking around the house in only shorts and a T shirt I find it hard to have a folder with me.  

As for the sharp pointy end facing up, My TOPS C.A.T. sheath is kydex and squared off at the top.  I have a bigger issue with the sheath and chain pulling out chest hair.
YMMV

Holy shit man! did you just get out of boot camp or what? Go fasters haahhahaha that shit kills me.

I find that if I am in my house and need a knife....I would just go get one of them from my "Combat room." If I am in a situation at my house where I need rapid deployment of a knife for combat use...shame on me for letting them get in without knowing. My dog will belay the attack long enough for me to get to a pistol/rifle/shotgun.

My grandfather passed a very valuable piece of information to me. "If you gonna carry a knife, make sure its made out of chocolate. Cause someones gonna feed it to you."
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#23]
HAK Utility sits next to my CMG Infinity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top