Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2012 7:08:54 AM EDT
What's the ARFCOM equivalent for the boating community.  I'm specifically looking for help with a Zodiac MK I inflatable boat.  The inflatable was made in 86 and the last registration / usage was in 92.  Dang, has it been that long?

Any who, I assembled it and inflated it.  The different chambers have held it's pressure for the last 12 hours with no drops so it's still airtight .  The rubber, is still very flexible and soft.
I haven't seen this thing inflated since around 92 when my uncle past away so it would be awesome to put my kids in it and take them around like how my uncle did with my cousin and I.  Pipe dream?
Thanks

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I know nothing about inflatables.

iboats.com is a good forum, but i don't know about for inflatables...

thehulltruth.com isn't bad although i'm not a member there

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I know nothing about inflatables.

iboats.com is a good forum, but i don't know about for inflatables...

thehulltruth.com isn't bad although i'm not a member there

Yep, I found iboats.  Not as much activity as say ARFCOM but who can.

Thanks for the feedback.  At least I'm on the right track.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If it holds air..use it. We used to have inflatables (Avon's) in our rental fleet back in the early 90's (before I worked there) and two of them survive today and are being used as dingys on the owners yachts'. Notice I said yachts'..plural. Must be nice..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top