Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2018 2:24:42 PM EDT
I have no profit to gain with Gossamer Gear and I wasn't even looking for a new backpack,
I was trolling their site to price the new sitpad but couldn't pass on this deal:

2017 Gorilla 40 Ultralight Backpack

Their 60 liter Mariposa has been my go to backpack for the past couple of seasons, and I love it, but
it's big ( voluminous ) for the 2 or sometimes 3 night hikes my schedule now affords.

I bit on the '17 Gorilla because it still has a removable "brain", the current model uses the same attached flap
that my Mariposa has, and I kind of don't like.  The flap pocket isn't practical for anything but maps.

I'm hoping the Gorilla will be my adaptable pack.  Naked it's 18 oz.  Add a sitpad for basic support ( 2 oz )
or the frame for more support (3 oz).  Need more volume, add the brain (3 oz). Humping more weight, add a hipbelt (8 oz).

The 2017 Hipbelt Large is on sale too.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish they had female specific packs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish they had female specific packs.
View Quote
ULA sells packs with female specific shoulder straps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ULA sells packs with female specific shoulder straps.
View Quote
S straps are also great for guys with big chests. moobs or pecs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top