Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 10:21:47 PM EDT
I am sure a lot has changed, so bear with me... I will be reading through a lot of the posts, but would still like to add my salt to the potatoes... I'm sure it will piss some off... But I don't really care...
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Csb
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
John Hinckley was hired by GWB, out of MK ultra to shoot Reagan.

He was released to shoot Trump.

Welcome back.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Ham, eat lots of ham.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dude, long time no see!

Welcome back!

View Quote
Thanks. Im not sure about the other comments posted... I guess things have really changed....

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks. Im not sure about the other comments posted... I guess things have really changed....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude, long time no see!

Welcome back!

I don't understand your first post in the thread... was it just to let us know you were planning on necroposting?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude, long time no see!

Welcome back!

Read your OP, wasn't sure what to make of it. So I didn't post.

OP reread what you typed maybe its not what you wanted to convey.

Did you intend to reintroduce yourself? If so welcome back I guess. If we just met and the first thing I said to you was, maybe ill piss you off but I don't give a shit, what would your first impression be?

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am sure a lot has changed, so bear with me... I will be reading through a lot of the posts, but would still like to add my salt to the potatoes... I'm sure it will piss some off... But I don't really care...
View Quote

Hiya, RjSteed,

How the heck are you?

Tman

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did you intend to reintroduce yourself? If so welcome back I guess. If we just met and the first thing I said to you was, maybe ill piss you off but I don't give a shit, what would your first impression be?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, long time no see!

Welcome back!

Fair enough... Guess I didn't put as much thought into as I thought I did...

Yes re introducing myself. I know I have popped in, in the past couple years ago with the intent of reintegrating myself... Though, I am planning a better effort this time.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hiya, RjSteed,

How the heck are you?

Tman

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hiya, RjSteed,

How the heck are you?

Tman

Been good and you? Been pecking away at the preps, building my medical supply up to a healthy status as of late...

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Translation:

I have not been on here in quite sometime, and I am sure a lot has changed. So I will ask for your patience in your laboring through my posts. I have to read all the threads made in my absence, though I would still like to attempt to add my thoughts and conjecture in the mean time. A lot of what I type, gets misunderstood, as well as much of the toys I have are not what others suggest putting in the toy box... That usually bothers some people, and creates disturbance.

It does not bother me so much, in that they dislike my toys and the way I go about playing with them in the playground.

I think one of the last posts I did was of a medical bag I was putting together. Someone got upset about some of the items I had on the list (intended inventory). It was also misunderstood that I was not suggesting this bag/ inventory I was just showing what I had put together.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good grief, people, rj is one of the original Survival Forum crew. Franksquid, Tom Jefferson, Ops, protus, ffyr, halffast, bayeagle, bunch of others. I hate it when GD creeps into this forum.

He not introducing himself, he saying he's still alive. Rudeness doesn't belong in this forum. SMH

View Quote

first calm down
second it read like a reintroduction thread he even said thats what  it was in a follow up post
third this isn't the survival forum its the outdoor forum for whatever that matters
fourth arguably the original post could be considered rude ala "I might piss you off but I don't care"
anyway i am  pretty sure he can take care of himself without someone jumping out in front of him to start swinging

rj - welcome back, there are many different ways and tools to skin a cat its kinda hard to learn something new if everyone does the same thing I look forward to seeing your contributions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Translation:

I have not been on here in quite sometime, and I am sure a lot has changed. So I will ask for your patience in your laboring through my posts. I have to read all the threads made in my absence, though I would still like to attempt to add my thoughts and conjecture in the mean time. A lot of what I type, gets misunderstood, as well as much of the toys I have are not what others suggest putting in the toy box... That usually bothers some people, and creates disturbance.

It does not bother me so much, in that they dislike my toys and the way I go about playing with them in the playground.

I think one of the last posts I did was of a medical bag I was putting together. Someone got upset about some of the items I had on the list (intended inventory). It was also misunderstood that I was not suggesting this bag/ inventory I was just showing what I had put together.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Translation:

right on, welcome back
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good grief, people, rj is one of the original Survival Forum crew. Franksquid, Tom Jefferson, Ops, protus, ffyr, halffast, bayeagle, bunch of others. I hate it when GD creeps into this forum.

He not introducing himself, he saying he's still alive. Rudeness doesn't belong in this forum. SMH

View Quote

He is as welcome here as any, and doesn't look like he is asking to be treated special.

Some of us hate forum Nazis.

No one posted anything rude.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Guys, Im going to stop checking this thread...

All is good, yes I need to pay more attention to what I am typing. TimJ thank you for your efforts.

I will have to see where the square peg goes now, and where I can fit the oval peg. Then I can post some things I have been working on.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guys, Im going to stop checking this thread...

All is good, yes I need to pay more attention to what I am typing. TimJ thank you for your efforts.

I will have to see where the square peg goes now, and where I can fit the oval peg. Then I can post some things I have been working on.
View Quote

Not so much for Rj, but for others who don't know him.  Yes, he's a little salty; however, he's been great contributor. Not all opinions will be appreciated, but even dissenting opinions can offer nuggets of value.  A little diversity in tools/toys, training and philosophies makes for a much healthier discourse on subjects we're all passionate about.  Welcome back Rj,

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I am still alive as well, but just have not had much time to post in a long while.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome back, I came back too after lots of years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

I started my ARF career in Survival.

I thought this WAS GD till yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Welcome back Bro!

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Nope was my fault for not clearly stating what I was trying to say...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Good to see you back.  I've been lurking around still and remember you from "way back when" in these forums.

I posted a lot as Machaira back then until I needed to change that ID.  

Still read a lot on here but don't post much these days.  See ya round man.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I still think your gay..LOL

Oh and kifaru sucks.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I still think your gay..LOL

Oh and kifaru sucks.

View Quote

That's only because you have seen me clean m junk and you liked it....
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Sup
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sup 

View Quote

It lives........

How you been ....
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Livin' the dream.

Got me a sweet BOL a few years ago, heavily wooded, with a nice hill-top view, complete with a running creek the empties into a nearby river.  Out in the sticks (relatively speaking), but close enough to civilization that I can go to a good paying job every day to pay for it all.

Both the property and the job are more than I ever thought I'd ever achieve, so... quite happy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome!!!!

I moved to spitting distance to where we used to camp....
Fuck city bs.lol 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#31]
They make canned bacon now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They make canned bacon now. 
View Quote

And shelf stable bbq pulled pork sandwiches.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sup
View Quote
Hey been a long time... So you retired from Marines? Im still a tech license... Still needing to upgrade...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top