Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2008 1:45:05 PM EDT
...but which one?    i'm not sure yet.

i am sticking with mathews because i like them.  the one i have has worked well for about 5 years and taken a lot of deer, but i just feel it is time to step up to a new one.

i'm torn between the S2, DXT, Drenaline and Switchback XT.

i'm a lefty, so that narrows down my choices when i go to the bow shop to look at them.   plus, the "local" shop is still 30 miles away.  

can anyone compare all of them and tell me which is the better bow?  

thanks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never shot the S2, but I have shot the others.

DXT:  Nice shooting bow, I'm probably being a little picky but it felt a little short for me with my draw length(29" draw) and I shoot without a loop so I was worried about nock pinch.  
Drenaline: A little faster than the SBXT but not near as comfy for me.  Seemed to have a little more shock, maybe not quite as smooth.
Switchback XT:  My favorite of the group, so I bought one.  I know there are many bows out there with more fps, but it was very smooth, quiet, and reliable.  

Speed is great, but so is being able to shoot without the fears of rotator cuff and shoulder problems.  I've had and shot many other brands, but I've really enjoyed my SBXT.

I know everyone is different so the best thing is to try them all and see what you like the best.  I know a shorter draw shooter who raves about his DXT.

Good luck, let us know what you get.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've never shot the S2, but I have shot the others.

DXT:  Nice shooting bow, I'm probably being a little picky but it felt a little short for me with my draw length(29" draw) and I shoot without a loop so I was worried about nock pinch.  
Drenaline: A little faster than the SBXT but not near as comfy for me.  Seemed to have a little more shock, maybe not quite as smooth.
Switchback XT:  My favorite of the group, so I bought one.  I know there are many bows out there with more fps, but it was very smooth, quiet, and reliable.  

Speed is great, but so is being able to shoot without the fears of rotator cuff and shoulder problems.  I've had and shot many other brands, but I've really enjoyed my SBXT.

I know everyone is different so the best thing is to try them all and see what you like the best.  I know a shorter draw shooter who raves about his DXT.

Good luck, let us know what you get.

thanks for the tips.  

i keep hearing good things about the switchback.    i'm torn honestly.  

i gotta make up my mind in the next couple days, so i'll sleep on it and see.

i really wish i could shoot all of them and see, but like i said, being a lefty, i'm pretty much SOL.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
DXT was a little short for me.  I shoot field archery and need a longer ATA length for stability.

I really liked the Drenalin and damn near bought one.  I've heard nothing but good about the SB.

see how I cleared that up for you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a DXT yesterday , I like the feel of it but it might be a little short ata for me !
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I went through this same thing last year.  I shot both the Drenalin and the Switchback XT.  I thought the Switchback XT just felt better so that's what I got.  Best bow I have ever owned.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you get one yet?
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I went through this same thing last year.  I shot both the Drenalin and the Switchback XT.  I thought the Switchback XT just felt better so that's what I got.  Best bow I have ever owned.  

Same here.  I love my XT.  I try and shoot it atleast 4 times a week,

If you are still on the fence see Glenn at Green Top and he can help you out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top