Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2011 5:41:35 PM EDT
...where to aim?

What's the furthest shot you're willing to take?  Same as distance for deer sized game?

Me?

Same poundage as deer.  Turkey Terror made by American Broadhead Company.  Same distance I'm comfy shooting deer.  Gonna aim at where the legs meet the body or high... under the spine (ETA: when broadside).

You Guys and Gals?
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about my bow for turkey, but with a shotgun I can hit the head and not split any of the meat.

I shot 2 pheasant last fall with my bow and the arrow split the breast in half. I don't want to run a turkey like that. We still ate the whole pheasant, but I had to cut it up in quarters since it was mostly like that already.

How hard is it to hit a turkey neck or head with an arrow?
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I normally only get to hunt during the fall season, I use my same bow as for deer but I do use those big expendables mine cut 2.5 inches I think, wouldn't use them on deer but for turkeys they hit and cut through but the arrow stays in the bird, I like that, makes it harder for the thing to take off, and with such a big hole in it the bird isn't going far.... I have found a range finder is a must for me with turkeys... deer too I guess but I bought one just becuase I missed a couple turkeys one year...
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I use my old Martin for turkey.
Running ~58lb, throwing lobbing XX75 2213's with 100gr 3 blades spitfires....hence I won't shoot over 20ish yards.

I aim same place, right at the wing butt/above the legs broadside.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Hoyt maxxis 31, 64 pound with crimson talon,  bird hobbles off then dies a few yards away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top