Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2018 9:49:29 PM EDT
So since I'm gone from home the next 90 days I'm looking for a nice small grill one that can use propane.

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on this item but like it to last the 9O days. Have any advice? Not looking for charcoal as I'll be using this twice a day for breakfast and dinner.

Sorry got use to grilling my food all the time and love it! Now that I have a Trader Joe's I can get some good meats!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one of these when I was a kid, my first apartment had a small patio and it was all that would fit.
it served me well for like 2 years
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Stok Tourist. It's a small propane grill that's made to be portable. Home Depot sells it for $40. I got 2 years out of mine and that was using it 2-3 times a week. It just took a dump on me 2 weeks ago so I tossed it and went to Home Depot the next day for a new one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Weber! The only way to go!

This one!
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I expected a much different thread when I first read it as "looking for a small girl."

I'm not sure what to do with the questions that will now go unanswered, but I hope you find your grill.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This one!
View Quote
I love my Weber Q1200!

Got it under similar circumstances last year when I was out of town for three months, and have since used it frequently for all kinds of trips.  I am a charcoal guy, but the Q1200 has been awesome for dragging around and has definitely paid for itself several times over.  We even use it at the house to do something quick or to toss on some bacon in the morning.   Very highly recommended.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Like the Weber grill but it's not cheap at all! $199 vs $29?

Just looking for a cheap gets the job done grill! Don't care about brand if it Cooks that's what matters!
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love my Weber Q1200!

Got it under similar circumstances last year when I was out of town for three months, and have since used it frequently for all kinds of trips.  I am a charcoal guy, but the Q1200 has been awesome for dragging around and has definitely paid for itself several times over.  We even use it at the house to do something quick or to toss on some bacon in the morning.   Very highly recommended.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one!
I love my Weber Q1200!

I just retired my 12 year old Weber Baby-Q.  It works great still (a little uneven heating but after 12 years I think it needs a new $25 burner) but it's too small for us anymore.  Buy one cry once!
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just retired my 12 year old Weber Baby-Q.  It works great still (a little uneven heating but after 12 years I think it needs a new $25 burner) but it's too small for us anymore.  Buy one cry once!
View Quote
I understand buy and cry once but would you buy this grill to use for less then 90 days?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I understand buy and cry once but would you buy this grill to use for less then 90 days?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you planning to leave it behind?  If yes, then I wouldn't spend the money on it.  Look around on your local craigslist for a good used propane grill- it just needs to work.

If you can bring it home the Baby-Q is a good size to use for one or two people.  We rarely cook indoors in the summer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had one of these when I was a kid, my first apartment had a small patio and it was all that would fit.
it served me well for like 2 yearshttps://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/811940/811940020955.jpg
View Quote
Picked up one that looks like that at Walmart for cheap, like $25. It's called the "Expert."
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC there's bottle adapters available to connect to a larger tank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top