Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/8/2008 8:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA]
Today the bite was great.  Dad and I went at 2pm to catch the last of the income tide and being of the outgoing. We stopped and got 4 dozen live shrimp and headed are way to Saw Pit Creek near Nassau sound bridge. Had most of the bridge 2 are selves. Conditions were PERFECT. First cast dad was hooked uped. Then it went on from there. We landed over 25 fish some blues mixed in with  the trouts. We landed are limit and then we started to cull what we had and gave them to few guys on the bridge. I landed 2 fish over 20 inches. Landed on legal size Sheephead too. Well what a great day it was, cant wait to go again soon.

Link Posted: 12/9/2008 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 8:35:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#2]
After they are fillet out, this is only 7 of the fish ,I gave a few away . They illed up a gallon bag, these fish are fattttttttttt this year.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 5:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#3]
Todays catch...... We started at the crack of DAWN,(First pic is the moon). It was COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD with that wind blowin. The moon was FULL, last of the incoming it was at 8am. We landed Sea trout about 25, most were half inch too small. 3 black drum too small, and 2 rat reds at 17 and HALF inches.. Dad landed to biggest one, she was 21 inches long.Weakfish were in the mix with one good Whiting. Birds were biting too.

Link Posted: 12/13/2008 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you post on the Florida Sportsman forum?
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont think I have.
Originally Posted By Q3131A:
Do you post on the Florida Sportsman forum?

Link Posted: 12/15/2008 9:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#6]
Todays catch. Mostly Weakfish (yellowmouth trout) and some nice Sea Trouts. Day was nice and the Gnats were on fire, my arms look like a pin cushin with all the bites on them.. At least friends and dad and I had a good day. It was Litos first time catchin fish on a  slip float rig, he is hooked now. HAHA.

Link Posted: 12/16/2008 1:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
funny yall must be on the atlantic

here sea trout=speck
yellow mouth weak fish=white trout
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#8]
great catch tuna!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 11:23:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#9]
We call them specks too. Your white trout is not the same as are but very close. I have landed Sand Sea trout ( white trout) before in the gulf. Sand trout dont get as big a the Weakfish.
Originally Posted By emcs31089:
funny yall must be on the atlantic

here sea trout=speck
yellow mouth weak fish=white trout

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
those are nice trout ! weird how the FLA trout have black tails and the NC ones are clear/tannish
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
It might be water color . We have 2 major rivers here. St. Johns has alot of tanic acid in it causing the fish to be darker. Sometimes when we land fish off the Pier they are lighter.  
Originally Posted By 69cutlass:
those are nice trout ! weird how the FLA trout have black tails and the NC ones are clear/tannish

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:05:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#12]
Today was great day. High close to 80. Tide was perfect, water color was perfect. We did not land alot but the ones we landed were nice. Fished with my aunt and her husband and my dad they had great time. Dad landed he biggest fish she was around 21 inches and close to 4 lbs. Mine was a close to dads big fish . Landed flounder too the was crazy to see one in January around here.

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#13]
damn good job there buddy...
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Today it was cold and damp. Man my body feels like I been in a fight , it was numbing out there. We landed about 12 fish only 4 were keepers. Biggest one I landed was this 20+ incher ,about 3 lbs. Some guys were wading near by and they were CRUSHING them. They had a stinger full of nice fish that I could see.

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Today's catch. A mix bag of Specks, Weakfish and Blues. To bad we ran out of bait, the bigger ones started biting at the end. We landed about 20 Specks and 20 Weakfish and about 15 blues.

Link Posted: 1/20/2009 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Man, now that is some good eating!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#17]
OK had great day fished from 630am to 530pm. Im am wore out. We landed about 60 fish today, mostly Weakfish with a few nice Speckle sea trout , one Red fish too small and one nice keeper Black drum. We took 8 dozen live shrimp for bait, only had about a dozen when done. Landed alot of the Weakfish on cut bait and jigs. The big catch of the day was me landed this nice 23"X 12.5" Speck that comes out to be 4.5 lbs, man she pulled hard when  I hooked here. Well Feb. is closed season here for Spotted Sea trout. March should be good thow.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Season reopened 3/1/09. Went today with pop's. It was lil chilly out but not bad. We landed about 10 Spotted Sea trout, kept 4. Landed about 25 Weakfish too. One small black drum, one inch undersized.. Dad got the big one today 20 inch Sea trout. Not a bad day.

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#19]
that 20 is all rowed out..........
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Slug-O:
that 20 is all rowed out..........

U might be right.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#21]
2 day I found out I landed a White trout or Sand trout. It was close 2  lbs. No bars on it at all and the color is more gold on the back with darker tail. And the dorsal fin is taller and has one more or less spin in dorsal fin. The flesh is different too. I remember catching them on the Gulf but not here. I should have took pick of it , it was a pretty fish and health. Now since they are not on the regulated species list its time to get proof just incase the law checks me out. I recall catching  few others like it. Will take pics of the next one for sure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Those trout are huge!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#23]
Today was a great day to fish. Water was perfect and the temp. Myself I landed about 20 Seat trout. Three over 20, on at 21 inches and FULL of roe. Had a friend of my uncle in law come out he was told I was good, well he found out for himself today. HAHA. I was on FIRE. landed a nice flounder and dad landed a keeper red too. All the fish were nice, not many undersized fish.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#24]
More fish report here. Pier report
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Went to the pier the last two days. First day was on fire the water was perfect. The fish were on FIREEEE. Black Drum, Weakfish, Blues, Redfish, Sheephead, Spanish Mackeral, Cobia, Pompano, and Whiting were biting . Second day was not so great but we still managed to bring home 3 Black Drum, and 6 Weakfish. The wind hit up to 42 mph today, made the water dirty, to bad it was not like Sundays water, oh well cant bitch much.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Today was good day not the best of weather but not bad. They said the day before the wind blew in the clean water , but missed that since dad did not want to go on Sunday. Nice whitting were biting and a few Pomp's, a few Black drum too. Landed two Black Drum one was bout 3 lbs and the nice one was 10lbs. 26" and 19 " girth. I landed the biggest fish of the day on the Pier.

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#27]
you da man tuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Landed my biggest Spotted Sea Trout today. 5lbs. Final got a true gator trout. She was 23.5" X 13". Only landed to one was right at 15". I lost another one about as big as the 5 pounder.. Missed some other big fish that broke are leaders and simple pulled off too. Jack's were on fire and few spanish biting and drum..

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#29]
When are you going again? Call me
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I did a drive by on Tuna the other day................
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Going tomorrow EARLY. Went to the pier today tried out my new rod. 9 ft Shimano's  Cennan Salmon/Steelhead rod . landed a 25 lb Stingray on it and then dad hook a 30 lb Cowray on it. I dawged the drag down and whipped there asses. Like the rod so much I just order another one since they are on sale $70 off. SALE
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok went today, left home at 530 AM. UGGGGG. Got to the first bait shop CLOSED, second B.S.OUT OF LIVE SHRIMP. Dang. So we had to drive about 20 miles out of the way to get some live shrimp, FINAL got some. Headed to Saw Pit Creek bridge. Started off a lil slow then the action cranked up. My metal challenged uncle landed his first float rig Speck Trout . Dad landed most. I landed a nice Flounder. Lost to dang floats today when hooking fish, one fish bite thru line at the sinker. That was seven bucks worth of floats lost. UGGGGG. Oh well not a bad day at least it was not raining.

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Went today. Slow again, I think the runs are done in the inlets, creek time . Nice weather with a lil rain here and there. Landed only 2 Sea trout but they were nice. One was 17 inches the other was 22 inches and girth at 11.5 inches = 3.64 lbs, the big girl took a chunk of fresh cut mullet. Lady next to me and her friend must have landed 40 Spade fish, all small but eatin size. Tuna
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 4:32:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#34]
Slug-o and I went to the Rocks on Sat afternoon and Sunday morning with some handsize Pogies (Menhaden) . Saturday was crazy. First cast Slug-O lost a nice tarpon, then he lost another one, me I was busy getting my rig built hahah. Final got my rig built and thru a pogy. First hit and it was a baby tarpon, I hooked it good in the back landed it thow. I say it was about 20 lbs, got some good jumps out of it. then we got into to the big reds. We landed two keepers by surprise, not many within the slot size at the rocks. The best part of the day was when I was reeling in my bait, I saw this huge fish following my bait about a foot under the surface. It was huge redfish about 4 feet long, Slug-O was thinking it was shark or a cobia, no it was BULL redfish. that thing took me for a ride,  I was using a Uglystick spinning rod a boat series and a Dawia gold 60 spinning reel loaded up with Power Pro 80#. That fish had that rod bent a far as it could go with the drag I had on it set. I still could not stop it, I tightened up the drag a bit and the fish ran on more time and PULLED. I SAID SHIT REEL LOUD. OH well at least we saw the BEAST. I am about the grill some redfish on the half shell in few . Yea that fish will be inbedded in my mind forever. Next time I will be ready for the Beast. Tuna.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#35]
No pics today but its about  begin. Went to the Pier today Mullet are starting there move South . Landed a few whitting and Bluefish. A few red were landed, too bad  i did not have some live finger mullet for that. Friend was coming up when were living. I  asked what u been catching he said some good fish and some nice Speckle Trout up to 24 inches in evenings. Tuna
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#36]
2 day the pier was good but not for me. I got into the lil whitting  most were just big enough to pan fry. Saw one guy land a 18 inch whitting, I did set the hook on his rod. HE got bent out of shape when  I grabbed is rod from flying over the rail with that fish on it. They were landing bull reds at the end in the morning they said. Pompano bite was good but U had to be in the right spot  to get them. Sheephead were taking sandfleas. Fish are moving time to go. Tuna
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 8:06:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#37]
Season is just getting started for the Spotted Sea Trout. Went yesterday to Sawpit Creek bridge . Hooked a few, some got off. We landed one health 16 inch fish. Dad lost one right at the drop net about 3 lbs. The Lookdown fish were biting like mad. Nice day to go fishing no matter what.

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 8:12:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#38]
This is from Halloween weekend time. Dad was on fire with the lil whitting . Jennifer even landed some she even whipped me fishing, its ok thow happy she had great time since she has not gone fishing since she was lil girl. They were catching some nice fish out there, sheephead, redfish, pompano, some huge whitting.

Link Posted: 11/16/2009 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Today was very nice day, great weather and good fishing. Got here around 10am, the good spots were about full. Took my mental challenged uncle 2 day and dad. fish were biting but it was hard to get to them because of the spots there were hanging out in. Final got spot and started landing fish. I did not catch any until  I changed my rig to slider rig instead of drop rig. First cast BAMB nice whitting, every cast for about a hour I was landing nice ones. Tide was on the out going  near the bottom a guy gave me some fiddler crabs, I told my uncle to use one since he is good catching Sheephead .Did not take long and he landed a legal size fish. I retied my rig to Sheephead rig and tried my luck. I got lucky as U can tell by the pic, fish was about 19 inches and about 5 lbs. SO over all we landed about 20 whitting and 2  Sheephead. I missed the damn space shuttle launch. Wish my lady could been there with us.

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Well way to start the New Year. It was damn cold out for Florida folks , I went out in thow . High temp was around 45. Fish the mid part of the falling tide. We landed alot of fish,  hooked to hungry birds, dad had Pelican on I had on a Osprey. Birds were ok my fish had talon holes in him HAHA. Biggest fish was about 18 inches. Got are limit plus, gave fish away. ready to go again before closed season here. Pics via cell phone, had hell of time hitting small buttons on it. Damn wrong date on bags. Tuna

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Week before, got out there at the ass crack of dawn

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#42]
WTF Tuna! I want to go!

-JC
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#43]
This is from last weeks trip down to South PVB. Nice day it was a lil chilly but cant bitch about it. Went with dad and my GF Jen. Got there and casted first rod by the time i had my next rod ready to cast Jen was reeling in a nice kingfish (whitting). We did not catch alot but it was very nice day on the beach. The GF beat me again fishing, but hay I dont care one bit, love just watching her have fun.

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 11:48:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-TUNA] [#44]
Went out Monday with my GF Jen near the Jax Beach Pier. Weather was not the best but it was better then just not doing nothing . Jen whipped my ass AGAIN 4 to 2 but i enjoy it.

Got my new ride(new beach cart)

Link Posted: 4/1/2010 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Well its time to hit the beach and hit it hard since most fish are migrating North now. The big drum should show up any day now  and the pompano. Well Jen ,dad n I went this past Monday out to the pier started of slow 4 us until I found out wear the fish were at, they were in deeper water then normal. We must have landed over 50 whitting. Landed this fish I dont even know what is it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks good tuna
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#47]
looks like a catfish of some kind
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Finally got the boat done and running after a few years . Went up to one of my secret spots with my Jen. Nice day it was with the weather could not complain about that. Tide was just starting to go out. Used some dead shrimp for bait. Started off slow got some trash fish (stinger rays and lil sand perch's) Tide final got down and hooked up on a red but it broke me off on the oyster bed. Landed the one good fish about 21 inchs and some nice fillets. Other pics withe black drum and spanish was from few weeks ealier. No im not wearing a skirt. HAHA

Link Posted: 4/29/2010 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#49]
can i get a close up shot of that huge cork setup? i am curious - never seen anything like that - looks like it weighs a ton - thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Dont have any at he moment all that is at the other house. I usea 12" float witha 2 oz sinker below it. The video shows how to rig it. http://www.howtodothings.com/video/how-to-rig-a-floatslip-bobber-rig
Originally Posted By Cossa:
can i get a close up shot of that huge cork setup? i am curious - never seen anything like that - looks like it weighs a ton - thanks

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top