Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2018 12:58:47 AM EDT
The green ones they sell at walmart. The last of mine are Coleman brand. All of a sudden they are nowhere to be found. I see some online that are citronella based  but they aren't the green 14 packs that I buy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Off brand ones available at Home Depot by me near the pesticides.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen them at Wal-Mart for months. I did see them at Sportsmans Warehouse recently though.

I ended up buying a Thermacell instead. It's been awesome.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thermaacell is awesome. But the $ per mosquito is higher than those coils. I like the coils for camp. 2 or 3 around camp are pretty effective.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Just to clarify...looking for the green coils that aren't citronella based....think they are D.cis  or premethrin based...
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
ARF let me down. Had to find the answer on my own.

Called Coghlan's and asked about their product. Lady said that the factory that made them for all the different brands went outta biz. They are working on a replacement.  But then she said the chemicals are no longer available. So I know they aren't being made right now and I'm not sure that they will be back with the same formula they had before.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Here, $24 for 48 coils. These are the same as the coughlans, not citronella based. They were just as good, but I found they did burn a little quicker.

Amazon Product
  • Bundle Includes 12 Sets Of Pic C412 Mosquito Repellent Coils 4 Pack
  • Each Coil Burns 5 - 7 Hours
  • For Use On Patios & Porches

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Now you have me worrying about "Peak Mosquito Coils" because I always take these camping and they work great.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here, $24 for 48 coils. These are the same as the coughlans, not citronella based. They were just as good, but I found they did burn a little quicker.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5TTZHU
View Quote
I had already ordered 2 10packs of those. But the active ingredient is perythin not the d-cis...or whatever the coughlan brand was. Hopefully it's just as effective.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had already ordered 2 10packs of those. But the active ingredient is perythin not the d-cis...or whatever the coughlan brand was. Hopefully it's just as effective.
View Quote
That is all we use and they work pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just to clarify...looking for the green coils that aren't citronella based....think they are D.cis  or premethrin based...
View Quote
Probably not safe, but one could one mix up pemerethin in a sprayer to the correct ratio for clothing/animal application, and then spray onto brand new bug coils, and let them set.

*Not responsible for any injury or death.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top