Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2008 4:07:46 PM EDT
Just getting into shooting a bow and need some input on releases. My buddy cut a finger off so I am using his release while he heals up. It is a cobra brand with a good trigger but the strap SUCKS. It is a pain to do anything with it on and starts to dig into you wrist after about ten shots. It starts to feel like a loop of wire pulling on you wrist. What do you use and like?
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Scott little goose

It's compact and smooth.  In addition to being very adjustable, it is also quite comfortable.  I tried out a wide variety of them and I liked it the best.  If you have a pro-shop by you, it wouldn't hurt to give them all a shot.  It's kind of like buying boots, what works for me may not make you happy.

One other thing to consider is if you shoot a loop or not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I do have a loop on the bow. My main reason for asking is that I think they will all be comfortable for the first dozen shots or so. Don't think I can spend that much time in a pro shop.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently changed over to a Truball Short and sweet 2 and really like it. I was shooting a Jim Fletcher Fletch hook before that.

For Target I have a Carter Solution 3
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Scott Wildcat

Little goose in my pack as a back up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Scott releases are the only way to go in my opinion.  You pay a premium for them but I feel they're worth every penny.

I hear Carter makes a good one too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I prefer a glove-type release over a wriststrap-type. Mine was made by Tru-Ball, and probably isn't made anymore. I've seen a similar one for sale by Cabela's:

Free Flight Loop Hook Release

I bought one of those from a place called Knutson's in Brooklyn, Michigan about 10 years ago and gave my other releases away.

I never could get comfortable with a strap release.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Any of the Scott releases are pretty dang good.  I currently use a silverhorn buckle and love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top