Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2018 12:54:07 PM EDT
Was watching a trail up wind this morning. Heard something, looked over my shoulder and a hog came out behind me about 25 feet away. I'm dumbstruck...he's got his nose down but how the hell did he not smell me? Thought about my 45 but decided to pick up my rifle...wrong choice. I picked up my rifle and turn to see he's walking towards me nothing but a baby palm between us. As i turned to stand he saw me...did a 180 and ran. He headed behind some palms. I tried to lead him and sqeezed a shot off but it was a miss...

Thought about it after and realised i had hog bomb scent on a rag around my ankle. That's why he zeroed in on me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Drive a Ford pu,I've never missed 1 yet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Bummer. Were you public land hunting or ? How do you like the hog bomb stuff? Never tried it myself.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Ground hogs ain't hard to kill. Heck, 'round here I pop 'em all the time with a suppressed .22 rifle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bummer. Were you public land hunting or ? How do you like the hog bomb stuff? Never tried it myself.
View Quote
Yup...public land. And it seems to work, the buck bomb stuff not so much but the rut down here seems to be in Sept which is archery (which I don't hunt) so maybe not a fair assessment of the buck bomb. Based the way the pig zoned in on it I'm going to hit the same area. I'll figure the wind and mark the trail ahead of me with the bomb then wait to see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup...public land. And it seems to work, the buck bomb stuff not so much but the rut down here seems to be in Sept which is archery (which I don't hunt) so maybe not a fair assessment of the buck bomb. Based the way the pig zoned in on it I'm going to hit the same area. I'll figure the wind and mark the trail ahead of me with the bomb then wait to see what happens.
View Quote
Interesting. Which WMA? Friends and I push 3 Lakes pretty hard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top