Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 4:17:19 PM EDT
Well not really. Had a great day surf fishing with dad. The weather was perfect for it. Fished all the way to dark. Landed about 16 kept 13. Some were on the small size but they will fry up YUMMY.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Look out!

That sharks about to take your arm off!

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice...

I remember those days...
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sure you weren't fishing for bait?
Well they make great bait too but they sure taste damn good. One of my favorite fish to eat out of the POND.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Whiting is delicious,  way to go

They DO make great bait also, sharkbait.

M4 any pomps around your way?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thank you very much for the pics.  It brought back many good memories as my friends and I use to surf fish building a fire and drinking beer all night years back.

We learned real fast to not tie that knot on the Penn reels as you only have so much line to turn the big ones.  One really alcohol heavy night, I laid into a big one.  I lost all sense of time or surroundings as it was hit the switch, let it drag, and pull then release only to do it all again.  Finally the beast turned and slowly but surely I started gaining line on my reel again. I was about totally exhausted as he popped surface just a few feet from me.

It was then I noticed a good 5-6 feet between dorsal to tail fin and despite being only in moonlight that distinct camo pattern on it.  It was then that I noticed I was chest deep in the Texas surf.  The only thought in my mind was "Who caught who and feet don't fail me now!"

Great fun, you're having.  Thanks for memories.

Tj

... Who boy, that was a spooky read!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top