Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2017 9:01:19 AM EDT
I'm looking at getting either a 31 regulator or a 28T Contender. Looking for pros and cons of each and why? I live in Virginia and I have to run 70+ miles offshore and usually in 2-3ft waves. So any advice would be great on which one and why. If you have other suggestions they will be considered.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my 23' sailfish but I understand it's not in the same class of boats. A buddy of mine has a 27 Contender he repowered with twin Suzuki 300's and he loves it.

Link Posted: 11/14/2017 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
I love my 23' sailfish but I understand it's not in the same class of boats. A buddy of mine has a 27 Contender he repowered with twin Suzuki 300's and he loves it.

https://image.ibb.co/cM7jxb/IMG_1075.jpg
View Quote
Very pretty boat!
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:24:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KELBEAST] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mallard386:

Very pretty boat!
View Quote
You should see his Instagram pics of the boat and his fish! I still haven't gotten to ride on it. Too busy with the house to fish

http://instagram.com/kyle.floyd28
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Regulator will be much more stable, better riding, and dryer due to the pronounced Carolina flare. The Contender will be lighter, faster, and better on fuel. My stepdad owned a Regulator 26FS about 10 years ago, and that thing rode extremely well, and inspired confidence when the seas got ugly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Still looking?

I have extensive experience on both brands on many different sizes.

You really can’t compare those two models.
The contender 28 is a much smaller boat than the Regulator 31

If you are still looking shoot me a PM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top